billding

How to choose session CFO?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, billding said:

Do they assign the time slot (am/pm)? We're trying to schedule cfo next week but we're only able to select the date not the session.

CFO assigns the time.

1. Answer preliminary questions to verify if you need to attend the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP).
  2. If eligible for the GCP
    • Indicate your e-mail address
    • Click on the link sent to your e-mail
    • Choose your preferred date of appointment   <<<  only get to select the date.
    • Provide personal information of yourself and of your fiancé(e)/spouse/partner
  3. Print barcoded confirmation form or save a digital copy (PDF format) in your mobile phone or tablet.
  4. Take note of your date of appointment. Go to CFO-Manila or CFO-Cebu on the confirmed date at least an hour and a half before appointment and bring the complete set of required documents.

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

CFO assigns the time.

1. Answer preliminary questions to verify if you need to attend the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP).
  2. If eligible for the GCP
    • Indicate your e-mail address
    • Click on the link sent to your e-mail
    • Choose your preferred date of appointment   <<<  only get to select the date.
    • Provide personal information of yourself and of your fiancé(e)/spouse/partner
  3. Print barcoded confirmation form or save a digital copy (PDF format) in your mobile phone or tablet.
  4. Take note of your date of appointment. Go to CFO-Manila or CFO-Cebu on the confirmed date at least an hour and a half before appointment and bring the complete set of required documents.

Thanks, when do they assign the time? In the confirmation email? On the day itself?

We're hoping to do an afternoon session.

Edited by billding

Timeline
24 minutes ago, billding said:

Thanks, when do they assign the time? In the confirmation email? On the day itself?

We're hoping to do an afternoon session.

Confirmation email.     

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, billding said:

Do we get the confirmation email right away? (Within the day)

It kinda sucks that we can't choose, she lives far from the location and would have to travel a few hours. 

^^ This IS the Philippines ya know!!  :lol:     

I don't know how fast CFO responds with the confirmation email.   Appreciate if you update us on that.  ;)   (then we will know)

There are 4 locations, not sure where your fiancee lives.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

^^ This IS the Philippines ya know!!  :lol:     

I don't know how fast CFO responds with the confirmation email.   Appreciate if you update us on that.  ;)   (then we will know)

There are 4 locations, not sure where your fiancee lives.

Will update, thanks.

She lives in Batangas so traveling to Manila is around 3 hours, with the traffic maybe 5

Which is why we wanted an afternoon session. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, billding said:

Will update, thanks.

She lives in Batangas so traveling to Manila is around 3 hours, with the traffic maybe 5

Which is why we wanted an afternoon session. 

I hear ya on the drive up, it is pretty smooth sailing until you get toward Sucat, then everything is snail paced.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our interview is January 7 2020 and we allowed for a week to schedule the CFO.  She has coordinated with the Manila office to see what must be done in the event her passport has not been returned from  Embassy.

Traffic and slow mail in the Philippines really makes coordinating the return trip to America together a difficult task.  Best of luck to you, almost done with this difficult process.

Timeline
2 hours ago, PWB said:

Our interview is January 7 2020 and we allowed for a week to schedule the CFO.  She has coordinated with the Manila office to see what must be done in the event her passport has not been returned from  Embassy.

Traffic and slow mail in the Philippines really makes coordinating the return trip to America together a difficult task.  Best of luck to you, almost done with this difficult process.

You do NOT need your passport with visa to complete CFO-GCP, you can complete CFO-GCP anytime before or after the embassy interview.   In fact, I highly suggest to complete CFO-GCP before the interview, even if you have to return later after having the visa in the passport to get the sticker

Guide to the visa process for Manila; https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

You do NOT need your passport with visa to complete CFO-GCP, you can complete CFO-GCP anytime before or after the embassy interview.   In fact, I highly suggest to complete CFO-GCP before the interview, even if you have to return later after having the visa in the passport to get the sticker

Guide to the visa process for Manila; https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank, thanks to your input (and many others here), we've definitely decided to do our CFO well in advance of the interview.  With our situation, pretty much everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.  So, we don't want to tempt fate by just assuming we can smoothly knock out the CFO during interview week.

As always, thanks for all the help you provide to this community!

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Timeline
On 11/23/2019 at 10:02 AM, Hank_ said:

Is it just the Filipino fiancée that attends the CFO counseling session? Since I will be there in a few weeks, can the foreign fiancé join the session as well?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jfresh26 said:

Is it just the Filipino fiancée that attends the CFO counseling session? Since I will be there in a few weeks, can the foreign fiancé join the session as well?

I don’t think that’s allowed... they want to talk about you 😊. You wouldn’t want to anyway... very boring 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jfresh26 said:

Nope the foreigner can not attend  .. you can sit outside but they won't allow you inside.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.