Germerican

That's it! No more DCF via Frankfurt

93 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2019 at 9:49 PM, perser said:

I wish you good luck with your case. Hopefully it will be processed without any further trouble!

Surprisingly I got my police certificate on Christmas Eve. Great gift I say. I’ll be getting passport photos done on Friday when everywhere opens up again.

visa Issued

6 hours ago, SorrowL said:

Surprisingly I got my police certificate on Christmas Eve. Great gift I say. I’ll be getting passport photos done on Friday when everywhere opens up again.

That’s awesome! Great gift indeed!

I emailed the consulate, and was advised that current processing times are “up to” 40 calendar days after document arrival to the consulate. 

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Hello everyone and Happy New Year, I was curious if anyone else received a letter from the Frankfurt Embassy saying they have transferred your I-130 to the Rome office?

I sent our I-130 packet to Frankfurt end of August and they issued a receipt on Sept 4, 2019.  On December 22nd I received a letter stating that they have transferred our case to Rome.

It has been 122 days since out NOA1 and it seems that nothing is happening. 

I would be extremely grateful for any experiences of people with this as well.

Otherwise, I'll most likely begin this exact process next week, but through Rome. I am currently awaiting a US job offer to come in and will be applying for DCF under exceptional circumstances. However, my wife is also in a high-risk pregnancy, so we are hoping that speeds up the process as well. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

We submitted our application just prior to the October 31 deadline, so I unfortunately can't help with exceptional circumstances due to a job relocation. In looking at the USCIS Frankfurt web page, a "U.S. Citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, who receives a job relocation within the same company or subsidiary to the United States, or an offer of a new job in the United States with very little notice" could be considered an exceptional case.

I'm going to assume that any exceptional case is decided on a case-by-case basis. Your best bet would probably be to email Frankfurt via the email link on the USCIS Frankfurt website, as this would anyway be the way to request processing due to exceptional circumstances.

1 hour ago, Hubby14 said:

I would be extremely grateful for any experiences of people with this as well.

Otherwise, I'll most likely begin this exact process next week, but through Rome. I am currently awaiting a US job offer to come in and will be applying for DCF under exceptional circumstances. However, my wife is also in a high-risk pregnancy, so we are hoping that speeds up the process as well. 

@Hubby14  Are you a resident in Germany or Italy?  Just trying to understand the Rome bit ;)

Except for Italy, USCIS Rome covers the following Algeria, Andorra, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, France, Gibraltar, Holy See, Kosovo, Libya, Macedonia, Malta, Mauritania, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia, and Western Sahara. 

I am currently in Bosnia/Croatia for work and therefore have to use USCIS Rome. The reason though that I commented here is because DCF Exceptional Circumstances is done the same in every regional office with same types of evidence required and similar timelines. 

Received our NOA2 from the Frankfurt consulate today, postmarked January 3. NOA1 was received on October 25, 2019. Looks like the office might be catching up before the end of the month. Hope everyone else starts getting their NOA2s soon. 

Has anyone who did the DCF in Frankfurt route take their medical exam before interview invitation? I checked out some approved physicians and the one in Munich doesn’t require an appointment confirmation and I feel like I could schedule one in the near future. The Instructions SUGGEST doing the medical 2 weeks before the interview, but if I medical myself now, I’m more able to accept sudden openings in the appointment schedule and have all documents on location including the medical.

I honesty don’t care if the visa is valid for only 4-5 months, as we will be traveling within weeks of issuance.

mainly wondering if anyone has gotten the medical before interview invitation, and if any issues arose by doing it? 

visa Issued

3 hours ago, SorrowL said:

Has anyone who did the DCF in Frankfurt route take their medical exam before interview invitation? I checked out some approved physicians and the one in Munich doesn’t require an appointment confirmation and I feel like I could schedule one in the near future. The Instructions SUGGEST doing the medical 2 weeks before the interview, but if I medical myself now, I’m more able to accept sudden openings in the appointment schedule and have all documents on location including the medical.

I honesty don’t care if the visa is valid for only 4-5 months, as we will be traveling within weeks of issuance.

mainly wondering if anyone has gotten the medical before interview invitation, and if any issues arose by doing it? 

You don’t need an invitation for the interview to make the medical exam. 

Just take your DS 260 confirmation page, Impfpass, maybe Passfotos and Money to pay for the examination. We did our medical last week and we don’t have an approval for step 2 yet. 

8 minutes ago, perser said:

We received the email today!! 
It took exactly 29 Days from the day they received our Packet 3.

Awesome! Congrats on your packet 4. Hopeful to get mine within 2 weeks.

I’ll be following your timeline to see your interview date once you have one.

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.