Nicolaszz

Request For Expedite

10 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I'm asking because I'm not sure where to refer to in order to expedite an interview, and to see if it is realistic for my case to get expedited, and what documents I am expected to send:

NVC unfortunately made some mistakes on my case which led to it being delayed around a month. So it was a clear mistake from the NVC that led to us waiting longer than usual (Not blaming them, I know they're doing their jobs to the best of their abilities). I sent an alternative document but it was declined, until I had to go back and forth calling NVC and searching for other documents around the country that I might possibly send instead, until my case was administered to a supervisor who later noticed the mistake and accepted the original alternative document.

My country, Lebanon, is on the verge of a financial collapse and possibly a civil war (I hope not). We are possibly only a few days away from banks announcing bankruptcy, if the situation continues the way it is right now

My brother passed the age of 21, studying in Massachusetts for a PhD (Student visa), and I fear that along with a financial collapse, he must start working too, but if his CSPA age turns out be higher than 21, then we are truly in a pickle financially. He must come back for the interview, but one thing i'm scared of is that due to security reasons this will be hard :/, and that's why i'd rather if he comes early, does the interview, and we all leave.

In addition, I've got good 90th percentile SAT scores and I need to apply to a mediocore US university with financial aid before it's too late 😕

My documents were accepted just over a month ago, and i'm currently waiting for an interview appointment. Who should I call? Or should I mail? What documents am I expected to send?

Edited by Nicolaszz

Filed: Other Timeline
33 minutes ago, Nicolaszz said:

My documents were accepted just over a month ago, and i'm currently waiting for an interview appointment. Who should I call? Or should I mail? What documents am I expected to send?

I don't know if they will expedite it, but it's worth a shot to email the embassy and request it. They won't take phone calls however they usually respond to emails at BeirutIV@state.gov.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
Just now, celie&joseph said:

I don't know if they will expedite it, but it's worth a shot to email the embassy and request it. They won't take phone calls however they usually respond to emails at BeirutIV@state.gov.

I did find an email NVCExpedite@state.gov specifically for expedite cases. I'm not sure whether i should talk to the embassy though, or that. I'm going to email NVCExpedite@state.gov and hope for the best.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Nicolaszz said:

I did find an email NVCExpedite@state.gov specifically for expedite cases. I'm not sure whether i should talk to the embassy though, or that. I'm going to email NVCExpedite@state.gov and hope for the best.

I guess emailing both would be the best bet. Yes, NVC is the one that schedules and probably the one you have to talk to, but I think it also depends on the availability of the embassy. There's people that have waited months for an interview for F type visas, so maybe if they are both aware of the situation something can be done. Just my two cents. Good luck!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No timeline and I am trying to work out what is happening, you have been sponsored by a sibling and the PD is current? Subject to CSPA then the PD is all that matters and your Brother being in status can adjust status.

Extended AP would be normal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

To be more specific, my mom is sponsored by her sibling, and i'm a beneficiary derivative. PD is current, and I am 60% sure that my brother is subject to CSPA. Adjusting status would take another year or two, but that isn't suitable because my brother needs to start work soon alongside his studies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OK so there are 3 of you and your Uncle/Aunt is sponsoring.

There is the basis for an expedite on the basis of USCIS failure but a month is a small blip in the process, but no harm trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

OK so there are 3 of you and your Uncle/Aunt is sponsoring.

There is the basis for an expedite on the basis of USCIS failure but a month is a small blip in the process, but no harm trying.

That's the string of hope I'm hanging on. Pray for me. 

It sucks not being able to sleep at night scared for tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

No harm trying. Back in 2014 Lebanon was experiencing terror attacks, my wife in the US had medical condition (both documented) and my expedition requests at USCIS and NVC were both denied. 

I don't believe the US now see the situation in Lebanon as hostile or dangerous. The embassy in Lebanon made a statement the other day that they support the people demonstrations and all... If there was a danger, they would declare some state of emergency and notify US citizens about it.

But as I said, no harm, give it a shot. Good luck.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Timeline

Well IDK if it has any relation with the email I sent, but I got my visa interview date early morning yesterday, and I am still on an adrenaline rush since then!!

The date is December 31

Edited by Nicolaszz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.