BJ101

Confused on this administrative processing

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have an issue, someone please help me. My wife filed in for my son and I on F2A visa. I and my son attended our interview which I think was successful. At the end, CO offers me a letter stating that, due to insufficient evidence to prove Father and son relationship, we will not issue you visa now, you and your son will have to do a DNA test. The test was immediately paid for and done. The result was positive. It was sent directly to the embassy. Three weeks after the embassy received the results, (which was already two months after my interview), the embassy wrote my wife and asked us to set up an appointment in order to drop passport. We set up the appointment, got to the embassy, we were sent to the first window where we presented our passport and were asked to sit and wait. 10 minutes after, we were called to next window, Co said hi, we received your DNA results, it is positive, all your documents are correct, here are some of your rights when you get to the United States, please read them before going, we will not offer your visa today, we will give you chip that you will use to pickup your visa next week. Co when back and front, after three minutes, Co said, I am sorry, your visa is been put on hold for further administrative processing. Handed to me 221g letter with a sheet containing 16 questions to be answered and submitted to the consulate section. The questions were about, places I have lived, phone numbers used, work history all for the past 15yrs. Also, old and new passports number, siblings names, travels made for the past years etc. These questions were answer and sent immediately. Now, I am a bit confused, is this normal?  How long does this process takes? Why only requested for DNA, then after DNA, requesting further. Anyone here in similar situation, or was in situation like this put got the visa already?  I like to hear your experience,  please please 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Varies by Consulate, quite common for some.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Case keep updating, status  (Administrative processing ) still remains the same. No call or communication has been sent to me since I submitted the last request. Last updated : November 6. Is there anyone in same situation or with same experience? Status updating, what dose it implies? 

• 4 weeks later...

My husband had an interview with Consulate at US Embassy in Liberia last July 16, 2019.  He was asked to bring Guinea Police Clearance and had to wait until his next appointment was on Oct 1, 2019. He brought the clearance to his appointment and he was told that Consulate would contact him. My husband is stuck in Monrovia area while he is waiting for call. He is still in Administrative Processing. All I have to do is be patient.

Timeline
On 12/1/2019 at 4:49 PM, Liberia24 said:

My husband had an interview with Consulate at US Embassy in Liberia last July 16, 2019.  He was asked to bring Guinea Police Clearance and had to wait until his next appointment was on Oct 1, 2019. He brought the clearance to his appointment and he was told that Consulate would contact him. My husband is stuck in Monrovia area while he is waiting for call. He is still in Administrative Processing. All I have to do is be patient.

So sad, This AP process is so frustrating....They have asked me to set up an appointment which I did and still didn't even take my passport from me. I am still in possession of my passport.

Timeline
On 12/5/2019 at 9:41 AM, BJ101 said:

So sad, This AP process is so frustrating....They have asked me to set up an appointment which I did and still didn't even take my passport from me. I am still in possession of my passport.

Liberia 24, any update on your husband case?

On 12/7/2019 at 3:50 PM, BJ101 said:

Liberia 24, any update on your husband case?

My husband is still on AP.   I checked on my husband’s status. It was last update on Nov 2019.   I had tried to email to US Embassy at twice.   Last month I contacted my Senator to ask for deep information about his status.   However, they only contacted thru NVC. It was not satisfied.    So I decided to contact my lawyer about Writ of Mandamus.  

2 hours ago, Liberia24 said:

My husband is still on AP.   I checked on my husband’s status. It was last update on Nov 2019.   I had tried to email to US Embassy at twice.   Last month I contacted my Senator to ask for deep information about his status.   However, they only contacted thru NVC. It was not satisfied.    So I decided to contact my lawyer about Writ of Mandamus.  

A WoM for a couple months of AP (I see the last set of required information requested was provided on Oct. 1st) would likely not have a desired result (well, except for the lawyer in separating one's money from one's wallet). Typically a WoM comes into consideration in a year+ range.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

10 hours ago, geowrian said:

A WoM for a couple months of AP (I see the last set of required information requested was provided on Oct. 1st) would likely not have a desired result (well, except for the lawyer in separating one's money from one's wallet). Typically a WoM comes into consideration in a year+ range.

My husband tried to give Guinea police clearance immediately after his interview on July 16 but he had to make an appointment on Oct 1 then he gave his olive clearance but US consulate did not keep Guinea police clearance and passports. 

I talked with my lawyer. And she suggested that we would do a few inquiries before we decide to  file WoW.  

Timeline
14 hours ago, Liberia24 said:

You need to do that and let us keep praying that all of us will succeed. My wife did same, she contacted her lawmaker and he intervene on our behalf. I have not received my Visa but I was asked to submit my passport which I did, still showing AP, hoping to get it done sooner

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.