The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

I don't think they are back in the office yet. Based on USCIS website it mentions June 4th as the earliest date. Now if they have already begun processing yours, it may get done before they reopen the office. Someone in a FB group I'm in just got her I-130 approval today from London. So just keep your fingers crossed. I'm in the boat of my application is stuck sitting in the mailroom at the moment.

Thanks for letting me know, glad someone somewhere is making progress.

I took a punt and emailed them, just asking if there was any update on my petition status (and the RFE that I posted them) and someone emailed me back almost straight away!

The reply says,

We have recently collected all of our mail since March 18, 2020 and are in the processing of going through the mail including the responses to our RFE’s.  We are hopeful that you will receive a response to your status by Tuesday, May 19, 2020.

So hopefully we'll start to see some movement by next week!!! 

Just now, The4Sands said:

Thanks for letting me know, glad someone somewhere is making progress.

I took a punt and emailed them, just asking if there was any update on my petition status (and the RFE that I posted them) and someone emailed me back almost straight away!

The reply says,

We have recently collected all of our mail since March 18, 2020 and are in the processing of going through the mail including the responses to our RFE’s.  We are hopeful that you will receive a response to your status by Tuesday, May 19, 2020.

So hopefully we'll start to see some movement by next week!!! 

You beat me to the punch. I also sent an email (after posting this) and got the same response. :) Fingers crossed!

This is great news for the last of us London DCF filers. In an earlier e-mail to me they indicated the following:

"We expect to adjudicate in the first instance all I-130s postmarked by March 31 before our permanent office closure on July 31. If, at the time of adjudication, we issue you a Request for Evidence (RFE), then the RFE will indicate the deadline and the office to which you submit your response if you are not able to submit it to our office before our closure."

It sounds like they are going to try and quickly get through as many pending petitions as they can before the field office closes. I was worried that this process was going to drag on until late this year, but it looks like they are under pressure to get petitions adjudicated before ASAP. 

3 hours ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

I don't think they are back in the office yet. Based on USCIS website it mentions June 4th as the earliest date. Now if they have already begun processing yours, it may get done before they reopen the office. Someone in a FB group I'm in just got her I-130 approval today from London. So just keep your fingers crossed. I'm in the boat of my application is stuck sitting in the mailroom at the moment.

Hey - that’s good news for all of us waiting? Do you know when that person (who received their approval)  submitted their I-130? Like what date? 

12 minutes ago, Gaz1a said:

Hey - that’s good news for all of us waiting? Do you know when that person (who received their approval)  submitted their I-130? Like what date? 

There are 2 that look to have been approved. Both submitted in Feb. 

3 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

There are 2 that look to have been approved. Both submitted in Feb. 

Ok, very exciting! You wouldn’t happen to know the dates in Feb those apps were filed? We got an email saying ours was 6 March. 

4 minutes ago, Gaz1a said:

Ok, very exciting! You wouldn’t happen to know the dates in Feb those apps were filed? We got an email saying ours was 6 March. 

Not sure, they just stated they sent it off in Feb. But at least it sounds like things are starting to move again. That's the good part.

3 hours ago, FA081 said:

Hey! I got an approval notice today! Thankfully! We sent our package in Feb, it was filed in March. 

Awesome, this makes us feel so much better. Do you know what date you got on your receipt? 

4 hours ago, FA081 said:

Hey! I got an approval notice today! Thankfully! We sent our package in Feb, it was filed in March. 

Congrats!

Gaz1a: what date did you send your package over to the US Embassy? Those of us who sent ours the week of the 16th of March have not yet received our notice of receipt, as the Embassy Mail room was closed during the lockdown.

Edited by os306

1 hour ago, os306 said:

Congrats!

Gaz1a: what date did you send your package over to the US Embassy? Those of us who sent ours the week of the 16th of March have not yet received our notice of receipt, as the Embassy Mail room was closed during the lockdown.

Mine was sent at the end of Feb and we got the receipt on 6 March. 

4 hours ago, Gaz1a said:

Awesome, this makes us feel so much better. Do you know what date you got on your receipt? 

The receipt date was March 3rd. So I don’t anticipate it’ll be much longer for the rest now :)

the approval letter says they’ll send the case number within the next 5 weeks. So I’m guessing the interview/medical part won’t be happening till August by the looks of it. 

Very pleased for both of you. Out of interest, what are you doing about obtaining tax transcripts (required evidence for the I-864)? Seems to be pretty much impossible right now, while IRS isn't manning their phone service...

9 hours ago, FA081 said:

The receipt date was March 3rd. So I don’t anticipate it’ll be much longer for the rest now :)

the approval letter says they’ll send the case number within the next 5 weeks. So I’m guessing the interview/medical part won’t be happening till August by the looks of it. 

That's really helpful information, as I was wondering: even if we did get notice our petition was approved, how long would it be before we actually got our LND number and could start moving thing along?  That gives me a vague time frame to work with in terms of making sure I have all my ducks in a row with all my supporting docs.

9 hours ago, os306 said:

Very pleased for both of you. Out of interest, what are you doing about obtaining tax transcripts (required evidence for the I-864)? Seems to be pretty much impossible right now, while IRS isn't manning their phone service...

Yeah, we're in the same boat as you. I can't see any way of getting transcripts if you live abroad right now  My taxes have been filed, but I can't see how I'm going to get a transcript.  In our case, I'm hoping that transcripts from our joint sponsor will be enough (as he does have his already, thank goodness my parents are so organised!) alongside my tax returns, but I will keep trying until the last minute to get a hold of them.  

Hey guys, just an update from our end. I just received my I-130 approval letter (NOA2) this morning - my petition was filed on 6 March. It does seem like things are back up and running so sending out good vibes to everyone in London waiting for their I-130s back. 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.