silversnake125

Occupational Health Vaccine/ Blood Test - Will Embassy Doctor Accept It?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Upon checking my GP records, they are useless. They have no record of me having chickenpox. I saw sure my mum had mentioned it in the past but I’m not in contact with her anymore, and my dad can’t remember.

I work for the NHS and sometimes come into contact with patients, so I contacted occupational health and told them I was no longer sure of my immune status.

They gave me a blood test and emailed me to say I’m immune. Will the London Embassy Doctor accept this? It was from her Trust email with her email signature and contact details. I’m hoping this will suffice.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A titre test?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
19 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Hi all,

Upon checking my GP records, they are useless. They have no record of me having chickenpox. I saw sure my mum had mentioned it in the past but I’m not in contact with her anymore, and my dad can’t remember.

I work for the NHS and sometimes come into contact with patients, so I contacted occupational health and told them I was no longer sure of my immune status.

They gave me a blood test and emailed me to say I’m immune. Will the London Embassy Doctor accept this? It was from her Trust email with her email signature and contact details. I’m hoping this will suffice.

What do you all think?

Thanks!

Yes, the clinic in London will accept it. They also will accept “My Mum said I had chickenpox” with no written proof needed. Furthermore,  even if you never had chickenpox, you would be given the waiver for “not routinely  available” because the UK does not immunise against varicella. 

Edited by Wuozopo

32 minutes ago, Boiler said:

A titre test?

Yeah a titre year.

She said I’d only need the two vaccine doses if I wasn’t immune

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)

NVC Stage:

• March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)

27 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes, the clinic in London will accept it. They also will accept “My Mum said I had chickenpox” with no written proof needed. Furthermore,  even if you never had chickenpox, you would be given the waiver for “not routinely  available” because the UK does not immunise against varicella. 

Ah nice! Thank you 😊 

Always assumed they’d be strict for some reason

Hopefully they’ll let me pass for the Tdap when I tell them my GP lost my secondary school vaccine records. It would still be in date as it’s not been 10 years just yet 😂

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

4 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Hopefully they’ll let me pass for the Tdap when I tell them my GP lost my secondary school vaccine records. It would still be in date as it’s not been 10 years just yet

I think its highly unlikely theyll let you pass with no documentation on Tdap, if its been a few years then I believe a booster is fine, but talk it over with the doctor.

8 minutes ago, skjourney said:

I think its highly unlikely theyll let you pass with no documentation on Tdap, if its been a few years then I believe a booster is fine, but talk it over with the doctor.

Wishful thinking more than anything.

If I have to get it again then it is what it is

Thanks for your help ☺️

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Timeline
40 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Ah nice! Thank you 😊 

Always assumed they’d be strict for some reason

Hopefully they’ll let me pass for the Tdap when I tell them my GP lost my secondary school vaccine records. It would still be in date as it’s not been 10 years just yet 😂

Nope, Varicella is the only thing they waive without written documentation. It is especially easy in the UK because almost everybody has chickenpox since they do not immunise for it. 

You will need a new shot. In the UK they give Revaxis for the Td booster. It contains polio along with the tetanus and diphtheria. You don’t need a polio shot, but as long as the T and d parts are there, you are covered.

• 1 year later...

I don’t think that you will pass without any proof that you had Tdap. Besides, all records even old one should be in entered in the healthcare system. So, any GP in your country could easy access them in case it is required. So, contact your GP, and ask him to recover all your records about vaccines. Besides, you might need them somewhere else. For instance, when I visited this https://cameronmch.com/services/occupational-health/ occupational health center, they asked me for my previous records. I think it is right think to do, because your new doctor should be aware about any your illnesses, allergies or vaccines. Especially now, during the COVID19 period.

Edited by RobiN0963

Timeline
48 minutes ago, RobiN0963 said:

I don’t think that you will pass without any proof that you had Tdap. Besides, all records even old one should be in entered in the healthcare system. So, any GP in your country could easy access them in case it is required. So, contact your GP, and ask him to recover all your records about vaccines. Besides, you might need them somewhere else. For instance, when I visited this https://cameronmch.com/services/occupational-health/ occupational health center, they asked me for my previous records. I think it is right think to do, because your new doctor should be aware about any your illnesses, allergies or vaccines. Especially now, during the COVID19 period.

This is an old thread and the OP has been in the US for 5 months now. You are correct that all jabs need documentation except history of varicella (chickenpox) does not need written doctor confirmation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.