ERCA

AOS PAYMENT IN PROCESS

79 posts in this topic

hi guys! i know we all have the same processing problem with AOS payment. 

Does anyone know how long it takes from the time they respond to the emailed inquiry (with bank statement) to when they resolve it and show it as PAID? 

• 1 month later...

The issue is still occurring. I paid the fees, and the money was taken out of my account 1 week ago. The IV fee is "paid" and the AOS is still "in process." I sent an inquiry through "Ask NVC" with a screenshot of my bank statement as suggested, but I'm not feeling confident that they will respond soon.

The CEAC website has had a notice on the login page about scheduled maintenance on July 11th, and today it's changed to July 18th. They don't say what the update is exactly, but I hope it's a fix for this issue.

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2020 at 10:56 PM, Chasunmee said:

The issue is still occurring. I paid the fees, and the money was taken out of my account 1 week ago. The IV fee is "paid" and the AOS is still "in process." I sent an inquiry through "Ask NVC" with a screenshot of my bank statement as suggested, but I'm not feeling confident that they will respond soon.

The CEAC website has had a notice on the login page about scheduled maintenance on July 11th, and today it's changed to July 18th. They don't say what the update is exactly, but I hope it's a fix for this issue.

This is still happening but I was able to get it fixed and wanted to share the info to save others time- I paid on July 20, payment went through on the 22nd, and AOS fee was marked as "paid" just a few days later. However, my IV fee was marked as "in process" for about three weeks (until today), even though I had transaction IDs for both payments and they had both successfully been deducted from my account. Here is what I did:

1) I put in a request through "Ask NVC" for them to look into the issue, and I attached only my receipt for the IV fee. I got a response within a few days saying that it was simply still in process and to continue to wait, but it didn't feel right since it has been almost a month.

2) I decided to call NVC and spoke to an agent who was super helpful: she told me that in order for them to have proof that the transaction is not actually still "in process" and that there is a problem on their end that they need to fix, I needed resend all the info I had sent to "Ask NVC" but to ALSO attach a screenshot of the transactions from my bank account when the money was taken out. She said that this would then trigger a ticket to be made in the IT department and they would look into my issue. She told me that there was no timeframe she could give me as to when it would be fixed but that I should expect an email from IT so that I can at least know that my issue has been sent somewhere and is being dealt with. 

3) While I have not received any email correspondence from NVC, they have dealt with my issue and my IV fee is now marked as paid and I can access the DS 260! Wooooo

TLDR: If one or both of your fees are marked as "in procees" for an extended period, fill out the "Ask NVC" form with the info for your payment and attach both the receipt and a screenshot of the transactions from your bank account. This does NOT need to be your account statement- just a screenshot of the transactions from your mobile banking page will do.

Hopefully this will help save someone else an hour of hold time on the phone with the NVC!

15 hours ago, Fullbien said:

TLDR: If one or both of your fees are marked as "in procees" for an extended period, fill out the "Ask NVC" form with the info for your payment and attach both the receipt and a screenshot of the transactions from your bank account. This does NOT need to be your account statement- just a screenshot of the transactions from your mobile banking page will do.

Hopefully this will help save someone else an hour of hold time on the phone with the NVC!

Thanks for sharing! 

I never got a response from Ask NVC and finally called, after about 40 days of waiting. Called on a Monday right at 7am and waited 15-20 minutes to speak with someone.

The representative I spoke with seemed familiar with the issue and put a note on my case for a supervisor to look at. I never had to submit anything through Ask NVC again and was simply told to keep an eye on my email. I never got an email about the issue, but the AOS payment status changed to "paid" two days later. 

If you submit an inquiry through ask NVC and don't get any response, I highly suggest calling. A few hours stuck waiting on the phone beats weeks of waiting for a response or update. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.