Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kamozee said:

My thoughts exactly!. I was very surprised. As soon as I got the mail I contacted my friend whose interview was initially scheduled for March but cancelled. I was hoping he would tell me he has been rescheduled, surprisingly he hasn't! He said he would send a mail to find out what's happening. I believe everything will be sorted out.

3 hours ago, Kamozee said:

My thoughts exactly!. I was very surprised. As soon as I got the mail I contacted my friend whose interview was initially scheduled for March but cancelled. I was hoping he would tell me he has been rescheduled, surprisingly he hasn't! He said he would send a mail to find out what's happening. I believe everything will be sorted out.

We were DQ'd early July but I refuse to be anything but hopeful .

Timeline
9 hours ago, Kamozee said:

It's very accurate. I got a mail today. My interview is scheduled for November 17.

Congratulations! Was it an email or a physical letter received in your mailbox?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Hope2020 said:

Congratulations! Was it an email or a physical letter received in your mailbox?

Thank you! It was an email.

12 hours ago, Kamozee said:

Thank you very much. My friend's interview was cancelled in March too and he hasn't been contacted. I strongly believe they'll contact those for rescheduling very soon.

Ah God I’m hopeful too ooo!! This is goodnews.. my interview was just two days to go before embassy shut down !! So hopefully they will contact us!! Please I have a question to ask; I applied for visa and was dq’d as a pregnant woman,now I have my baby, what are the requirements for my baby , will I submit them on NVC or what? Like his birth certificate.. 

17 hours ago, Hallelujah said:

Ah God I’m hopeful too ooo!! This is goodnews.. my interview was just two days to go before embassy shut down !! So hopefully they will contact us!! Please I have a question to ask; I applied for visa and was dq’d as a pregnant woman,now I have my baby, what are the requirements for my baby , will I submit them on NVC or what? Like his birth certificate.. 

Congratulations on the birth of your child!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, Hallelujah said:

you’ll have to do CRBA for the baby. That’s a different process handled by the American citizens services section of the embassy. You can do it in Abuja or Lagos. Although the embassy is not yet open for the service. https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/

Timeline
1 hour ago, juliusbliss said:

hello VJ Fam!

So here is the catch. Just got back from redoing my medical exam. 

Please if your intl.passport is with the embassy and you are to redo your medical exam kindly go to the embassy and request for it or a photocopy of the data page and must be stamped by a consulate in order for you to do the medical screening otherwise they won't be able to carry out the medical process for u. 

I was at the medical screening exercise on Tuesday after waiting on a long queue and finally get to my turn the screening officer said to me that the photocopy of my intl.passport I brought doesn't carry any stamp from the embassy that I should go get it stamped. I had to leave immediately to the US embassy to get it stamped. To cut story short I met with the consulate he told me to just have my passport back to do the screening and submit the passport along with the documents they requested prior then gave me a form and checked the box that says international passport so that the DHL staff will allow me to submit along with the rest. 

So please if you are redo your medical and you don't have your passport with u do what I have told you so u don't waste your time sitting at the medical facility to get screened. 

Anyways I finally redo my exam. Thank you Jesus. It shall end in praise for us all. Amen🙏🙏🙏

Hope iom in Abuja doesn’t do this because that will mean going to Lagos to get stamp/collect passport. 

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, NatashaK1 said:

Hope iom in Abuja doesn’t do this because that will mean going to Lagos to get stamp/collect passport. 

3 hours ago, juliusbliss said:

hello VJ Fam!

So here is the catch. Just got back from redoing my medical exam. 

Please if your intl.passport is with the embassy and you are to redo your medical exam kindly go to the embassy and request for it or a photocopy of the data page and must be stamped by a consulate in order for you to do the medical screening otherwise they won't be able to carry out the medical process for u. 

I was at the medical screening exercise on Tuesday after waiting on a long queue and finally get to my turn the screening officer said to me that the photocopy of my intl.passport I brought doesn't carry any stamp from the embassy that I should go get it stamped. I had to leave immediately to the US embassy to get it stamped. To cut story short I met with the consulate he told me to just have my passport back to do the screening and submit the passport along with the documents they requested prior then gave me a form and checked the box that says international passport so that the DHL staff will allow me to submit along with the rest. 

So please if you are redo your medical and you don't have your passport with u do what I have told you so u don't waste your time sitting at the medical facility to get screened. 

Anyways I finally redo my exam. Thank you Jesus. It shall end in praise for us all. Amen🙏🙏🙏

It is a given that the applicant attends the medical exam with the original international passport even if they would have to drop a copy of the biodata page to the panel physician. The embassy ought to have informed you of this and immediately initiate the process for pickup at the collection centre as soon as the initial email was sent. This ought to be the norm. Hopefully as we become better educated about the process, we will be able to demand they do the right thing rather than taking people through all the stress. 

Edited by damdam77

Timeline
1 hour ago, damdam77 said:

It is a given that the applicant attends the medical exam with the original international passport even if they would have to drop a copy of the biodata page to the panel physician. The embassy ought to have informed you of this and immediately initiate the process for pickup at the collection centre as soon as the initial email was sent. This ought to be the norm. Hopefully as we become better educated about the process, we will be able to demand they do the right thing rather than taking people through all the stress. 

That’s going to be tough because that will mean traveling to get the passport and after the Medical exam is done traveling again to submit the passport. I really hope there’s another way around it that doesn’t entail going with my physical passport since the exam has been done before. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

That’s going to be tough because that will mean traveling to get the passport and after the Medical exam is done traveling again to submit the passport. I really hope there’s another way around it that doesn’t entail going with my physical passport since the exam has been done before. 

Better you go with the actual passports when the time comes. Don't take the risk. 

Timeline
Just now, damdam77 said:

Better you go with the actual passports when the time comes. Don't take the risk. 

You could stay back n Lagos a day or two for the medicals and to make sure you drop the passport at the collection centre.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, damdam77 said:

You could stay back n Lagos a day or two for the medicals and to make sure you drop the passport at the collection centre.

Probably a better idea. Thank you!

Edited by NatashaK1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.