Ussponsorpaki

Embassy requesting marriage certificate from previous marriage

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Nidz said:

For the safe side I sent wedding pictures through courier n upload too. U also can do this upload on ceac website too .. and submitted ll always submitted in pakistan ..there is no acceptances 

We clarified from them and they said they need original through courier that why we didn’t upload it online. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
15 hours ago, Nidz said:

Still no 

Ok, I wanted to ask if embassy updated status on ceac once they receive the requested documents.  We asked the courier service, they said package was at embassy on 23rd December.  On ceac, there is no update.  Would they change it?

Timeline
On 1/3/2020 at 7:22 PM, Ussponsorpaki said:

Ok, I wanted to ask if embassy updated status on ceac once they receive the requested documents.  We asked the courier service, they said package was at embassy on 23rd December.  On ceac, there is no update.  Would they change it?

Off course

Just now, Nidz said:

Off course

Once they received ur documents.. status date must be change

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nidz said:

Off course

Once they received ur documents.. status date must be change

Ok thank you.  This means they still didn't get to our documents

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/4/2020 at 5:51 PM, Nidz said:

U can call helpline 111234111 and ask abt ur documents 

Did you guys hear anything.   I emailed them and they replied to me that they received our documents dec23 and they are pending review.  Ceac website still says refused and the date updated when they emailed us

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ussponsorpaki said:

Did you guys hear anything.   I emailed them and they replied to me that they received our documents dec23 and they are pending review.  Ceac website still says refused and the date updated when they emailed us

It's a common reply to gv anyone .. and same thing the date updated when I sent inquiry 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Nidz said:

It's a common reply to gv anyone .. and same thing the date updated when I sent inquiry 

Yes, I'm sure that's their norm.

Timeline
On 12/19/2019 at 9:49 AM, Ussponsorpaki said:

Hi,

My husband had his interview at islamabad embassy and the immigration officer is asking him to submit my previous marriage certificate.   I do not have my previous marriage certificate but I have what is called nikah nama and the translation.   I also have 2 affidavits from the previous marriage.  Does anyone have any experience in this area.  I am going to submit what i currently have but I'm nervous because the paper doesn't actually say marriage certificate on it.   I'm not sure how strict they will be.   Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

What is the date of your interview?

This is your Husband's second marriage?

Could you share your interview?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, UltraHD said:

What is the date of your interview?

This is your Husband's second marriage?

Could you share your interview?

Dec 10, 2019.

My second marriage

At interview, he was asked who arranged our marriage and explain in detail.

Then asked about my previous marriage and why it ended and when it ended.

He was asked about our kid

He was asked how many times I visited him 

Then eventually he was asked that they need my previous marriage certificate, previous divorce certificate,  which he gave at the interview (original), more of our wedding pics and my passport copy to show entry/exit stamps

• 11 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ussponsorpaki said:

Dec 10, 2019.

My second marriage

At interview, he was asked who arranged our marriage and explain in detail.

Then asked about my previous marriage and why it ended and when it ended.

He was asked about our kid

He was asked how many times I visited him 

Then eventually he was asked that they need my previous marriage certificate, previous divorce certificate,  which he gave at the interview (original), more of our wedding pics and my passport copy to show entry/exit stamps

Do you have an actual divorce certificate, or just stamp paper/rupee paper?

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.