32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
That ending kind of pissed me off. It was nearing a great climax, then just stopped! I feel cheated.

Absolutely! We be cheated! I guess they want us to sit on our thumbs until they decide on what the continuation is going to be! :protest:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Worst. Ending. Ever. :angry:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Timeline

So after we all watched it together, my daughter was so crazed after the ending that she went online and to the discussion boards. She called me at midnight to say this,

Bobby had said to Tony many times that when you get whacked, it just goes black and you never see or hear it coming. We were seeing things thru Tony's eyes, the jukebox, his family eating onion rings, then BLACK. :(

Jackie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
So after we all watched it together, my daughter was so crazed after the ending that she went online and to the discussion boards. She called me at midnight to say this,

Bobby had said to Tony many times that when you get whacked, it just goes black and you never see or hear it coming. We were seeing things thru Tony's eyes, the jukebox, his family eating onion rings, then BLACK. :(

Jackie

Mr. Bruce and I went on HBO afterwards also, and he concurs with your daughter. I am so disgusted I cannot even comment. My face looks like Paulie's when he saw the cat. :angry: I think my face is going to stay like this until Curb Your Enthusiam starts up again. The best part of the show was when Phil got it-and I liked Phil !!! The ending was TERRIBLE. What a let down. Horrible, in fact. David Chase needs to be smacked with a giant cappicolo. Peh !

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Timeline

It's Hollywood! Characters come back to life any one at any time. Nobody ever dies ;)

My question. Excuse me, if I somehow missed it. Who gave the order on this hit since Phil got his melon smashed? :unsure:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Jackie

For those of us who didn't remember that bit of dialogue, it was a very confusing ending. I think even knowing that now, the ending still sucked. At least let us see the 'whacker' walking up behind Tony or something.

Felt like a waste of an hour to me.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

The ending pissed me off. I dont have closure!! :lol: how can i when there was nothing shown to CLOSE!!! :angry:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
It's Hollywood! Characters come back to life any one at any time. Nobody ever dies ;)

My question. Excuse me, if I somehow missed it. Who gave the order on this hit since Phil got his melon smashed? :unsure:

Maybe Carmine Luppratazzi? Doubt it was Butchie the little worm...

Still, IT SUCKED !!!!! LOL

-Yeats

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Reading these comments reminds me a little of the furore over the last episode of The Prisoner (which holds the title of weirdest ending ever) - fans were so enraged that Patrick McGoohan had to go into hiding after fans besieged his home.

Timeline
Reading these comments reminds me a little of the furore over the last episode of The Prisoner (which holds the title of weirdest ending ever) - fans were so enraged that Patrick McGoohan had to go into hiding after fans besieged his home.

I think you just gave us an idea! :idea:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline

Maybe Carmine Luppratazzi? Doubt it was Butchie the little worm...

Still, IT SUCKED !!!!! LOL

That cat had a lot of airtime for some odd reason. :blink:

I would be willing to bet that it turns out to be a "Son of Sam" thing. Where the cat told Paulie to make it so...and that's that! ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

terrible ending..that and seinfeld

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

terrible ending..that and seinfeld

Yep. It actually made Seinfeld look fairly good !

David Chase needs a beatin' with a giant cappicolo (gabbagool) !

And, Joemama-I think that the cat was Adrianna reincarnated. ;)

-Yeats

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

No easy ending for HBO's `The Sopranos'

By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer

Today at 8:59 am

Tony Soprano carries on.

The much-awaited conclusion of HBO's "The Sopranos" arrived Sunday night in a frenzy of audience speculation. Would New Jersey mob boss Soprano live or be killed? Would his family die before his eyes? Would he go to jail? Be forced to enter witness protection? Would Brooklyn boss Phil Leotardo, who had ordered a hit on Tony, prevail?

In the end, the only ending that mattered was the one masterminded by "Sopranos" creator David Chase. And playing against viewer expectations, as always, Chase refused to stage a mass extermination, put the characters through any changes, or provide his viewers with comfortable closure. Or catharsis. After all, he declined to pass moral judgment on Tony -- he reminded viewers all season what a thug Tony is, then gave him a pass.

But Chase was true to himself, and that's what made "The Sopranos" brilliant on Sunday night, and the 85 episodes that went before. The product of an artist with a bleak but illuminating vision, "The Sopranos" has always existed on its own terms. And it was seldom tidy.

The only neat development in the finale was that Leotardo was crushed. Otherwise it was perversely non-earthshaking -- just one last visit with the characters we have followed so devoutly since 1999.

Here was the funeral for Bobby Bacala, Tony's soldier and brother-in-law, who was shot dead on Leotardo's orders last week. Here was Tony (series star James Gandolfini) paying a hospital visit to his gravely injured consigliere, Silvio Dante, also targeted by Leotardo.

Tony's ne'er-do-well son A.J. (Robert Iler) continued to wail about the misery in the world, and voiced a fleeting urge to join the Army and go fight in Afghanistan (Tony persuaded him to get involved in filmmaking, instead). Daughter Meadow (Jamie-Lynn Sigler) harped on her plans to be a lawyer.

Tony visits his senile Uncle Junior (Dominic Chianese) at the nursing home. "You and my dad, you two ran North Jersey," Tony prompts him.

"We did?" said Uncle Junior with no sign of recognition. "That's nice."

Despite suspicions to the contrary, neither Paulie Walnuts nor Patsy Parisi sold out Tony. And neither was whacked. Dr. Melfi, who kicked Tony out of therapy last week, made no last-minute appearance.

Sure, headaches lie ahead for Tony. The Feds are still after him. And Meadow's fiance, Patsy Jr., is a lawyer who may well be pursuing cases that intrude on Tony's business interests.

So what else is new?

The finale displayed the characters continuing, for better and worse, unaffected by the fact that the series is done. The implication was, they will go on as usual. We just won't be able to watch.

Of course, Leotardo (Frank Vincent) hit a dead end after Tony located him with the help of his favorite federal agent. The execution was a quick but classic "Sopranos" scene: Pulling up at a gas station with his wife, Leotardo made a grand show of telling his two young grandchildren in the back seat to "wave bye-bye" as he emerged from his SUV. The next moment he was on the pavement, shot in the head.

Then you heard the car roll over his head. Carunnnchh! Quick, clinical, even comical, this was the only violence during the hour.

Not that Chase (who wrote and directed this episode) didn't tease viewers with the threat of death in almost every scene.

This was never more true than in the final sequence. On the surface, it was nothing more momentous than Tony, his wife, Carmela (Edie Falco), Meadow and A.J. meeting for dinner at a cozy family restaurant.

When he arrived, Tony dropped a coin in the jukebox and played the classic Journey power ballad "Don't Stop Believing." Meanwhile, every moment seemed to foreshadow disaster: Suspicious-looking people coming in the door or seated at a table nearby. Meadow on the street having trouble parallel parking her car, the tires squealing against the curb. With every passing second, the audience was primed for tragedy. It was a scene both warm and fuzzy yet full of dread, setting every viewer's heart racing for no clear reason.

But nothing would happen. It was just a family gathering for dinner at a restaurant.

Then, with a jingle of the bell on the front door, Tony looked up, apparently seeing Meadow make her delayed entrance. Or could he have seen something awful -- something he certainly deserved -- about to come down?

Probably not. Almost certainly a false alarm. But we'll never know. With that, "The Sopranos" cut to black, leaving us enriched after eight years. And flustered. And fated to always wonder what happened next.

Copyright © 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

source: http://tv.yahoo.com/the-sopranos/show/218/...tv_sopranos__ER

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!