xyz12345

Recommendations...companies processing Vietnamese e-visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a company that processes Vietnamese e-visa?

I am a USC (not a dual citizen) who'll be visiting family in the Philippines in December. I know I can apply online with the Vietnamese Embassy here in the US and get a loose-leaf visa by mail but I haven't completely decided on going there via Hanoi. I might change my mind and visit a different country.

One website recommended myvietnamvisa.com and the Vietnamese Embassy in the Philippines has a link with visaonlinevietnam.com.

Any tips and recommendations are very much appreciated!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yeah so you don't need to pay a company to process an e-visa.  The Vietnamese government has a website you can do it through directly:

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

Costs $25.  I've gotten visas here to visit Vietnam 4 times.

Once again, you absolutely do not need a company to process the e-visa.  Do it directly through the government website.

Timeline

Click on the For Foreigners button at the upper left of the page.  You'll need a digital passport style photo and a scan of your passport bio page.  

1 hour ago, AndrewF said:

Yeah so you don't need to pay a company to process an e-visa.  The Vietnamese government has a website you can do it through directly:

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

Costs $25.  I've gotten visas here to visit Vietnam 4 times.

Once again, you absolutely do not need a company to process the e-visa.  Do it directly through the government website.

Thank you very much! Never even thought of looking at the government website. I thought I have to go through the embassy or a third party.

How long did it take for them to process your visa and what kind of payment do they accept? Thanks again for the help!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

Thank you very much! Never even thought of looking at the government website. I thought I have to go through the embassy or a third party.

How long did it take for them to process your visa and what kind of payment do they accept? Thanks again for the help!

It only took 3 to 4 days for them to process the Visa request.  After they process it they email you a link where you can download the Visa and print it out.  They take Visa credit cards, and I think Mastercard as well.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you can also apply at a visa online at the airport service, I have done this twice already, very easy and painless, usually takes less than one day.

Good luck

4 hours ago, craig5977 said:

you can also apply at a visa online at the airport service, I have done this twice already, very easy and painless, usually takes less than one day.

Good luck

Hi, thanks for your response. What do you mean by visa online at the airport service? You mean visa on arrival at (for example) Hanoi Airport?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes that is what I meant to say, sorry about that. I drew a memory blank at first when I wrote.

I have done the Visa on arrival twice, always been happy with it and its fast at the airport

Good Luck

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I got my e-visa in less than 24 hours.

You can select your entry/exit point.

The web site is a little slow and ESL, so read carefully.

Also, the passport bio page photo doesn't have to be perfect... I sent in a phone photo and they accepted it.  As long as the numbers are clear I think they will accept it.

4 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

I got my e-visa in less than 24 hours.

You can select your entry/exit point.

The web site is a little slow and ESL, so read carefully.

Also, the passport bio page photo doesn't have to be perfect... I sent in a phone photo and they accepted it.  As long as the numbers are clear I think they will accept it.

Thanks for your response!

phone photo meaning someone took your picture? does it have to conform to passport pic specs?

Edited by xyz12345

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You have to have a 'passport style' photo and also send in a copy of your biometrics page from your passport (the page with your photo)

I'm just saying that a LOT of people posted (on the internet) regarding the quality required.  My 'passport style' photo was one from a recent K1 visa app and the photo of my bio page was done with a cell phone camera.

13 minutes ago, SmallTownPA said:

You have to have a 'passport style' photo and also send in a copy of your biometrics page from your passport (the page with your photo)

I'm just saying that a LOT of people posted (on the internet) regarding the quality required.  My 'passport style' photo was one from a recent K1 visa app and the photo of my bio page was done with a cell phone camera.

Thanks a lot!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.