makhan27

DS-5535 Form

22 posts in this topic

Hi,

I had my interview last week that was refused due to further administrative processing - they were just waiting on my medical.

However on monday i received an email to fill out the ds 5535 form - i had included details of my son that was born 2 months ago yet i never mentioned at last when i filed for IR1.

I have checked my online status and it says visa issued - so my question is that can the ds5535 change the outcome of a visa?

Dont want to get too happy too soon.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/29/2019 at 8:56 AM, makhan27 said:

Hi,

I had my interview last week that was refused due to further administrative processing - they were just waiting on my medical.

However on monday i received an email to fill out the ds 5535 form - i had included details of my son that was born 2 months ago yet i never mentioned at last when i filed for IR1.

I have checked my online status and it says visa issued - so my question is that can the ds5535 change the outcome of a visa?

Dont want to get too happy too soon.

Question.   Did your son get added as a derivative to receive a visa also?   (which may be why they requested the DS-5535)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Question.   Did your son get added as a derivative to receive a visa also?   (which may be why they requested the DS-5535)

no as i only mentioned it in the form - they did not ask at the interview. my status has changed from issued to administrative processing.

Timeline
4 hours ago, makhan27 said:

no as i only mentioned it in the form - they did not ask at the interview. my status has changed from issued to administrative processing.

With the addition of the child they will most likely hold your visa while they process your son's visa.   Just a little more patience.  ;)  

Being able to add a derivative such as your son is a perk of the FB visa (and FA) .. a 2nd petition is not necessary.  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

13 hours ago, Hank_ said:

With the addition of the child they will most likely hold your visa while they process your son's visa.   Just a little more patience.  ;)  

Being able to add a derivative such as your son is a perk of the FB visa (and FA) .. a 2nd petition is not necessary.  :thumbs:  

Surely my son qualifies for a US passport through my US wife.

didnt think it would of been an issue.

Timeline
1 minute ago, makhan27 said:

Ah ... yes.   Child is in the USA.      Never mind the reference to derivative.   I was thinking you were the wife ... my :oops:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, makhan27 said:

Thought that occured to me was your support evidence, embassy might ask for a new I-864 as there is one more dependent now.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Ah ... yes.   Child is in the USA.      Never mind the reference to derivative.   I was thinking you were the wife ... my :oops:  

wasnt clear on my previous message - he was born in the UK but we will need to apply for a US passport. Thought once we move then would be the best time to apply for one.

16 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Thought that occured to me was your support evidence, embassy might ask for a new I-864 as there is one more dependent now.

would this delay my application as administrative processing can take weeks as stated.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, makhan27 said:

wasnt clear on my previous message - he was born in the UK but we will need to apply for a US passport. Thought once we move then would be the best time to apply for one.

would this delay my application as administrative processing can take weeks as stated.

Did you complete CRBA ?   Need that completed before passport application     <<  embassy may ask to see the CRBA document

Child needs passport to travel.  ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Timeline

The existence of the child would not have triggered the DS-5535 -- although its better to document him as soon as possible.  Is there something else that maybe was dIscussed during your interview that wasn't on any of your forms-- i.e., travel not mentioned before or something in your education/employment history?  If so, they won't issue the visa until they review whatever issue/information that they determined was the basis for requesting you complete the form.

21 hours ago, jan22 said:

The existence of the child would not have triggered the DS-5535 -- although its better to document him as soon as possible.  Is there something else that maybe was dIscussed during your interview that wasn't on any of your forms-- i.e., travel not mentioned before or something in your education/employment history?  If so, they won't issue the visa until they review whatever issue/information that they determined was the basis for requesting you complete the form.

nothing much - just asked about how i met my wife and how long we have been together. i did mention about visiting the UK for the holidays and if there were any restrictions.

its almost been 3 weeks and i have still not heard anything - any idea where this could go?

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, makhan27 said:

nothing much - just asked about how i met my wife and how long we have been together. i did mention about visiting the UK for the holidays and if there were any restrictions.

its almost been 3 weeks and i have still not heard anything - any idea where this could go?

Unfortunately, no real way to predict.  It might be a required review of your profession or field of study.  Might be something from the interview or application that they're taking another look at.  Hopefully, whatever it is will be done soon.

Yeah fingers crossed - its been 3 weeks since I had my interview and I am still waiting. God forbid but is there any way I would be able to tell if it is accepted or denied before receiving my passport back?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.