Lilith1811

ROC interview experience

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just got notification that my i-751 is ready to be scheduled for interview. Our file is in Nebraska Service Center. For anyone with ROC interview, how long from notification to actually get scheduled interview in mail and/or the actual interview? My husband (the USC) will go out of state for work the next two weeks and I'm a little bit concerned. Thank you in advance! 

They usually have a minimum of 30 days between the notice of an interview being scheduled and the actual interview date. As to when you will receive that notice, it really depends on your local office.  Don't be surprised if it will take several months to receive an interview notice and than have 2 more months before the actual date. Check the timelines of people filing ROC at your local office to get some idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If it helps...

Filed I751 6/26/2019

NOA1 I797 7/8/2019 (18 month CR1 extension)

NOA2 I797 1/7/2020 (interview date notice; set for 2/12/2020)

now we’re just waiting to go and do this interview. If anyone out there has had an interview and could share that experience it’d be much appreciated. 

Our Timeline:

Met the woman of my dreams: 7/5/2014

Married the woman of my dreams: 1/18/2016

First child with wife born: 6/6/2016 (yay!)

K-3 to CR-1 Visa Processing:

4/11/2016:   I-130 Sent

4/13/2016:   NOA1

8/26/2016:   NOA2

9/20/2016:   NVC Receipt 

10/4/2016:   NVC Case # Assigned (My birthday woohoo!)

10/4/2016:   Submit DS-261 

10/5/2016:   DS-261 / AOS / IV Bill Recieved
10/6/2016:   Paid AOS & IV Bill

10/7/2016:   Send AOS & IV Package 

12/15/2016:  CC @ NVC 

12/28/2016:  P4 Received 

12/9/2016:   Interview Date Received for 2/9/2017

2/9/2017:     Interview Result: Approved

2/14/2017:   CR-1 Visa Received (Visa in Passport)

2/21/2017:   US POE Entry @ LAX

*Sarcastically* Trucking along thanks to the dedicated and hardworking individuals at the NVC. Brings me delight to finally be able to say, the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

If u guys can help me out too, 
I got RFE, after RFE i got "Case transferred to NBC" (reason to speed up process but i doubt, i'm pretty sure its interview, they just sent me this generic letter)

How long between case transfer and Case ready to be scheduled for interview it took u?

I know that after case is ready to be scheduled for interview, NBC is done with it, and its up to local office. 
Btw if its two weeks be sure u are good at least for 30 days for now, and thats like 0.1%, its more likely to take anywhere from 2-8 months on experiences ive read.

I'm still married i751 CR6, already had interview(didnt  go as perfect as it should've tho)

Edited by Statebriga

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 11:02 PM, PandO said:

If it helps...

Filed I751 6/26/2019

NOA1 I797 7/8/2019 (18 month CR1 extension)

NOA2 I797 1/7/2020 (interview date notice; set for 2/12/2020)

now we’re just waiting to go and do this interview. If anyone out there has had an interview and could share that experience it’d be much appreciated. 

Hi there! Would you mind to share how did the intereview go? I'm still waiting for the interview date to come in mail. But would love to prepare everything. Thanks so much!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Interview went pretty smooth. Didn’t ask much of anything but I took financials and other pertinent docs that I didn’t submit w my original application. They asked for those and some photos, and gave us a notice that the case would be recommended for approval. Just got a notice today that a 10yr green card should arrive within 60 days. 

Our Timeline:

Met the woman of my dreams: 7/5/2014

Married the woman of my dreams: 1/18/2016

First child with wife born: 6/6/2016 (yay!)

K-3 to CR-1 Visa Processing:

4/11/2016:   I-130 Sent

4/13/2016:   NOA1

8/26/2016:   NOA2

9/20/2016:   NVC Receipt 

10/4/2016:   NVC Case # Assigned (My birthday woohoo!)

10/4/2016:   Submit DS-261 

10/5/2016:   DS-261 / AOS / IV Bill Recieved
10/6/2016:   Paid AOS & IV Bill

10/7/2016:   Send AOS & IV Package 

12/15/2016:  CC @ NVC 

12/28/2016:  P4 Received 

12/9/2016:   Interview Date Received for 2/9/2017

2/9/2017:     Interview Result: Approved

2/14/2017:   CR-1 Visa Received (Visa in Passport)

2/21/2017:   US POE Entry @ LAX

*Sarcastically* Trucking along thanks to the dedicated and hardworking individuals at the NVC. Brings me delight to finally be able to say, the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:15 PM, Lilith1811 said:

Hi all,

I just got notification that my i-751 is ready to be scheduled for interview. Our file is in Nebraska Service Center. For anyone with ROC interview, how long from notification to actually get scheduled interview in mail and/or the actual interview? My husband (the USC) will go out of state for work the next two weeks and I'm a little bit concerned. Thank you in advance! 

Was your case transferred from Nebraska to national benefits center before the interview? What was your original status - CR1, CR6, or K1? Were you interviewed by USCIS before?

Looks like LIN cases are normally approved without an interview, so that's odd you got one.

4 hours ago, manticora said:

Was your case transferred from Nebraska to national benefits center before the interview? What was your original status - CR1, CR6, or K1? Were you interviewed by USCIS before?

Looks like LIN cases are normally approved without an interview, so that's odd you got one.

Didn't get transferred. I was from K1. And I didn't get interviewed for my AOS. I know, I was pretty optimistic that I got approved without interview. But oh well.. just have to come and do it I guess. 

3 hours ago, Lilith1811 said:

Didn't get transferred. I was from K1. And I didn't get interviewed for my AOS. I know, I was pretty optimistic that I got approved without interview. But oh well.. just have to come and do it I guess. 

It appears that these days they really want to talk to you. Recently I haven't seen anybody without an AOS interview getting an ROC without an interview. (I also did not have an AOS interview).

8 hours ago, manticora said:

I have been told several times now by USCIS personnel, that if you file an N400, your file will go to the NBC immediately. Mine ended up there and it never showed on any of the online trackers, but the person giving me my I-551 showed me it went there in their system.

17 hours ago, PandO said:

Interview went pretty smooth. Didn’t ask much of anything but I took financials and other pertinent docs that I didn’t submit w my original application. They asked for those and some photos, and gave us a notice that the case would be recommended for approval. Just got a notice today that a 10yr green card should arrive within 60 days. 

Thank you and congratulations! 🎉

7 hours ago, manticora said:

Oh I see. Then it makes sense. Good luck! 

Thank you! 

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/30/2020 at 6:15 PM, Lilith1811 said:

Hi all,

Old photos or new photos? 

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.