Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jass

I-485 Recipt.

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello. I'm trying to help a friend out and hopefully someone can give insight. My friend holds a green card and is living in the United states. The green card expired last sept, but he and his attorney have already filed to have it renewed. He has to renew his driver's license in or order for him to renew his car tag, and the tag expires at the end of this month. He has not recieved a receipt from filing for adjustment of status, and it has been almost 3 months. The attorney told him that there is nothing she can do to get a recipet, and he must wait. Does anyone know if this attorney is telling him the truth? My experience, I know that it took me and my ex husband 3 weeks to get a recipt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jass said:

My friend holds a green card and is living in the United states. The green card expired last sept, but he and his attorney have already filed to have it renewed. He has to renew his driver's license in or order for him to renew his car tag, and the tag expires at the end of this month. He has not recieved a receipt from filing for adjustment of status, and it has been almost 3 months

He would have already gone through the AOS if he's a green card holder....what he's filing is the i-90.

 

Did he get a delivery tracking number from the attorney that his application was actually delivered?  There was a case on here not too long ago where it turned out the attorney never actually sent in the paperwork to begin with.  


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jass said:

Hello. I'm trying to help a friend out and hopefully someone can give insight. My friend holds a green card and is living in the United states. The green card expired last sept, but he and his attorney have already filed to have it renewed. He has to renew his driver's license in or order for him to renew his car tag, and the tag expires at the end of this month. He has not recieved a receipt from filing for adjustment of status, and it has been almost 3 months. The attorney told him that there is nothing she can do to get a recipet, and he must wait. Does anyone know if this attorney is telling him the truth? My experience, I know that it took me and my ex husband 3 weeks to get a recipt. 

Is he filing for removal of conditions on a 2 yr card? Can't be adjustment of status if he's already a green card holder. 

Edited by Thegirl

Cateogory: CR1

  • NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 hours ago, Going through said:

He would have already gone through the AOS if he's a green card holder....what he's filing is the i-90.

 

Did he get a delivery tracking number from the attorney that his application was actually delivered?  There was a case on here not too long ago where it turned out the attorney never actually sent in the paperwork to begin with.  

So it's not AOS, I was wrong. His green card expired and he and his attorney submitted paperwork to renew it. He said that he was provided with a tracking number, and it was received November 12, 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jass said:

So it's not AOS, I was wrong. His green card expired and he and his attorney submitted paperwork to renew it. He said that he was provided with a tracking number, and it was received November 12, 2019. 

With the November and December holidays might have slowed things down a teensy bit...so just to clarify, is he filing the i-90 or the ROC at this point?

Only because it's a bit unusual to use an attorney when filing to "renew" the green card, since it's a rather straightforward application and paying the fee, which makes me think he's actually filing the i-751 (ROC)?


If it's the ROC that he filed, USCIS had posted an update on their website in mid-2018 where in part it was explained that processing times for the ROC had increased...might explain the slight delay in getting the receipt notice...presumably they have already cashed the check by now.

 

He always has the option of calling USCIS and inquiring with a L2 officer...perhaps it was already sent out and never actually delivered to him by the post office.

 


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Going through said:

With the November and December holidays might have slowed things down a teensy bit...so just to clarify, is he filing the i-90 or the ROC at this point?

Only because it's a bit unusual to use an attorney when filing to "renew" the green card, since it's a rather straightforward application and paying the fee, which makes me think he's actually filing the i-751 (ROC)?


If it's the ROC that he filed, USCIS had posted an update on their website in mid-2018 where in part it was explained that processing times for the ROC had increased...might explain the slight delay in getting the receipt notice...presumably they have already cashed the check by now.

 

He always has the option of calling USCIS and inquiring with a L2 officer...perhaps it was already sent out and never actually delivered to him by the post office.

 

I will ask him to clarify which one he filed. I just that he said his GC expired in September, but I going to get more clarification today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...