travis1983

Financial Support question

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So my wife just got the NOA2 and her interview should be in 6 months or less from what I have read.

Right now my finances are ok. Between my day job and my side job I make about $40,000 a year gross.

However, I have a feeling I may be let go from my day job, which would drop my income down to under 20,000 gross. It would take at few months to transition to a new position. 

If I do not meet the threshold of the poverty level and do not have hordes of cash in the bank, I know I can get a cosponser.

Issue is...the cosponser, my father, is retired and gets a total pension of about 19000 a year.

--------------Are we allowed to "make up" the difference with the cosponser. Like if my income is say 5000 short of the threshold and my father still does not meet the poverty levelm can his amount still cover me? Advice? Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, travis1983 said:

So my wife just got the NOA2 and her interview should be in 6 months or less from what I have read.

Right now my finances are ok. Between my day job and my side job I make about $40,000 a year gross.

However, I have a feeling I may be let go from my day job, which would drop my income down to under 20,000 gross. It would take at few months to transition to a new position. 

If I do not meet the threshold of the poverty level and do not have hordes of cash in the bank, I know I can get a cosponser.

Issue is...the cosponser, my father, is retired and gets a total pension of about 19000 a year.

--------------Are we allowed to "make up" the difference with the cosponser. Like if my income is say 5000 short of the threshold and my father still does not meet the poverty levelm can his amount still cover me? Advice? Thanks.

Only if your father is a qualified household member.  He would be only if you live at the same address.  Combining income adds the household member to the household size also, meaning the income required is about $5,000 more.  If you do not live at the same address and can document it, you cannot combine income with your father.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.