7-30-07 - Marriage

AOS Timeline

8-31-07 - Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox

9-03-07 - Chicago Received

9-19-07 - NOA's (I-485, EAD, and I-131)

10-15-07 - RFE for birth certificate

10-16-07 - Biometrics Appointment

10-19-07 - Sent Additional Info. for RFE

12-03-07 - Touched (Received Additional Info.)

12-10-07 - Ordered Production of EAD

12-10-07 - Advanced Parole shows up online

12-12-07 - Touched Advanced Parole

12-13-07 - Touched EAD

12-17-07 - Received Advanced Parole in the mail

12-19-07 - Approval of EAD noticed sent

12-20-07 - Received EAD in the mail

12-27-07 - I-485 transfered to CSC

01-02-08 - Received transfer notice in the mail

01-10-08 - Touched Case Pending at CSC

01-11-08 - Touched I-485

01-13-08 - Touched I-485

03-03-08 - RFE for I-864

04-17-08 - Approval of I-485

04-21-08 - Received Welcome Notice in the mail

04-21-08 - Received Green Card in the mail

02-16-10 - File Removal Of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Teddy hates cats, but loves dogs. Which is cool because I'm allergic to cats and I have a dog. He never explained why he hated cats. But one thing I noticed in Ethiopia. In some of the places I ate that were outdoors, there were a lot of cats around. The boldest thing they ever did was rub up against my legs under the table and meow hoping to get food. But to a point they were an outside nuisance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I think the whole issue of pets is different in Africa. Most people I met in Cameroon, never had pets, in fact, they would try and get rid of cats. If they had a dog, it had a job, to guard the compound. I don't think he likes or dislikes cats.. he is just not used to the way americans, or europeans pamper animals so much. I have two cats, and they will probably stay with my parents when we get married :) if we had a pet, it would probably be a dog, but i think that will be a ways down the road.

04/16/2007 - I-129F Mailed to TSC

04/24/2007 - Official NOA1 Date

08/10/2007 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/17/2007 - INTERVIEW (PUT IN AP)

02/18/2008 - VISA ARRIVED IN MAIL!!

02/28/2008 - Arrives in the U.S.A!!!

03/15/2008 - Wedding Day!!

04/10/2008 - AOS Package Mailed (almost 1 year to the date later)

04/11/2008 - Received in Chicago

04/17/2008 - Check cashed

04/19/2008 - 3 NOAs received!

05/09/2008 - Biometrics Appt in SATX

05/14/2008 - Case transfered to CSC

06/11/2008 - EAD & AP Approved CRIS email

06/17/2008 - AP received in mail

06/21/2008 - EAD received in mail

01/21/2009 - FINALLY AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

I am laughing! I guess Nigerians hate cats. My hubby won't go near a cat. They are filled with the devil :devil::devil:

:lol::lol::lol: I have nothing against cat's , but just prefer dogs. I warned my husband that we had a dog a chocolate lab, I would say " honey will you be okay with the dog. He would simply say he has never kept with them. He likes the dog!!! So, I would have to say that he does not like cats, but prefers dogs.

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

In Ghana many people I knew thought there was something witchy about cats, but they sure sold well as kebabs!

It's funny, in O's family's compound in the village there were chickens and goats literally sleeping next to us and walking all around the cooking pots, but O thinks it's totally nasty to have cats or dogs living in a house. Ah, the fun differences. I'm still working on him about a cat...telling him about studies that show people live longer with pets and all....

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

This is the cutest thing I've ever read. My husband from Ethiopia LOVES cats. He even wants to invite strays into our house. But when it comes to dogs he doesn't really feel as strongly as I do for them. I think dogs are the cutest. But no, my husband wants the dogs to just stay outside.

S

sorry i dont have a african husband but my arab loves cats...its just the cat hates him.

he started out hating dogs but since he let me get one for our second anniversay he cant help but to love the one i got. mr. heard heart kept saying...keep that thing away from me. i dont want anything to do with it. then one day he looked at her and said...i dont know what u have done, but u make me love u. after that he started sleeping on the couch with her all the time and i lost my bed partner to a dog.

hopefully ur husband will feel the same some day.

really isnt it funny how animals just know when someone dont like them and they torment the heck out of them.

6/2004 - Met Ethiopia (I was there on business). Spent two days together.

2004 - 05 - Fell in love

8/05 - Visited Ethiopia

9/05 - GOT MARRIED!!!

I-130

12/21/05 - Mailed I-130

12/27/05 - Rcv'd NOA1

I-129F (K-3)

01/22/06 - Mailed in I-129F

1/29/06 - I-129F Rcvd

02/02/05 - Recvd NOA1

3/24/06 - K-3 application approved - mailed to NVC

3/29/06 - Recvd I-797 NOA 2 via mail (less than 60 days)

4/06 - Recv'd letter from NVC

4/06 - Found out that there was a mixup at the Embassy - Somehow they didn't have his mailing address

5/2/06 - Husband meets with officials at Ethiopian Embassy - Recv'd Packet 4 (instructions for visa)

5/12/06 - Send affidavit of support, evidence of relationship via DHL to Sultan in Addis

5/16/06 - DHL arrives in Addis

5/18/06 - US Embassy told him he would get a same day interview when he submits his visa app (w/medical, police, affidavit of support, and proof of relationship)

5/23/06 - Submits his visa application. ITS APPROVED!!!!!!

