Olu111

My Son's I-130 petition. (I-R2)

10 posts in this topic

Good day everyone,

I am new here and I need your wealth of experience in getting through this very difficult time.

I am a USC and filed for my wife's two children, ages 6 and 13.

Their cases are at the Nigerian embassy for interview. NVC gave them two different dates.

My 6 year old went for his interview on the 4th of February and my sister-in-law took him as my wife is in the US with me.

He can be very shy, when he was been interviewed and asked questions, he didn't respond.

He was given a white paper that states administrative processing and his passport was not collected. He was not asked to submit any other documentation. 

Could his not responding be a reason?

All our documents checked out and the whole process was done by a lawyer on our behalf.

I keep checking on their website for update and it's still on administrative processing. My wife was asked to do DNA test and it all came back 99.9999% on both of them.

My wife has her green card too.

My daughter has her interview on the 24th of February when the ban is supposed to take effect in Nigeria.

My little girl has been overwhelmed with the fact that the brother had his interview before her. She is of the opinion that she will be left behind. 

Another challenge is that my mother-in-law that looks after both of them is quite poorly now. She even had to seek medical help in UK.

Please, can anyone that has had experience with Administrative processing in Nigeria come to my aid?

And the ban is not even making matters easy.

My wife has not been able to sleep and eat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Moved to Regional forum in the hope that OP can get replies specific to Nigeria 

** organiser hat off ***. I’m so sorry to know that you and your wife are having to deal with this .. hoping things move forward soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not normal to ask a 6 year old very much, difficult to tell what is going on, obviously they had doubts about the family relationship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

AP is normal, even for a child, so I would assume it is normal AP, can not see why or how they could turn down a child of 6 who did not want to say anything.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Nothing else to be done.

On 2/17/2020 at 9:22 PM, Olu111 said:

@ Boiler, you are absolutely right. 

I was hoping someone on this platform may have a similar experience.

I'll keep the house updated.

@Boiler, the case was last updated on the 21-Feb- 2020. He had his interview on the 3rd of February. He is still on Administrative processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.