The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, os306 said:

Just an update in case this helps anyone: I was able to get through to the IRS international helpline (tel: +1 267-941-1000) and speak to a representative who was able to mail out our 2017, 2018, and 2019 tax transcripts. Not sure how long they will take to arrive in the UK, but it's good that these are now being sent out. I did ask again if they could fax them instead, but was told they no longer do this.

We may call them first of July. I've been reading, and not totally sure we will need the transcript or not, as it is supposed to be for the I-864, which we don't have to fill out. It does say you can use your actual filing documents if the transcript isn't available. Sadly, until our I-130 gets approved and moved over to the IVU, I won't be able to get a decent answer out of them on what we need in our case. 

Hi Guys,

Anyone made any headway with all this yet? We're still waiting for the embassy immigrant visa unit to write to us after i-130 was approved 16th March. Curious to see if anyone has seen/had any activity. Thanks in adv. 

Stupid question. The email those of us got after the office closed stating they do have our application but cannot process payment yet. Is that considered the NOA1? Sadly, I can't create a new timeline here but I'm trying to keep track on a spreadsheet for my own purposes lol. 

21 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

Stupid question. The email those of us got after the office closed stating they do have our application but cannot process payment yet. Is that considered the NOA1? Sadly, I can't create a new timeline here but I'm trying to keep track on a spreadsheet for my own purposes lol. 

It's a good question actually...

In the past, I've read that the actual I-130 processing starts once payment is successfully taken (I can understand the rationale - USCICS doesn't want to go through the hassle of processing a petition before making sure that payment is valid). However, given the highly unusual situation that we're in, I'm not sure if they are processing the I-130s regardless, and will start charging credit cards once they have the ability to take payments again. I know that our petition envelope has been opened, as the e-mail my wife (petitioner) received had my name on it, which they wouldn't have known unless the envelope had been opened.

Currently, my (rather empty) timeline looks line this:

16th March 2020: I-130 & I-130a petition sent via Royal Mail next day delivery

17th March 2020: Petition signed for at US embassy

19th May 2020: E-mail received from London USCIS acknowledging receipt of I-130 but no payment taken

2 minutes ago, os306 said:

It's a good question actually...

In the past, I've read that the actual I-130 processing starts once payment is successfully taken (I can understand the rationale - USCICS doesn't want to go through the hassle of processing a petition before making sure that payment is valid). However, given the highly unusual situation that we're in, I'm not sure if they are processing the I-130s regardless, and will start charging credit cards once they have the ability to take payments again. I know that our petition envelope has been opened, as the e-mail my wife (petitioner) received had my name on it, which they wouldn't have known unless the envelope had been opened.

Currently, my (rather empty) timeline looks line this:

16th March 2020: I-130 & I-130a petition sent via Royal Mail next day delivery

17th March 2020: Petition signed for at US embassy

19th May 2020: E-mail received from London USCIS acknowledging receipt of I-130 but no payment taken

I know, hence why I'm not sure. I'm hoping they are back in the office either this week or next and can start processing payments. But it would also seem silly for them not to have started slowly processing if they have already sent acknowledgement of receipt. It's such a mess. :)

17 hours ago, Morgan5698 said:

Hi Guys,

Anyone made any headway with all this yet? We're still waiting for the embassy immigrant visa unit to write to us after i-130 was approved 16th March. Curious to see if anyone has seen/had any activity. Thanks in adv. 

I'm in exactly the same boat with pretty similar dates as well. Now into week 11 of waiting for my case number.

There is a whole bunch of information on the London embassy website, which basically says "we are closed, we will get back to you once we are open" so looks like its just a waiting game at the moment. With lockdown measures looking to be eased, hopefully they'll all be back at work soon.

2 hours ago, AlanD26 said:

I'm in exactly the same boat with pretty similar dates as well. Now into week 11 of waiting for my case number.

Ok that's great to know. I can see lots of people on here are waiting for I-130 to get finalized but hadn't known anyone in our situation. I'll let you know when our case number does come through, if you could do the same would be appreciated! Thanks!

Feb 27 - Submitted i-130 to DCF London.

March 5th - Received email advising Petition correctly filed and payment taken March 5th ( is this NOA1?)

Heard nothing since.

The waiting is killing me!😔

28 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

Feb 27 - Submitted i-130 to DCF London.

March 5th - Received email advising Petition correctly filed and payment taken March 5th ( is this NOA1?)

Heard nothing since.

The waiting is killing me!😔

I'm pretty sure you have gotten the NOA1, but don't hold me to that. I'm still waiting on them to take payment. I hope they are all getting back into their office this week/next week and can start processing properly.

35 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

I'm pretty sure you have gotten the NOA1, but don't hold me to that. I'm still waiting on them to take payment. I hope they are all getting back into their office this week/next week and can start processing properly.

Checked again today and our payment's not been taken yet either. Fingers crossed for next week...

1 minute ago, os306 said:

Checked again today and our payment's not been taken yet either. Fingers crossed for next week...

Hopefully your payment will go thru in the next few days.

Although, I do agree it may take a week or so to get the wheels turning and up to speed.....ever the optimist NOT!😂

I'm losin the plot😂😂😂

39 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

I'm losin the plot😂😂😂

Same here. I'm going crazy trying to keep things here going while planning for packing and moving everything.  We had been kind of hoping we could be there by the end of the summer to get the kids into school smoothly, but I can't really see that happening.

Hang in there, you're not alone.

1 hour ago, Stuwoolf said:

Hopefully your payment will go thru in the next few days.

Although, I do agree it may take a week or so to get the wheels turning and up to speed.....ever the optimist NOT!😂

I'm losin the plot😂😂😂

32 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

Same here. I'm going crazy trying to keep things here going while planning for packing and moving everything.  We had been kind of hoping we could be there by the end of the summer to get the kids into school smoothly, but I can't really see that happening.

Hang in there, you're not alone.

Indeed. There are a few of us in the final cohort of London DCF filers and it's been good for my sanity to know that I'm not the only one going through this! I suppose we just have to be grateful that the DCF route was still available to us, and that we are applying through a country (and Embassy) that has been known to process spousal visas smoothly in the past.

11 minutes ago, os306 said:

Indeed. There are a few of us in the final cohort of London DCF filers and it's been good for my sanity to know that I'm not the only one going through this! I suppose we just have to be grateful that the DCF route was still available to us, and that we are applying through a country (and Embassy) that has been known to process spousal visas smoothly in the past.

This is so very true. Right now, I've been just keeping myself busy while on furlough. I'll be happy when payment is taken and things can start moving. I'm just beyond ready to get this done and get back home. :)

Reading elsewhere, it seems it is accurate that Embassies are reopening (I presume this includes London?) however they are only providing services for US Citizens.......does a DCF Spouse visa fall in to that category? Lets hope so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.