Duke & Marie

Police Certificate Rejected as Wrong One But Isn’t

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, erzengel said:

Could it be possible that an alias used was left off?  Is a separate police cert required for the alias itself?

No, both names have always shown on them

The alias was my maiden name.. the certificate is supposed to show both my maiden and married name. if it didn’t it would be rejected. 

Im thinking to submit an expedite today, it’s their f*up.. it’s wasted 6 weeks so far due to them rejecting it, really don’t want to wait another 8 weeks for them to review it yet again and possibly deny again because they have no clue.

At least if I do an excite request, I can explain what happened and attach us consulate instructions for getting the certificate along with AFP example certificate for what it looks like and ask the review immediately to confirm it’s correct due to their error not mine.

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

On 2/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, Duke & Marie said:

Ok.. Brand New Police Certificate just came in the mail.. I ordered it following links and every instruction from the USA Consulate website in Sydney.. it is identical to my last one..

now for try number 3 😭😭

E96D3620-6C10-4F72-BCC5-9615A8819D54.jpeg

Got no Clue man. This is it. Hope it gets accepted this time.

Btw I always suggests everyone not to edt your pictures on phone & upload on internet. Your details such as address & different last names are very much obvious. Take it down you never know who's stalking it.

2 hours ago, FannyC said:

I just got DQ a week ago. NVC accepted the AFP check with fingerprint check and name check

Yeah I’m still waiting for finger print one to come back.. but point is finger print one isn’t a requirement, just the regular full disclosure one..

ive requested an expedite due to NVC error, see how it goes 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

3 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Yeah I’m still waiting for finger print one to come back.. but point is finger print one isn’t a requirement, just the regular full disclosure one..

Yes I understand as they only prefer it with fingerprint check but it is not a requirement. 

Hope they will accept your new AFP and expedite your case.

• 5 months later...

Duke and Mary, did your police report work out eventually or did you have to get the biometric done. My husbands Australian police report has been rejected 3 times. We have no idea what to do because we did it right this time.did everything step by step and it still got rejected. Please let me know what you did to get it approved.

thank you,

ang

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ang shepa said:

Duke and Mary, did your police report work out eventually or did you have to get the biometric done. My husbands Australian police report has been rejected 3 times. We have no idea what to do because we did it right this time.did everything step by step and it still got rejected. Please let me know what you did to get it approved.

thank you,

ang

Yes they did. Send em a DM.

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

• 3 weeks later...

Duke and Mary, 

I have the same issue with my brother's Austrailian police report getting rejected by NVC (for the 1st time). I appreciate if you share with me, what you did to resolve the issue. I saw a reply you posted to other question similar to mine and you said "send them a DM". Not sure what you mean by DM. Can you please explain more. Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 hours ago, WinstonK said:

Can you send me a DM as well we just got our second rejection I’m wondering what you did to get your approval for the police check. Thank you!

I didnt need a police certificate from Australia. I only posted about another member who went through the same thing ^^ sorry cant help 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

On 2/9/2020 at 12:24 PM, Duke & Marie said:

Hi,

I'm also going through the same dilemma - rejected twice now and can't seem to get a straight answer from NVC.

My wife has called them twice and they keep referring us back to the travel.state.gov website but that's the link I originally used to apply for my police certificate. I also have a receipt to confirm where I organise the police check (which I also provided via email to NVC but to no avail with the response).

Do you think I should re-apply with finger print and disclosure check? If so, a little frustrating as I'm unable to go to a police station due to the lockdown here in Melbourne. 

4 hours ago, juzasking said:

Hi,

I'm also going through the same dilemma - rejected twice now and can't seem to get a straight answer from NVC.

My wife has called them twice and they keep referring us back to the travel.state.gov website but that's the link I originally used to apply for my police certificate. I also have a receipt to confirm where I organise the police check (which I also provided via email to NVC but to no avail with the response).

Do you think I should re-apply with finger print and disclosure check? If so, a little frustrating as I'm unable to go to a police station due to the lockdown here in Melbourne. 

ah the dreaded police certificate again... this one sucks and seems to be pot luck on acceptance.. That cost me 9 weeks delay and a supervisor review that did nothing... 

They eventually accepted the Regular full disclosure one for immigration purposes as shown a]in above post (not finger print one). after writing in the comment box (right next to where the document is uploaded) that it was the correct one as per their reciprocal documents instructions as listed within both the Sydney consulate website and NVC instructions.. Don’t know if my writing in there made a difference or not but it was the original first doc that I uploaded for a 3rd time that was accepted.. 

@Anii

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

19 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

ah the dreaded police certificate again... this one sucks and seems to be pot luck on acceptance.. That cost me 9 weeks delay and a supervisor review that did nothing... 

They eventually accepted the Regular full disclosure one for immigration purposes as shown a]in above post (not finger print one). after writing in the comment box (right next to where the document is uploaded) that it was the correct one as per their reciprocal documents instructions as listed within both the Sydney consulate website and NVC instructions.. Don’t know if my writing in there made a difference or not but it was the original first doc that I uploaded for a 3rd time that was accepted.. 

@Anii

Thanks for that. 

Should I call them or just upload the same document and add in the comment box stating the same thing? The pain of being on hold for over an hour and being told the same thing is such a waste of time. 

I did email them at one point with the receipt to show proof of where it came from but even then I did not get an adequate answer :(

1 hour ago, juzasking said:

Thanks for that. 

Should I call them or just upload the same document and add in the comment box stating the same thing? The pain of being on hold for over an hour and being told the same thing is such a waste of time. 

I did email them at one point with the receipt to show proof of where it came from but even then I did not get an adequate answer :(

I just uploaded and wrote it in... calling them you just get the standard response

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.