Booders

Medical report required for I-130 application

6 posts in this topic

Good morning, 

I am in the middle of waiting for my NO2 following successful submission of the I-130 via DCF to the London Filing office (I'm UKC and my wife is USC/UKC. Currently the USCIS London website is saying as of 10th January they are processing applications received 4th November. We submitted the I-130 application on the 20th November so therefore we are getting pretty close!

My question is, I have been advised  by other VJ members to get together a police report (currently requested from ACRO), and a medical report from my GP. My problem is that my GP doesn't seem to know what they need to provide. Therefore, am I asking them for my entire medical history? Or a time period of say 2 years? 5 years? Longer? 

If anybody could shed any light on this I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks!

The medical examination is for the post I-130 processing. You will need to go see a consular approved panel physician, a list of approved physicians can usually be found in the links and paperwork provided by the consulate once the DCF I-130 is forwarded to the immigrant visa Unit. You should get your vaccination records together now though, and if you suffer from any major medical issues you can also get information about your diagnosis from your current doctor to bring to the approved panel physician at time of medical examination.

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

8 minutes ago, SorrowL said:

The medical examination is for the post I-130 processing. You will need to go see a consular approved panel physician, a list of approved physicians can usually be found in the links and paperwork provided by the consulate once the DCF I-130 is forwarded to the immigrant visa Unit. You should get your vaccination records together now though, and if you suffer from any major medical issues you can also get information about your diagnosis from your current doctor to bring to the approved panel physician at time of medical examination.

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I understand that the medical can only take place after the I-130 is approved, and at a certified physician (there is only one in the UK). 

I am more asking what sort of information will I need from my doctor. Will they need every single trip to the doc that has happened in my entire life. Or simply just the more relevant information around existing issues / medication, etc? 

My doctor doesn't really seem to know what to provide and looking to me to tell them what I want. They have given me a form in order to release my medical history but it just gives the option to get an entire summary from date: A to date: B.

Thanks.

Just now, Booders said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I understand that the medical can only take place after the I-130 is approved, and at a certified physician (there is only one in the UK). 

I am more asking what sort of information will I need from my doctor. Will they need every single trip to the doc that has happened in my entire life. Or simply just the more relevant information around existing issues / medication, etc? 

My doctor doesn't really seem to know what to provide and looking to me to tell them what I want. They have given me a form in order to release my medical history but it just gives the option to get an entire summary from date: A to date: B.

Thanks.

Generally I think you only need to provide information regarding any serious medical issues you currently have or could have in the future if you have a reoccurring medical issue. Vaccination records are great to have if they are available, such as a “Carte Jaune” or yellow card /vaccination passport from the WHO.

I would personally request full medical records for the past 5 years to take with you to the United States, should you maybe need medical assistance in the US the records could be beneficial. But otherwise unless you have a major medical issue, I don’t think you need to bring any to your medical exam. It would be best to check the certified panel physicians website or call the Medical office and ask if they need any previous medical records for your US immigration visa medical examination. 

visa Issued

28 minutes ago, SorrowL said:

Generally I think you only need to provide information regarding any serious medical issues you currently have or could have in the future if you have a reoccurring medical issue. Vaccination records are great to have if they are available, such as a “Carte Jaune” or yellow card /vaccination passport from the WHO.

I would personally request full medical records for the past 5 years to take with you to the United States, should you maybe need medical assistance in the US the records could be beneficial. But otherwise unless you have a major medical issue, I don’t think you need to bring any to your medical exam. It would be best to check the certified panel physicians website or call the Medical office and ask if they need any previous medical records for your US immigration visa medical examination. 

Thanks so much for this. 

For info, and for anyone viewing this feed, I called 'Visa Medicals' in London who advised me I needed to provide the following:

• A summary of vaccinations received to date
  • Medication which is currently being prescribed
  • List of any allergies
  • 'Problem List' (assume this is ongoing or recent medical concerns) 

Thanks SorrowL! Roll on approval! 

Thanks,

Ben.

1 minute ago, Booders said:

Thanks so much for this. 

For info, and for anyone viewing this feed, I called 'Visa Medicals' in London who advised me I needed to provide the following:

• A summary of vaccinations received to date
  • Medication which is currently being prescribed
  • List of any allergies
  • 'Problem List' (assume this is ongoing or recent medical concerns) 

Thanks SorrowL! Roll on approval! 

Thanks,

Ben.

Thank you for sharing the information! Definitely helpful! 

good luck with your continued DCF and I-130.

visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.