Heidi9292

Any other people filing for a Chinese fiancé?

30 posts in this topic

Timeline
8 hours ago, ShibaYuri2428 said:

We received our NOA2 on Jan 17 and got notice via tracker website that The Guangzhou Consulate has received it before Chinese New Year.  

I was also worried that the virus would pause this process for a very long time, but at the same time the Consulate Website only notes extended leave from Feb 3- 7:  https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/

If they stopped visa services, they would send a notice on the website.  Moreover, they emailed me 2 hours ago that they are doing pre-interview processing and we'd get P3 in the next few weeks.  See the below screenshot I took just now. 

So I assume that their backlog is pretty huge now after a 2-3 week break, but will still resume service as normal.  The more they stop working, the more behind they will get scheduling interviews, etc. and no one wants that unless it really is a dire situation. 

I'm also checking Guangdong cases everyday and the wiki shows that their confirmed case #s are dropping on a daily basis, which increases the chance that Guangzhou won't stop visa services -  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2019–20_Wuhan_coronavirus_outbreak_in_February_2020#Case_statistics

Overall, I do think things are stabilizing a bit.  We're still seeing getting thousands of new cases everyday, but it's not exponentially growing and the cases outside of Hubei are decreasing.   This week is critical as people start working this week again, so there's a chance the cases will tick up.  We'll see... 

image.thumb.png.dd797c65f99c5b46fcf30a001ef2529b.png

The most updated version is all regular visa service will be closed from Feb 10th. If you already have your NOA2, I suggest you to ask about extension just in case things are not getting back to normal in the next few months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, ShibaYuri2428 said:

We received our NOA2 on Jan 17 and got notice via tracker website that The Guangzhou Consulate has received it before Chinese New Year image.thumb.png.dd797c65f99c5b46fcf30a001ef2529b.png

Which case tracker did you use. I got my NOA2 January 10. Case number at NVC assigned a few days after that. But to my knowledge they haven’t shipped any petitions to Guangzhou yet. The shipping dates after my NVC case number assignment were January 21st and February 4th. But you’re saying you got NOA2 on January 17th and Guangzhou already has your petition? When did your case number get assigned?

DCF China

07/15/2018: Married

10/22/2018: Filed I-130 @ Guangzhou Embassy

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/28/2018: Interview at the Embassy

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

08/28/2019: Filed I-129F K1

09/04/2019: NOA1 Received

Timeline
6 hours ago, OliverBa said:

Which case tracker did you use. I got my NOA2 January 10. Case number at NVC assigned a few days after that. But to my knowledge they haven’t shipped any petitions to Guangzhou yet. The shipping dates after my NVC case number assignment were January 21st and February 4th. But you’re saying you got NOA2 on January 17th and Guangzhou already has your petition? When did your case number get assigned?

Happy to explain.

I double checked and actually got my case # on 1/9 then NVC sent to Guangzhou on 1/17.   What do you mean the "The shipping dates after my NVC case number assignment were January 21st and February 4th" ?  If they ship anything, they ship your petition to Guangzhou so I think that contradicts " But to my knowledge they haven’t shipped any petitions to Guangzhou yet."  So there's something I don't get from your case...  I'll explain more my situation below. 

My timeline is: 

I-129F Sent :    2019-07-10
I-129F NOA1 :    2019-07-15
I-129F RFE(s) :    2019-10-8
RFE Reply(s) :    2019-10-17
I-129F NOA2 :    2019-12-18
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :    2020-01-09
NVC Left :    2020-01-17
Consulate Received :    2020-01-22
Packet 3 Received :   Waiting... 

I used the case tracker here - https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx#.  I looked it up again and shared my screenshot below.  

I also shared screenshots of NVC emailing me on 1/17 and the attached doc they sent me about them sending the petition to Guangzhou. 

image.thumb.png.745b3fa52efb7adb0f01d185369b7296.png

image.thumb.png.487895ef26d263b6084b532b93f74c10.png

image.png.3a8740fe3460625687dccdd4711d908f.png

image.png

Timeline
7 hours ago, Heidi9292 said:

The most updated version is all regular visa service will be closed from Feb 10th. If you already have your NOA2, I suggest you to ask about extension just in case things are not getting back to normal in the next few months.

