kumbaya

Administrative Processing as Interview Result

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

🥺

i am here in here philippines with my fiancé for her interview. the result was administrative process and they also gave her passport back. 

on her cenomar paper, her fathers name was misspelled and she was told that would be an issue. the last question the interviewer  asked was about where I live. I moved in with her aunt after my lease ended so that we could just pick an apartment together when she moved. I make around 95K and we have no children/dependents but would living with her aunt be an issue?

we are concerned bc we are a same sex couple so the US is the only place we can get married pretty much and because they put us on AP and gave the passport back. Would any of the above things be such a big issue?

Edited by kumbaya

Living with her relative alone is not an issue. However, it may or may not cause the CO to wonder if the relationship only exists as a means for her to immigrate (since the aunt cannot petition her directly) and/or for the beneficiary to then petition other family members where it would be (much) faster than if the aunt were to do so. It's not an uncommon practice for people to attempt to do so with PH.

You can marry anywhere. While it may not be possible to get a US visa, and same sex marriage is not permitted in PH, you can get married in a 3rd country.

Not saying that is the path to go at this time...just pointing out that there are options to marry outsise the US.

At this point, it's just a waiting game.

Best wishes.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
3 hours ago, geowrian said:

Living with her relative alone is not an issue. However, it may or may not cause the CO to wonder if the relationship only exists as a means for her to immigrate (since the aunt cannot petition her directly) and/or for the beneficiary to then petition other family members where it would be (much) faster than if the aunt were to do so. It's not an uncommon practice for people to attempt to do so with PH.

You can marry anywhere. While it may not be possible to get a US visa, and same sex marriage is not permitted in PH, you can get married in a 3rd country.

Not saying that is the path to go at this time...just pointing out that there are options to marry outsise the US.

At this point, it's just a waiting game.

Best wishes.

thanks so much for you reply

they asked if her aunt worked (and luckily she does work directly for the government and already had to go through a lot of security clearances) so hoping it all can be sorted out with some background checks if necessary

thank you again 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, kumbaya said:

🥺

i am here in here philippines with my fiancé for her interview. the result was administrative process and they also gave her passport back. 

on her cenomar paper, her fathers name was misspelled and she was told that would be an issue. the last question the interviewer  asked was about where I live. I moved in with her aunt after my lease ended so that we could just pick an apartment together when she moved. I make around 95K and we have no children/dependents but would living with her aunt be an issue?

we are concerned bc we are a same sex couple so the US is the only place we can get married pretty much and because they put us on AP and gave the passport back. Would any of the above things be such a big issue?

Unusual to receive the passport back, but I can see the embassy doing it as getting the CENOMAR corrected could take time.

You should receive a 221g email/letter that states exactly what is wanted by the CO.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Unusual to receive the passport back, but I can see the embassy doing it as getting the CENOMAR corrected could take time.

You should receive a 221g email/letter that states exactly what is wanted by the CO.

Ok. They gave us a 221G at the window. It doesn't say for us to submit to any files. It just has checked "Your visa application is refused for administrative processing"

so i guess we just wait now

Timeline
13 minutes ago, kumbaya said:

Ok. They gave us a 221G at the window. It doesn't say for us to submit to any files. It just has checked "Your visa application is refused for administrative processing"

so i guess we just wait now

The refusal notice is normal.        221g didn't ask for a corrected CENOMAR?     .. guess you just wait then.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

The refusal notice is normal.        221g didn't ask for a corrected CENOMAR?     .. guess you just wait then.

ok, and no, they didnt ask for anything. thanks so much for your help!

Timeline
On 2/3/2020 at 7:16 PM, kumbaya said:

🥺

I don't think being a same sex couple is a concern. My fiance(e) and I are same sex couple and we got approved. 

Hoping for the best for you and your partner!

Timeline
1 hour ago, bengal17 said:

I don't think being a same sex couple is a concern. My fiance(e) and I are same sex couple and we got approved. 

Hoping for the best for you and your partner!

I misread your post. My bad. One thing that had my fiance(e) worried was that during the prescreening,  the lady circled something, which my fiance(e) thought was her mother's name. In her BC, it's Maria and in Cenomar just Ma, but the CO didn't say anything about it during the interview. I guess we got really lucky. 

There was a lady in the embassy that she was talking to and got a 221g for a cenomar as well.

In your case, hopefully it's only a corrected Cenomar.

Timeline
1 hour ago, bengal17 said:

I misread your post. My bad. One thing that had my fiance(e) worried was that during the prescreening,  the lady circled something, which my fiance(e) thought was her mother's name. In her BC, it's Maria and in Cenomar just Ma, but the CO didn't say anything about it during the interview. I guess we got really lucky. 

There was a lady in the embassy that she was talking to and got a 221g for a cenomar as well.

In your case, hopefully it's only a corrected Cenomar.

thanks so much for this advice/info!

they still haven’t sent us an email saying if we need to send anything but the case updating date has been changing each day so  they are working on it. hopefully hear something soon

Timeline
On 2/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, Hank_ said:

Check your SPAM folder also.

Thank you, we checked and there was nothing for either of us. 

Last question: our I-797 approval expires on the 22nd. If we are still in Admin Processing, do we need to fill out anything to have it extended or will the embassy handle that automatically? What about after we have the visa on hand?

our case has been updating everyday but still just waiting to change from AP

Timeline
1 minute ago, kumbaya said:

Thank you, we checked and there was nothing for either of us. 

Last question: our I-797 approval expires on the 22nd. If we are still in Admin Processing, do we need to fill out anything to have it extended or will the embassy handle that automatically? What about after we have the visa on hand?

our case has been updating everyday but still just waiting to change from AP

The embassy extends the validity up to one year .. automatically.  You don't need to worry about this.

That's good that there isn't an email from the embassy ... just need to be patient and keep checking CEAC daily

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

The embassy extends the validity up to one year .. automatically.  You don't need to worry about this.

That's good that there isn't an email from the embassy ... just need to be patient and keep checking CEAC daily

ok that makes sense. 

we got a text from 2Go saying a document will be delivered today. Hopefully good news. 

Thank you again for all of your help again. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, kumbaya said:

ok that makes sense. 

we got a text from 2Go saying a document will be delivered today. Hopefully good news. 

Thank you again for all of your help again. 

Looks like the wait is over.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.