coforever

Please for those that interviewed for k1 visa and was approved in Lagos February 2020 have you gotten your visa

48 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, coforever said:

That's us travel doc passport tracker. Your ceac status shows the status of you visa and not tracking your passport. To check the status of your visa use this link below

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

This is what it says, I don’t know what this means

B844A83A-5460-488B-9BEE-716B0C734467.jpeg

1 minute ago, QweenSasha said:

Good afternoon coforever. I have paid my visa fee and scheduled my appointment. I got my interview confirmation. Is that the supposed letter I am supposed to go with? The hospital is saying they need a letter with my case number, maybe they mean my NVC letter. You've been helpful to me and I really appreciate.

You can photocopy your Nvc  letter and take with you. I had mine in my email so I just showed them there.  Did you confirm that your ds160 and appointment confirmation have Thesame bar code numbers?

18 minutes ago, coforever said:

That's us travel doc passport tracker. Your ceac status shows the status of you visa and not tracking your passport. To check the status of your visa use this link below

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

This is what it says 😞😞 I already did the interview, should I be worried?

72F5262A-FF60-4CA4-9C27-343FEACF8A0F.jpeg

9 minutes ago, King millie said:

This is what it says, I don’t know what this means

B844A83A-5460-488B-9BEE-716B0C734467.jpeg

I think you should try and cover your details when posting here because this is a public platform for anyone to view. 

also when I was checking mine I used my NVC case number that begins with LGS.. So use that and try again but please cover it when posting 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, coforever said:

You can photocopy your Nvc  letter and take with you. I had mine in my email so I just showed them there.  Did you confirm that your ds160 and appointment confirmation have Thesame bar code numbers?

Ok. I have printed my NVC letter and my interview confirmation. The confirmation code was different. So I called like you told me to. They included my ds160 confirmation code to my interview confirmation. Is that all I need? I can just walk in to the police station with my passport for my clearance certificate right?

4 minutes ago, QweenSasha said:

Ok. I have printed my NVC letter and my interview confirmation. The confirmation code was different. So I called like you told me to. They included my ds160 confirmation code to my interview confirmation. Is that all I need? I can just walk in to the police station with my passport for my clearance certificate right?

If you are in Lagos they said it is done in alagbon but if you are in another state.. Go the the police station or the state CID there they will advice you. 

33 minutes ago, coforever said:

I think you should try and cover your details when posting here because this is a public platform for anyone to view. 

also when I was checking mine I used my NVC case number that begins with LGS.. So use that and try again but please cover it when posting 

I checked with my case number and it still shows the same thing...

Timeline
7 minutes ago, coforever said:

If you are in Lagos they said it is done in alagbon but if you are in another state.. Go the the police station or the state CID there they will advice you. 

I'm not in Lagos but I was thinking of going to alagbon when I fly to Lagos for my medical screening. I don't want to get the police report here (where I live) since they specifically mentioned alagbon as the only police station in their instructions.

Edited by QweenSasha

10 minutes ago, King millie said:

I checked with my case number and it still shows the same thing...

OK. Be patient.  wait 10 working days because that was exactly how long mine took. Nothing to be worried about 

14 minutes ago, QweenSasha said:

I'm not in Lagos but I was thinking of going to alagbon when I fly to Lagos for my medical screening. I don't want to get the police report here (where I live) since they specifically mentioned alagbon as the only police station in their instructions.

OK then.. That would be fine too. Also have you gotten your birth attestation from NPC

Timeline
1 minute ago, coforever said:

OK then.. That would be fine too. Also have you gotten your birth attestation from NPC

Yes I have that. I'm gathering all my documents right now.  Thank you so much.. I really appreciate your assistance. on my own, I would have been really confused. God bless you.

Greetings everyone....

My experience is that I had my interview in November 25th and was called for a review/follow up interview on the 27th but they needed my child's original birth certificate which I didn't have at that time. My fiancee sent it though was delayed till January which I submitted to them....they sent me an email saying my review has been completed. I also got an email that I should drop off my passport which I did on the same 19th. It's almost 10days now.My status changed to case received on Friday and later administrative processing this morning...

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on..?

By tomorrow or Wednesday it will be 10days....does it mean I will be issued the visa and will not be affected? They asked me to send a confirmation email to confirm that if visa is issued that I will be able to travel before my medical expires on March 27th...what do you think?

Edited by Largeman P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, Largeman P said:

Greetings everyone....

My experience is that I had my interview in November 25th and was called for a review/follow up interview on the 27th but they needed my child's original birth certificate which I didn't have at that time. My fiancee sent it though was delayed till January which I submitted to them....they sent me an email saying my review has been completed. I also got an email that I should drop off my passport which I did on the same 19th. It's almost 10days now.My status changed to case received on Friday and later administrative processing this morning...

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on..?

By tomorrow or Wednesday it will be 10days....does it mean I will be issued the visa and will not be affected? They asked me to send a confirmation email to confirm that if visa is issued that I will be able to travel before my medical expires on March 27th...what do you think?

@Largeman P   They are probably still looking through all your documents and reviewing your case. Hopefully your visa will be issued soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.