mogiftney

I-134 AOS Joint Sponsor Questions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hello, I just have a few questions about filling out the I-134 AOS as a joint sponsor. This is going through the London UK embassy.

1. When filling out part 2. as a joint sponsor and it asks for more information about the beneficiary, would the beneficiary be the US fiancee or the foreign fiancee? Doesn't the joint sponsor technically sponsor the US fiancee?

2. In part 3. where it asks for the market value of stocks and bonds, is the joint sponsor supposed to put N/A, None or 0.00 if they do not have stocks or bonds?

3. In part 3. continued when it asks for names of people previously sponsored using an I-134 AOS, if the joint sponsor has not previously sponsored anyone, it asks them to put "None" in the space for name. There are multiple name spaces. First name, Last name, Middle name, do they put none in all of these or will just the first name do?

4. In part 3. continued when it asks for the names of people the sponsor has previously submitted visa petitions to the USCIS for, if the joint sponsor has not submitted the K1 petition but it pertains to a case where the US fiancee has, do they enter the case relevant USCIS information in this space or do they leave it blank since they themselves have not submitted the petition in question?

5. In part 3. continued when it asks if the joint sponsor intends to make specific contributions to the person named in part 2, would the joint sponsor tick "intend" if the foreign fiancee will be living at the joint sponsor's residence with the US fiancee?

6. If the joint sponsor doesn't use any extra additional information pages than the one that is provided, do they still need to sign and date that one page? And if so, where?

Thanks for your time, yes these are silly and intricate questions but I am just following up with the joint sponsors request for additional information on these questions.

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

40 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Hello, I just have a few questions about filling out the I-134 AOS as a joint sponsor. This is going through the London UK embassy.

1. When filling out part 2. as a joint sponsor and it asks for more information about the beneficiary, would the beneficiary be the US fiancee or the foreign fiancee? Doesn't the joint sponsor technically sponsor the US fiancee? 

No - the joint sponsor is sponsoring and liable for the foreign fiancée. It’s the foreign fiancée that they’re agreeing to be liable for, not the US fiancée.

2. In part 3. where it asks for the market value of stocks and bonds, is the joint sponsor supposed to put N/A, None or 0.00 if they do not have stocks or bonds?

It doesn’t matters - I’d use N/A or none. It means the same thing. 

3. In part 3. continued when it asks for names of people previously sponsored using an I-134 AOS, if the joint sponsor has not previously sponsored anyone, it asks them to put "None" in the space for name. There are multiple name spaces. First name, Last name, Middle name, do they put none in all of these or will just the first name do?

Whichever you’d prefer. 

4. In part 3. continued when it asks for the names of people the sponsor has previously submitted visa petitions to the USCIS for, if the joint sponsor has not submitted the K1 petition but it pertains to a case where the US fiancee has, do they enter the case relevant USCIS information in this space or do they leave it blank since they themselves have not submitted the petition in question?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that this petition is the first one that you, the petitioner, have submitted? In which case, you shouldn’t be filling that box in as it says previous petitions, not current ones.

5. In part 3. continued when it asks if the joint sponsor intends to make specific contributions to the person named in part 2, would the joint sponsor tick "intend" if the foreign fiancee will be living at the joint sponsor's residence with the US fiancee?

No. For a K1 visa, the contributions are not specific, ie, they won’t be giving your fiancée a set allowance per month. 

40 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

6. If the joint sponsor doesn't use any extra additional information pages than the one that is provided, do they still need to sign and date that one page? And if so, where?

Thanks for your time, yes these are silly and intricate questions but I am just following up with the joint sponsors request for additional information on these questions.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

In the example form on visajourney it has the sponsor listing the current petition they submitted to the USCIS under that section. 

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

6 hours ago, mogiftney said:

In the example form on visajourney it has the sponsor listing the current petition they submitted to the USCIS under that section. 

Ok, well do that then - I’m not entirely sure why you’re asking if you’ve consulted a guide and got answers from there...?

I also think you’re overthinking this a little - the form isn’t designed for a K1 visa (or for supporting a K1 visa application), however, it’s used because it does the job. It even says this on the London embassy page.

As long as you have the important info on there and there aren’t any contradictions/important emissions/unsatisfactory information (such as your co-sponsor only $15K a year - or writing that they earn $200K a year, but their tax statement showing $20K earned), you shouldn’t have any problems. It’s just given a quick once over at the interview.

We didn’t need a co-sponsor, but my fiancé filled in the form as I’ve described above - I had no problems at the embassy and my visa was granted.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Ok, well do that then - I’m not entirely sure why you’re asking if you’ve consulted a guide and got answers from there...?

I also think you’re overthinking this a little - the form isn’t designed for a K1 visa (or for supporting a K1 visa application), however, it’s used because it does the job. It even says this on the London embassy page.

As long as you have the important info on there and there aren’t any contradictions/important emissions/unsatisfactory information (such as your co-sponsor only $15K a year - or writing that they earn $200K a year, but their tax statement showing $20K earned), you shouldn’t have any problems. It’s just given a quick once over at the interview.

We didn’t need a co-sponsor, but my fiancé filled in the form as I’ve described above - I had no problems at the embassy and my visa was granted.  

Thanks for the help. I asked these questions because the joint sponsor requested I ask them, and also the questions I asked couldn’t be resolved with just the example sheet, that was an extra bit of info you provided for my AOS that wasn’t my original question, my question was about the joint sponsors AOS which there are no example sheets for online to the best of my knowledge. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

See answer for your other question about the Form I-134 that isn't used for AOS process....

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/723232-i-134-aos-questions/

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

See answer for your other question about the Form I-134 that isn't used for AOS process....

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/723232-i-134-aos-questions/

I-134 AOS stands for I-134 Affidavit of Support. It's common lingo on this website.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
15 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

I-134 AOS stands for I-134 Affidavit of Support. It's common lingo on this website.

See my response on your other I-134 questions thread.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.