5/24/06 - Picks up his passport and visa envelope.

6/26/06 - Arrives in the US!!!!

EAD

7/22/06 - Mailed EAD form

8/24/06 - NOA arrives in the mail

9/7/06 - Biometrics Appointment

10/03/06 - Work Authorization Card Arrives!!!

10/4/06 - Applied for SSN

10/17/06 - SSN Arrives in the Mail!!

11/21/06 - First Day at Work.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am a Nigerian. Generally people over in Nigeria regrads cats as evil. Apart from dogs, I dont think we love any other pets. Cats are also used to portray evil, bad things.

My husband HATES cats. He is appalled that they live in the house with me, he is even more appalled that the baby plays with the cat. He thinks they are demonic creatures lol. I love my cat no matter what he says. He'll learn to love her too!

• 5 months later...
Timeline

I'm just now reading this post, my husband from Nigeria is not here yet. When I was in nigeria last April 2006 I asked him why i didn't see any cats and only one dog around. I saw plenty of goats and chickens. He told me that witch doctors use cats for witch craft in africa and that is why you don't see any. My husband is a christian and dosen't believe in these practices. But that is what I was told about the cats. I don't know a lot of black people here in america that have cats. I love animals I'm a dog lover, but I myself have never had a cat, and don't particularly wants one because of the shedding and I sneeze horribly around cats my son's eyes swell completely shut when he goes near cats. I hope that helps with the question... ^_^

glitter_maker_12_29_2007_19_54_14_86186.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I'm just now reading this post, my husband from Nigeria is not here yet. When I was in nigeria last April 2006 I asked him why i didn't see any cats and only one dog around. I saw plenty of goats and chickens. He told me that witch doctors use cats for witch craft in africa and that is why you don't see any. My husband is a christian and dosen't believe in these practices. But that is what I was told about the cats. I don't know a lot of black people here in america that have cats. I love animals I'm a dog lover, but I myself have never had a cat, and don't particularly wants one because of the shedding and I sneeze horribly around cats my son's eyes swell completely shut when he goes near cats. I hope that helps with the question... ^_^

I have a cat. Bassi is leaving a dog behind in Ghana. He's sort of sad about it already. Bassi will make friends with my cat. He's spoken to him on the phone (a bit against his will of course). He and my daughter are rallying for a dog when he gets here. But he doesn't realize that he'll have to walk the dog in the snow and also we have pooper scooper laws that don't exist in Ghana. I don't want to get stuck taking care of a dog. I saw cats in Ghana. And I visited one woman who had lots of cats in her compound. Bassi said people like to have them around to keep rodents at bay. No mention of witchcraft or anything like that. But he's pretty religious and doesn't easily buy into those types of things.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Out of sheer curiosity (no pun intended) how many African Husbands\SOs...ok now that I think about it wives too, :blush: HATE CATS?

My husband can't stand cats, I find some sort of humor in it :devil: and so does... my sons cat!!

I swear the cat torments the man... :lol:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooo entertained that you started this topic!!!! :lol:

My fiance DESPISES CATS. He says he is SCARED TO DEATH OF THEM!!! :lol:

He told me it is because in Africa, cats are often times used for VOODOO rituals and things, so he thinks of them I guess as some kinds of evil agents of Satan or something!!! :lol:

omg.... funny... but I do hope he gets over this fear because I actually have a cat and I love them!! :devil: haha...

~Steph

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

Timeline

When we were in Nigeria we went to a place to have some drinks. There was about 5-8 cats around a dumpster. They were so skinny it made me sad. We have an all black cat. My husband said he willnto mind it.

Then a few days later my son, driver, and I was waiting for my husband to return.He took a motor bike so he could get around traffic quicker. we were near the security gate. I saw a skinny sad looking dog. We tried to call him over, but because the dogs are not treated as ours are they do not answer to the same calls. I was trying to feed him a biscuit that a friend had given my son. So i asked a group of shady looking guys to give it to the dog. He said OK. I put it through the gate. He cut it in half. passed the other half to another guy and they started eating it. my mouth probably dropped to my chest. LOL

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
When we were in Nigeria we went to a place to have some drinks. There was about 5-8 cats around a dumpster. They were so skinny it made me sad. We have an all black cat. My husband said he willnto mind it.

Then a few days later my son, driver, and I was waiting for my husband to return.He took a motor bike so he could get around traffic quicker. we were near the security gate. I saw a skinny sad looking dog. We tried to call him over, but because the dogs are not treated as ours are they do not answer to the same calls. I was trying to feed him a biscuit that a friend had given my son. So i asked a group of shady looking guys to give it to the dog. He said OK. I put it through the gate. He cut it in half. passed the other half to another guy and they started eating it. my mouth probably dropped to my chest. LOL

Well remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man? (I cant remember that guys name).

I just got a kitten yesterday, much to the dismay of my husband. The cat food at the supermarket thing had me hysterical!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.