Nidz

Administrative SICK Processing

198 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/12/2020 at 12:50 PM, K.Syed88 said:

Hi Everybody!

My wife had her interview on Oct 18th 2019. That was her interview but I flew from United States to join her interview.

Everything was good on interview, Officer did not ask many questions from wife but did question from me about my previous marriage. But everything went well on interview. The only thing we didn't have with us was our "Urdu Nikkah Nama"  but we had Nadra's registered marriage certificate along with us.

I told the officer it is same as "Urdu Nikkah Nama" matter of fact the "Nadra's marriage certificate" is made out from "Urdu Nikkah Nama" and it is same to same information on both. But officer mentioned the original signatures are on the one is in Urdu so that is also important along with Nadra's.

I was 100% positive that Visa would be issued right there by seeing the body language and behavior of the officer, but officer said in the end Embassy can't make the decision till they don't receive "Urdu Nikkah Nama" and handed me the the same white paper stating to mail "Nikkah Nama" ,which I mailed out two days later, and on 25th October case was updated and thats it after that no updates or anything.

I email embassy and put an inquiry but no response from them.

Its almost going to be 3 months now still no update or reply.

I'm really frustrated by  Embassy's slow process. Citizens should not be suffering from this long and unnecessary process, matter of fact no one should.

You’re right. I’ve been in same situation. My interview was on 23th oct 2019. They asked me to upload domicile of my husband which i did cuz at that moment my husband was with me for the interview. Since then im waiting. And just waiting. There’s no one we can call to ask them abt how long would it take to complete the administrative process. I emailed them On 6th jan20  and they replied that they have received the documents and are in pending review. Since then I’ve recieved 4 status updates dates changes and nothing else. My husband is in U.s and im living here alone. Its very hard to live without your loved ones but no one is there who would understand the pain we pakistanis are going thru . 

Timeline
Just now, Neemo said:

You’re right. I’ve been in same situation. My interview was on 23th oct 2019. They asked me to upload domicile of my husband which i did cuz at that moment my husband was with me for the interview. Since then im waiting. And just waiting. There’s no one we can call to ask them abt how long would it take to complete the administrative process. I emailed them On 6th jan20  and they replied that they have received the documents and are in pending review. Since then I’ve recieved 4 status updates dates changes and nothing else. My husband is in U.s and im living here alone. Its very hard to live without your loved ones but no one is there who would understand the pain we pakistanis are going thru . 

Let me know if you recieve any updates. Since we are of the same months maybe our turn for the review will come together 

16 hours ago, Neemo said:

Let me know if you recieve any updates. Since we are of the same months maybe our turn for the review will come together 

Sure, I would post updates on my case. So far I have only two updates, First one was when I submitted requested docs, October 25th, and second one was 12th December. Nothing after that. I guess Embassy staff went for a long sleep and we all have to wait till they get up and start working again...lol

Good luck to you!

Timeline
7 hours ago, K.Syed88 said:

Sure, I would post updates on my case. So far I have only two updates, First one was when I submitted requested docs, October 25th, and second one was 12th December. Nothing after that. I guess Embassy staff went for a long sleep and we all have to wait till they get up and start working again...lol

Good luck to you!

Exactly my first update was on 11th dec. rest of the updates was because i sent them inquiry. 
Good luck to you as well !

Timeline
10 hours ago, Nidz said:

Valid for 6 months.  

Medical is required for your interview. If you’re done with your interview then you dont need your medical any more untill unless they had an issue in ur medical or they didn’t take your medical during your interview. In my case my hospital directly sent them my medical reports and didn’t give me anything except that sealed parcel which is required for the entry in US at the american airport. And that parcel doesn’t have any expiry date. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Neemo said:

Medical is required for your interview. If you’re done with your interview then you dont need your medical any more untill unless they had an issue in ur medical or they didn’t take your medical during your interview. In my case my hospital directly sent them my medical reports and didn’t give me anything except that sealed parcel which is required for the entry in US at the american airport. And that parcel doesn’t have any expiry date. 

You had a normal case, here discussion is about people who are stuck in AP. If God forbid anyone is stuck in AP for more than 6 months they ask you to get a new medical done.

The sealed envelope does not has any date on it because you are approved and has a visa in hand.

If you check your visa it is not exact 6 months from issuance date, reason being that medical is valid for 6 months and your visa expiry date will be exact 6 months after your medical.

Hope it is clear now. 

Edited by Syed_Asghar_Raza

The sealed envelope still exists with some consulates. Not all have transitioned to electronic transfer of the packet yet.

Reminder that the upper forums require English.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 hours ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

You had a normal case, here discussion is about people who are stuck in AP. If God forbid anyone is stuck in AP for more than 6 months they ask you to get a new medical done.

The sealed envelope does not has any date on it because you are approved and has a visa in hand.

If you check your visa it is not exact 6 months from issuance date, reason being that medical is valid for 6 months and your visa expiry date will be exact 6 months after your medical.

Hope it is clear now. 

My case is in administrative processing 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

Hope it is clear now. 

Im talking abt hospital where my medical was done. Not embassy . Hospital gave me an envelope which is sealed And it has xray and cd in it and is required for entry it doesn’t have any expiry date . 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Neemo said:

After in AP for over 6 months you'll need to do another medical once the visa is approved before they will issue it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, Neemo said:

Exactly my first update was on 11th dec. rest of the updates was because i sent them inquiry. 
Good luck to you as well !

I have got an update on January 28th, after the Senator's office from my state put an inquiry for my case...and another update today January 31st.

I hope there will better outcome!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.