Thanks.  I'll talk to my lawyer about it.  

Timeline
8 hours ago, jd_malachi said:

Not sure if this applies to K1's or not.

As of February 10, 2020, regular visa services at the U.S Embassy in Beijing and the U.S. Consulates General in Chengdu, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Shenyang are suspended.  Due to the ongoing situation relating to the novel coronavirus, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates have very limited staffing and may be unable to respond to requests regarding regular visa services

https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/mission-china-regular-visa-services-temporarily-suspended/

Okay that's new information to me and obviously contradicts their last email to me.  So likely then they changed their policy shortly after one of their agents messaged that they will send me a package in a few weeks.   That's not cool.  I'll talk to my lawyer about this and see what he can dig up. 

Timeline

ok so the confusing was because you originally stated that your NOA2 date was 01/17 and I was trying to figure out how yours  got shipped on the 01/21 date when mine did not. In January the ship dates were 01/07 and 01/21. If you got your case number before either of those dates it would have been shipped to Guangzhou on one of those dates. After the 01/21 date, nvc stopped shipping to Guangzhou because of the virus and evacuation. I just got off the phone with them they will be holding ALL petitions with them until they get a different directive from the embassy. Meaning until the ban is lifted and they reopen fully, no petitions are going to be shipped to Guangzhou in the near future. Yours was lucky and got shipped before the madness happened. However according to the website they have cancelled all visa appointments for the last week in February which means for those who’s petitions they do have, they won’t be receiving P3s or P4s until they reopen again, and I’m sure their will be a backlog because of all the visa splints they had to cancel for this month. And who knows how long this virus thing is going to last. I’m contemplated transferring the petition to another country since my fiancé lives in China but is a citizen of another country so since it hasn’t been and won’t be shipped to China anytime soon, they told me we have the option of sending it to his home country instead. Ugh. Good luck everyone. This sucks!!!!!!

Edited by OliverBa
Typos

DCF China

11/06/2018: Received Emailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

11/27/2018: Received Mailed Notice of Additional Processing Requirements and Interview from the embassy 

12/15/2018: We were informed by letter from the embassy that based on how we got married, that we were not legally married technically and therefore could not file an I-130, unless we could provide evidence showing that our marriage license would be recognized by the issue authority (the Court).

Jan-July 2019: Attempted unsuccessfully to get married in 5 other countries; my fiancé's tourist visa application was continuously denied which left us with only the K1 option

K1 Visa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, OliverBa said:

I just got off the phone with them they will be holding ALL petitions with them until they get a different directive from the embassy. Meaning until the ban is lifted and they reopen fully, no petitions are going to be shipped to Guangzhou in the near future.

I had not contacted them directly myself yet so it's nice to get the inside scoop from someone who has, I expected as much to be honest.  I don't expect my case to be ready to be sent over until mid-March so my journey hasn't hit the roadblock yet.  I will just continue to pray for the people in China and hope for the best on when operations will start up again.

Timeline
7 hours ago, OliverBa said:

ok so the confusing was because you originally stated that your NOA2 date was 01/17 and I was trying to figure out how yours  got shipped on the 01/21 date when mine did not. In January the ship dates were 01/07 and 01/21. If you got your case number before either of those dates it would have been shipped to Guangzhou on one of those dates. After the 01/21 date, nvc stopped shipping to Guangzhou because of the virus and evacuation. I just got off the phone with them they will be holding ALL petitions with them until they get a different directive from the embassy. Meaning until the ban is lifted and they reopen fully, no petitions are going to be shipped to Guangzhou in the near future. Yours was lucky and got shipped before the madness happened. However according to the website they have cancelled all visa appointments for the last week in February which means for those who’s petitions they do have, they won’t be receiving P3s or P4s until they reopen again, and I’m sure their will be a backlog because of all the visa splints they had to cancel for this month. And who knows how long this virus thing is going to last. I’m contemplated transferring the petition to another country since my fiancé lives in China but is a citizen of another country so since it hasn’t been and won’t be shipped to China anytime soon, they told me we have the option of sending it to his home country instead. Ugh. Good luck everyone. This sucks!!!!!!

