heysage

CFO - PDOS/PCS UNDER IR2 CATEGORY - AGES 16 -18

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! Thank you for all your help and we finally got our visas! We are told to attend to a seminar called PDOS or PCS (for us, minor immigrants) before we completely leave the country. Can I ask what are the requirements needed for minor immigrants? We've already registered an appointment online and had the requirements checked but the posts and videos we are seeing from those who have experienced it already was different from what was indicated in the CFO official website (they were all applying under the K1 or Fiancé visa category though). And what should we know before going? Thank you so much!! Your answers will be of great help☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, from Site Discussion - as the the question is country specific.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, heysage said:

Hello! Thank you for all your help and we finally got our visas! We are told to attend to a seminar called PDOS or PCS (for us, minor immigrants) before we completely leave the country. Can I ask what are the requirements needed for minor immigrants? We've already registered an appointment online and had the requirements checked but the posts and videos we are seeing from those who have experienced it already was different from what was indicated in the CFO official website (they were all applying under the K1 or Fiancé visa category though). And what should we know before going? Thank you so much!! Your answers will be of great help☺️

CFO-PDOS 16-19 must attend peer counseling.  Requirements are listed in part B in the 1st link.

All other immigrant visas must attend PDOS.  This included IR/CR-2 and K-2.

Must have Visa In Hand before scheduling the seminar or to register to get the sticker.

CFO-PDOS:  http://cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html 

Scheduling:  https://cfo.ph/pdos_reservation/

Adults:  Those 60 and above need only register to get the sticker.  

Derivatives:  C
hildren above 12 years of age must attend PDOS, those younger only need to be registered to get the sticker.  

Ages 13-19 will attend PDOS Peer Counseling.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
17 hours ago, Hank_ said:

CFO-PDOS 16-19 must attend peer counseling.  Requirements are listed in part B in the 1st link.

Must have Visa In Hand before scheduling the seminar or to register to get the sticker.

hildren above 12 years of age must attend PDOS, those younger only need to be registered to get the sticker.  

17 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Hello Mr. Hank, thank you for this. I have read a lot about the Immigrant Data Summary sheet that is supposedly inside the packet that was delivered together with the visa and passport. But unfortunately, me and my sister don't have it, just some papers with further instructions. Is it okay or do we need to call the Embassy for it? And is it needed for the CFO seminar that we will be attending? Also, if my mom and biological father is already annuled, do we need an affidavit of travel consent from him, notarized? How is it different from DSWD travel clearance? Thank you so much, we are very confused😅

Timeline
5 hours ago, heysage said:

Hello Mr. Hank, thank you for this. I have read a lot about the Immigrant Data Summary sheet that is supposedly inside the packet that was delivered together with the visa and passport. But unfortunately, me and my sister don't have it, just some papers with further instructions. Is it okay or do we need to call the Embassy for it? And is it needed for the CFO seminar that we will be attending? Also, if my mom and biological father is already annuled, do we need an affidavit of travel consent from him, notarized? How is it different from DSWD travel clearance? Thank you so much, we are very confused😅

Immigrant visas are switching over to digital data, there will not be a DO NOT OPEN envelope, and there will not be an Immigrant Data Sheet.    CFO is aware, they just need to update their website. 

Whether you need something from your father depends on what the annulment states - Does your father have any custodial rights?    Many times the mother is granted full custodial rights, may have to ask your mom to check the annulment documents.

If you are traveling without your parent(s) you will need the DSWD travel clearance completed.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Immigrant visas are switching over to digital data, there will not be a DO NOT OPEN envelope, and there will not be an Immigrant Data Sheet.    CFO is aware, they just need to update their website. 

Whether you need something from your father depends on what the annulment states - Does your father have any custodial rights?    Many times the mother is granted full custodial rights, may have to ask your mom to check the annulment documents.

If you are traveling without your parent(s) you will need the DSWD travel clearance completed.

Got it! Thanks for this, Mr. Hank!😀

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
7 hours ago, heysage said:

Hello Mr. Hank! Do we need a DSWD Travel Clearance if my petitioner is my stepdad ? But my mom is going to pick us up from the Philippines to US. Thanks

DSWD Travel Clearance is not needed if you are traveling with your mother.   Doesn't matter who petitioned you.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.