jerect

Mistake with gender on medical exams - visa K1 approved

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I'm from Colombia and I had my interview on Monday and they approved me. My passport with my visa arrived yesterday with the sealed envelope.
When I was at the embassy, they opened my medical exams and gathered all the documents, but when I was waiting for my call I checked and everything with my health and my passport, name and address were fine, but the sex was marked as feminine and I am a man
Now that I have the visa, I want to know if there will be any problem at the port of entry with this error, I will not tell the officer because I am not supposed to know the content of the exams because they were given to me in a sealed envelope and only opened it to the embassy.
the consul apparently did not realize this either or ignore it.
what should I do? should I be worried?

Edited by jerect

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, jerect said:

Hi, I'm from Colombia and I had my interview on Monday and they approved me. My passport with my visa arrived yesterday with the sealed envelope.
When I was at the embassy, they opened my medical exams and gathered all the documents, but when I was waiting for my call I checked and everything with my health and my passport, name and address were fine, but the sex was marked as feminine and I am a man
Now that I have the visa, I want to know if there will be any problem at the port of entry with this error, I will not tell the officer because I am not supposed to know the content of the exams because they were given to me in a sealed envelope and only opened it to the embassy.
the consul apparently did not realize this either or ignore it.
what should I do? should I be worried?

I would call the embassy and have it sorted before traveling 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Camen said:

I would call the embassy and have it sorted before traveling 

But the mistake is only on the medical exams and I am supposed not to see them it was accidentally when they opened at the embassy because that information is on the corner. The visa on my passport and the application are perfect. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, jerect said:

But the mistake is only on the medical exams and I am supposed not to see them it was accidentally when they opened at the embassy because that information is on the corner. The visa on my passport and the application are perfect. 

I doubt the CBP  even looks at the medical file 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Don’t worry about that! They hardly look at that! They dont keep that! 

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: Timeline

It sounds like you are saying sometime during your interview at the Embassy you were able to look at the documents contained in the sealed medical records. If so and you noticed an error (box checked as female instead of male) why didnt you bring it to the attention of the Officer at the Embassy??? They would have been able to deal with it. Now you are in a position where you know there is an error and dont know how to report it! I would suggest maybe contacting the place that did your medical and ask them to review if there is an error with the gender. If so have them correct it. You will probably have to go back to the Embassy for a new packet to bring with you. Or your other option is to do nothing and turn in the packet you have at POE. There is a chance when you get to filing the 485 the error will be discovered and you will probably be asked to provide a new medical. You will have to then pay for a second medical in the US. Since you already paid for the first youd save money by getting them to fix this now while they can but will have a delay while its being fixed. Its up to you to decide whats the better option. 

Timeline
On 11/2/2019 at 3:51 PM, Villanelle said:

It sounds like you are saying sometime during your interview at the Embassy you were able to look at the documents contained in the sealed medical records. If so and you noticed an error (box checked as female instead of male) why didnt you bring it to the attention of the Officer at the Embassy??? They would have been able to deal with it. Now you are in a position where you know there is an error and dont know how to report it! I would suggest maybe contacting the place that did your medical and ask them to review if there is an error with the gender. If so have them correct it. You will probably have to go back to the Embassy for a new packet to bring with you. Or your other option is to do nothing and turn in the packet you have at POE. There is a chance when you get to filing the 485 the error will be discovered and you will probably be asked to provide a new medical. You will have to then pay for a second medical in the US. Since you already paid for the first youd save money by getting them to fix this now while they can but will have a delay while its being fixed. Its up to you to decide whats the better option. 

they told me to send the visa and envelope back to the consulate and they(the doctor) will send the medical exams corrected so I just came from DHL and sent everything back with a note telling this.

I hope it to be back soon because I have wedding and travel plans.

does anyone know how long can it take?

Filed: Timeline

The Embassy can be quick when they want and also very slow when they want. Im not familiar with that Embassy- you can try the regional forums but if at all possible to do a walk in there I would do such. If thats not possible try sending an email to them as they all have an email address and see if you can get in touch with someone there who can advise you on how long it takes and perhaps even rush it for you. Typically if someone has an issue with the sealed packet (which is kinda what you have) they will rush process to fix it. Usually its re-sealing the packet, this is a bit different but still similar as you need them to reopen it and reseal it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.