The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

We've had loads of trouble with our post since COVID.  My in-laws live in Bedfordshire and items my MIL sends take weirdly varying amounts of time to get to me in the North, sometimes more than a week.  I'm sure it will come soon!!

Well this is good to know, We are waiting on post from the US Social Security Office and have no way to track when they mailed it out but had expected it by now (they say 4-6weeks). Hopefully it is just slow due to the pandemic. 

26 minutes ago, The4Sands said:

We've had loads of trouble with our post since COVID.  My in-laws live in Bedfordshire and items my MIL sends take weirdly varying amounts of time to get to me in the North, sometimes more than a week.  I'm sure it will come soon!!

Yep. Here too. Post is all over the shop! (given the circumstances, no doubt for very good reason) Waiting for my wifes birthday gift to arrive (birthday was Sat July 4th - very topical)  but the package is late. Hey ho....

Thanks all. My wife did reach out to the USCIS Field Office again today (they're probably sick of us) and, true to form, they replied within 30 minutes with a scanned PDF copy of our I-130 approval letter. They also explained that due to COVID, the Embassy Mail Room is only open twice a week so there may be some delays in notices being sent out (this probably also applies to correspondence from the IVU).

I've also tried to contact the embassy via their online form to see if I can get any info on my LDN number. Its now been 16 weeks since I got my I-130 approval and have still not had any contact from them. They promptly ignored me and I still haven't heard anything so I think trying to contact them to get LDN details wont yield any joy (based of my experience).

Unfortunately the only thing we can do is wait. 

It’s been 7 weeks since our approval and no LDN number yet. Shock. 

We contacted the embassy through their web form, which they promptly responded to and advised we liaise with USCIS, which obviously isn’t the agency dealing with DCF. So we emailed them again, clearly stating we are processing through the DCF process etc, and surprisingly no response. 

Who knows when anyone will be able to get the process started again. Very depressing waiting for an email letting us know we can resume planning out our move. Everything is at such a halt, frustrating isn’t the word. 

With the holiday out of the way, let’s see whether they can start getting those numbers out. 

congrats to everyone who has received their approval letter!! 

2 hours ago, FA081 said:

It’s been 7 weeks since our approval and no LDN number yet. Shock. 

We contacted the embassy through their web form, which they promptly responded to and advised we liaise with USCIS, which obviously isn’t the agency dealing with DCF. So we emailed them again, clearly stating we are processing through the DCF process etc, and surprisingly no response. 

Who knows when anyone will be able to get the process started again. Very depressing waiting for an email letting us know we can resume planning out our move. Everything is at such a halt, frustrating isn’t the word. 

With the holiday out of the way, let’s see whether they can start getting those numbers out. 

congrats to everyone who has received their approval letter!! 

I, and no doubt a number of others, feel your pain. As you say, planning a move, giving Notice at jobs, marketing property etc all has to be arranged in such a way that ties in to a move date. As you say, very frustrating. 

Good luck🙂

Hey there! 

Newbie to the forum. Firstly, I am still without my LND number despite petition approval on March 16. Anyone yet managed to squeeze it out of them?

Also, my husband's UK visa is set to expire July 31 and because of our finances, we cant extend. Does anyone know if he left the country, whether they would still process his visa here? Thank you in advance. x

Edited by Cauldron

13 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Hey there! 

Newbie to the forum. Firstly, I am still without my LND number despite petition approval on March 16. Anyone yet managed to squeeze it out of them?

Also, my husband's UK visa is set to expire July 31 and because of our finances, we cant extend. Does anyone know if he left the country, whether they would still process his visa here? Thank you in advance. x

Hi, welcome!  There are quite a few of us waiting for our LND number.  Some, like you, from around the start of the lockdown, and the rest more recently.  As far as I know no one's heard anything yet from the embassy on that front.  I heard some people have had interviews at the London Embassy recently, so hopefully that's a good sign things are moving there.

2 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Hey there! 

Hello and welcome,

Just to double check - you are the UK citizen beneficiary and your husband is the US citizen petitioner right? Even if his visa expires and he has to return to the US at the end of the July, this won't affect processing of your spouse visa. The only time-point where the location of the petitioner matters is at the time you submit the I-130. Since your I-130 has already been approved, your husband is free to return to the US.

5 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Hey there! 

Welcome to the group of LND waiters! Your I-130 date is the same as mine and another in this post. We’ve not had ours yet either, so safety in numbers! 
As os306 has stated, you’re good and can continue the process after your husband has moved back now the I-130 is approved. 

14 hours ago, Morgan5698 said:

Welcome to the group of LND waiters! Your I-130 date is the same as mine and another in this post. We’ve not had ours yet either, so safety in numbers! 
As os306 has stated, you’re good and can continue the process after your husband has moved back now the I-130 is approved. 

Exactly as both the above stated. Once the I-130 is approved, the US citizen can move back over to the US while the rest of the process is being completed. 

1 hour ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

Exactly as both the above stated. Once the I-130 is approved, the US citizen can move back over to the US while the rest of the process is being completed. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is such a bloody relief! Ok, we will likely be separated but soooooo grateful my visa will still move through. 

42 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is such a bloody relief! Ok, we will likely be separated but soooooo grateful my visa will still move through. 

Yeah my wife left in early June. It's not nice to be separated so I just hope LND numbers and visa appointments start coming through soon!

5 minutes ago, Gaz1a said:

Yeah my wife left in early June. It's not nice to be separated so I just hope LND numbers and visa appointments start coming through soon!

Eurgh! I am sorry. We have had some long-distance stints and they SUCK. I am going to be moving back to my parents for ours too which is going to be interesting. Do you have any expectations around when you may be reunited? I know we don't have any info to base this on but I am just wondering how long of a separation others are setting themselves up for?

1 minute ago, Cauldron said:

Eurgh! I am sorry. We have had some long-distance stints and they SUCK. I am going to be moving back to my parents for ours too which is going to be interesting. Do you have any expectations around when you may be reunited? I know we don't have any info to base this on but I am just wondering how long of a separation others are setting themselves up for?

Yeah it's not nice. I think if we don't hear anything by mid-August - my wife who also has a UK passport - will be coming back here for a couple of weeks for a nice break somewhere in England. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.