Jump to content

Where do we send a correction to the I-751 (MSC-)?

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, p-ana said:

Your receipt notice should have an address at the left hand corner where your application is being processed, i would use that.


Not sure what the error is, maybe try calling and talking to a tier 2 officer so that can be corrected


47 minutes ago, MissyB651 said:



you can try this form if it’s an easy fix like mine was a wrong checked box.

Hi guys, unfortunately my error is in regards to swapping my wife and my name's on parts 7 and 8. I thought I was the petitioner just like the I-130 but now she is the petitioner. I know of another case where they sent in a new form afterwards with a cover letter and the status changed saying they received the modification. So I'm assuming that's the best to handle it. I'm a December filer though.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do that and make sure to include a receipt number so they can link it to your file. But like someone else said, I would call someone at uscis. Might not help, because they were notoriously unhelpful when I called, but it’s worth the try.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...