Germerican

That's it! No more DCF via Frankfurt

93 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2019 at 9:24 PM, valaben said:

We got our NOA2 letter today! The approval date was also Dec 2.

I would recommend you to email the consular Immigrant Visa section for an update on your case number. I did so and received it the next day. I have send out package 3 today. Hopefully it will be processed before new year. 

3 hours ago, perser said:

I would recommend you to email the consular Immigrant Visa section for an update on your case number. I did so and received it the next day. I have send out package 3 today. Hopefully it will be processed before new year. 

I wish you luck, but that’s super tight to make it before New Years especially with the many holidays. I forgot to get a police certificate so I have to wait for mine :(. Otherwise I would’ve sent in 3 days ago

visa Issued

1 hour ago, SorrowL said:

I wish you luck, but that’s super tight to make it before New Years especially with the many holidays. I forgot to get a police certificate so I have to wait for mine :(. Otherwise I would’ve sent in 3 days ago

Thanks, I didn’t expect at all to be able to send out package 3 before new year... but thank god we made it. We are in the middle of moving out of our Appartement as well... so it was super stressful. We had to register us at the new city the last day of the year where the civil registry was open... without an appointment... just to have a copy of our Anmeldebescheinigung that is needed for the delivery address of the passport and visa ...

16 hours ago, perser said:

Thanks, I didn’t expect at all to be able to send out package 3 before new year... but thank god we made it. We are in the middle of moving out of our Appartement as well... so it was super stressful. We had to register us at the new city the last day of the year where the civil registry was open... without an appointment... just to have a copy of our Anmeldebescheinigung that is needed for the delivery address of the passport and visa ...

That’s awesome. I put together my entire file and envelope, with a cover page and extra information regarding my case. Everything is ready in the envelope. All I need to add is my more recent meldebeacheinigung (for the delivery address) and my police certificate, which hopefully will be in my possession early January. 

visa Issued

22 hours ago, perser said:

We got the letter yesterday, but still have to wait on his birth certificate. Everything else is ready to go, hopefully we'll make it before the end of the year.

2 hours ago, valaben said:

We got the letter yesterday, but still have to wait on his birth certificate. Everything else is ready to go, hopefully we'll make it before the end of the year.

Good luck with that! You could probably get the certificate from the local authorities on the 27th, unless they’re open on the 24th in your area. I’ve never had to wait for my certificate snyway (unless you’re getting it as a foreign citizen not born in Germany, which I can understand takes longer cause of consular process).

regardless! Good luck to filing this year! I messed up so I have to wait until I get my Führungszeugnis.

visa Issued

8 hours ago, SorrowL said:

That’s awesome. I put together my entire file and envelope, with a cover page and extra information regarding my case. Everything is ready in the envelope. All I need to add is my more recent meldebeacheinigung (for the delivery address) and my police certificate, which hopefully will be in my possession early January. 

I wish you good luck with your case. Hopefully it will be processed without any further trouble!

14 hours ago, perser said:

I wish you good luck with your case. Hopefully it will be processed without any further trouble!

Hi Perser, 

I am about to begin the process of DCF with my wife and just wanted to ask if you could please keep us posted on your timeline - it's of great help! We are filing the DCF with exceptional circumstances, since we meet 2 of them - medical (high-risk pregnancy due end of April) and short notice for job relocation (job with start date of 3/16). 

We will be sending our I-130 in mid-January (waiting to receive official job offer first) to the Rome USCIS and are hoping we can be headed to the US by mid-March. Do you think that's possible? 

I appreciate any help regarding what I can do in advance and the expected timeline! Thanks !

10 hours ago, Hubby14 said:

Hi Perser, 

I am about to begin the process of DCF with my wife and just wanted to ask if you could please keep us posted on your timeline - it's of great help! We are filing the DCF with exceptional circumstances, since we meet 2 of them - medical (high-risk pregnancy due end of April) and short notice for job relocation (job with start date of 3/16). 

We will be sending our I-130 in mid-January (waiting to receive official job offer first) to the Rome USCIS and are hoping we can be headed to the US by mid-March. Do you think that's possible? 

I appreciate any help regarding what I can do in advance and the expected timeline! Thanks !

Hi Hubby14,

I’m not sure how long USCIS in Rome will accept I130 petitions, since it will be closed. In Frankfurt it stopped accepting since Oktober 31st. 

It might be a different situation with your exceptional circumstances. So I can’t really tell. 

Regarding your timeline, as a regular case I would say you most likely can forget it, since process times significantly increased due to Closing the international USCIS offices. Step one the I130 petition used to take 90 days, know it’s more like 120-150. 

but here again I can’t tell how your case with exceptional circumstances will effect the process times..

what you can do in preparation:

Make sure you have figured out how to pay the 535$ filing fee. It’s often an issue since credit card won’t be accepted.

For Step 2:

get your beneficents birth certificate, police certificate, marriage certificate prepared. 
the petitioner should get his US Tax Business prepared... if you need sponsors make sure they have their IRS stuff ready... 

these are the basic things to have in mind.. 

Thanks! Yeah I wasn’t sure how long it takes for a usual DCF case, since it seemed like yours was super quick when I looked at your posts. However, I’m hoping we can get this done in time.

Do you think I should officially translate every document my wife has that’s in a foreign language? 

1 hour ago, Hubby14 said:

Thanks! Yeah I wasn’t sure how long it takes for a usual DCF case, since it seemed like yours was super quick when I looked at your posts. However, I’m hoping we can get this done in time.

Do you think I should officially translate every document my wife has that’s in a foreign language? 

For step one you need to translate everything to English language. You can do that yourself. 

step 2 should be ok if it’s In Italian language. 

that’s how it works in Germany. 

I’ve heard that with exceptional circumstances, I could send i130 and get it approved within 20 days potentially. Then I would receive approval notice from USCIS and mail packet 3. 

and what docs are needed to support i-130? Just Marriage certificate?

do I also need joint lease/banking docs and photos of us, even though she’s pregnant and we’ve been married 3 years? 

32 minutes ago, Hubby14 said:

I’ve heard that with exceptional circumstances, I could send i130 and get it approved within 20 days potentially. Then I would receive approval notice from USCIS and mail packet 3. 

and what docs are needed to support i-130? Just Marriage certificate?

do I also need joint lease/banking docs and photos of us, even though she’s pregnant and we’ve been married 3 years? 

You definitely need some more than just the marriage certificate. 
joint bank accounts, insurances, leases, maybe travel docs. Photos are secondary proof. They wanna see hard facts like financel documents. 

13 hours ago, Hubby14 said:

Could you please just list how your timeline went so far? It would be much appreciated, thanks!

Go on my profile and click on timeline. There is everything listed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.