Agree with you on all points and yes you may want to send to his home country instead since we have no idea when the bans will be lifted.  Could take a while and there are also politics involved.   Best of luck! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jd_malachi said:

I had not contacted them directly myself yet so it's nice to get the inside scoop from someone who has, I expected as much to be honest.  I don't expect my case to be ready to be sent over until mid-March so my journey hasn't hit the roadblock yet.  I will just continue to pray for the people in China and hope for the best on when operations will start up again.

Side Note Here: 

From my attorney as I was worried that there would be a chance I'd have to start the whole i-129f process again if this takes a while, "K-1 visas are definitely considered 'regular visa services'.  The consular officer has the authority to extend the validity period of the I-129F petition if visa processing takes longer than the I-129F's validity period issued by USCIS, so this will not cause a problem." 

And am also praying for the people in China, especially Wuhan, and that this virus will be beaten down sooner rather than later. 

Edited by ShibaYuri2428

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
19 hours ago, OliverBa said:

...... they told me we have the option of sending it to his home country instead. Ugh. Good luck everyone. This sucks!!!!!!

If you want to change locations contact the NVC with proof he's a citizen of that country, provide a local address and phone number. Then also contact the embassy/consulate in his home country to request a change. Hell, contact Guangzhu and request a change as well. Then be prepared to wait weeks for a reply. 

Oh and you have to do it through their respective websites. 

Depending on who you talk to you'll get a different answer about what to do. It is very annoying.  That's what I've learned during this endeavor to get my wife's interview location changed.  (I left a nice little rant on the thread you started).

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

Timeline
6 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

Marry and adjust status. You'd have to do that anyways after the K1 is issued and you enter the US. 

Not that easy. We are a gay couple and can’t get married in his home country, we already tried to get married someone where else when I lived in China, and filed a spousal visa and was denied since technically it wasn’t legal for us to ge married in that country either. We have been dealing with USCIS and immigration and trying to get him over here since 2018. And now right when we are at the end of this K1 process, this bullshit happens, and this morning he calls me to tell me that the police and landlord came over and gave him 3 hours to move out of the apartment because even though he’s renting it they are not allowing outsiders to stay in the community complex, so now he’s at hotel, crying his eyes out and I’m sitting here trying to figure out what other freaking options we have, it should not be this effin hard with all these roadblocks like seriously what the hell. 

DCF China

K1 Visa

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Scott001 said:

If you want to change locations contact the NVC with proof he's a citizen of that country, provide a local address and phone number. Then also contact the embassy/consulate in his home country to request a change. Hell, contact Guangzhu and request a change as well. Then be prepared to wait weeks for a reply. 

Oh and you have to do it through their respective websites. 

Depending on who you talk to you'll get a different answer about what to do. It is very annoying.  That's what I've learned during this endeavor to get my wife's interview location changed.  (I left a nice little rant on the thread you started).

I’ve already contact his embassy, waiting for their email response before I even contact NVC again, the problem is he will need the certificate of no criminal record from China because he has lived there three years. He can’t leave unless he gets that, otherwise we will have a problem at his interview appointment in his home country. Tomorrow he will try to get it with some guangxi, crossing fingers, then we will figure it out from there.

DCF China

K1 Visa

Timeline
1 minute ago, OliverBa said:

Not that easy. We are a gay couple and can’t get married in his home country, we already tried to get married someone where else when I lived in China, and filed a spousal visa and was denied since technically it wasn’t legal for us to ge married in that country either. We have been dealing with USCIS and immigration and trying to get him over here since 2018. And now right when we are at the end of this K1 process, this bullshit happens, and this morning he calls me to tell me that the police and landlord came over and gave him 3 hours to move out of the apartment because even though he’s renting it they are not allowing outsiders to stay in the community complex, so now he’s at hotel, crying his eyes out and I’m sitting here trying to figure out what other freaking options we have, it should not be this effin hard with all these roadblocks like seriously what the hell. 

I'm sorry you've had so many issues, but my reply was directed at Heidi9292 who is already in the US on a B2 visa and has a pending K1. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

I'm sorry you've had so many issues, but my reply was directed at Heidi9292 who is already in the US on a B2 visa and has a pending K1. 

My bad, I didn’t see that. 

DCF China

K1 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.