Germerican

That's it! No more DCF via Frankfurt

93 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm also in the middle of the DCF process in Frankfurt. 

We filed I130  08/12/2019 and are waiting for the approval. 

nkk0 post gave me hope that It won't take 120-150 days. 

Edited by perser

• 1 month later...

We just got our I-130 approval in the mail from DCF USCIS Frankfurt today (Dec. 16, 2019). Took 47 days for us from NOA1(sent in the mail on October 2nd, 2019), just so everyone here can know the final estimates from Frankfurt. 

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Hey that’s really quick. I have filed in August and still got no decision. 

Are you Military or do you have Kids together? 

15 hours ago, perser said:

Hey that’s really quick. I have filed in August and still got no decision. 

Are you Military or do you have Kids together? 

No, I’m not military nor do I have kids. No idea why it was so quick for us. Maybe we just got lucky. I did follow the guides and tips on this site though, but I’m sure most of us do. Didn’t get any RFEs either.

visa Issued

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, SorrowL said:

We just got our I-130 approval in the mail from DCF USCIS Frankfurt today (Dec. 16, 2019). Took 47 days for us from NOA1(sent in the mail on October 2nd, 2019), just so everyone here can know the final estimates from Frankfurt. 

That's awesome! I was hoping processing times would improve after they stopped accepting I-130 petitions on 10/31. The USCIS office in FRA is supposed to close on 1/31, so all petitions should be processed by then. We'll see...

We received our NOA1 on 11/6.

6 minutes ago, Germerican said:

That's awesome! I was hoping processing times would improve after they stopped accepting I-130 petitions on 10/31. The USCIS office in FRA is supposed to close on 1/31, so all petitions should be processed by then. We'll see...

We received our NOA1 on 11/6.

Nice! I’m waiting for the Immigrant Visa Unit to contact me now. I already sent them an email requesting what documents I should collect for the CR-1 Visa. I also already went ahead and applied for my police certificate yesterday. I-864 is ready too, so I feel prepared somewhat for the next steps. Hopefully the rest of the paperwork won’t take months. 

visa Issued

Timeline
27 minutes ago, SorrowL said:

Nice! I’m waiting for the Immigrant Visa Unit to contact me now. I already sent them an email requesting what documents I should collect for the CR-1 Visa. I also already went ahead and applied for my police certificate yesterday. I-864 is ready too, so I feel prepared somewhat for the next steps. Hopefully the rest of the paperwork won’t take months. 

We ordered the police certificate right after we submitted the I-130. Also ordered tax transcripts from the IRS. If you're planning on getting those, do it asap. It took almost 6 weeks to receive them in the mail.
I will also reach out to our primary care physician these days to get copies of my medical history.
Good luck with the remainder of the process. Keep us updated!

Just now, Germerican said:

We ordered the police certificate right after we submitted the I-130. Also ordered tax transcripts from the IRS. If you're planning on getting those, do it asap. It took almost 6 weeks to receive them in the mail.
I will also reach out to our primary care physician these days to get copies of my medical history.
Good luck with the remainder of the process. Keep us updated!

Tax transcripts from my Petitioner? Or from the I-864 sponsor? I read about the tax transcripts but I don’t recall exactly what. I can always have my petitioners mother send the documents with UPS documents express. I know my German police certificate will take 4 weeks +\-. I’ll definitely keep my timeline updated. 

visa Issued

Timeline
1 minute ago, SorrowL said:

Tax transcripts from my Petitioner? Or from the I-864 sponsor? I read about the tax transcripts but I don’t recall exactly what. I can always have my petitioners mother send the documents with UPS documents express. I know my German police certificate will take 4 weeks +\-. I’ll definitely keep my timeline updated. 

How did you order your police certificate? In person or online via the Bundesamt für Justiz? I ordered mine online and it took less than 2 weeks.
Tax transcripts are not a necessity but can help your case. If petitioner and sponsor are not one and the same person, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to provide both but I'm assuming it is more important to provide them for the sponsor in order to proof that they are in a position to financially support you. In our case my wife is both, petitioner and sponsor. Because we live in Germany we could only request the transcripts via mail and the IRS chooses the cheapest available mailing option.

Just now, Germerican said:

How did you order your police certificate? In person or online via the Bundesamt für Justiz? I ordered mine online and it took less than 2 weeks.
Tax transcripts are not a necessity but can help your case. If petitioner and sponsor are not one and the same person, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to provide both but I'm assuming it is more important to provide them for the sponsor in order to proof that they are in a position to financially support you. In our case my wife is both, petitioner and sponsor. Because we live in Germany we could only request the transcripts via mail and the IRS chooses the cheapest available mailing option.

Ah I see! I filed for the police certificate in person, but I’m not a German Citizen, I was just born in Germany and I’ve lived here for 14 years. As a Czech citizen I get a “European” Police certificate, which includes entries (or in my case no entries) from my citizenship country and my residency, those take about 2 weeks longer than German citizen Police certificates. 

I have the full tax return and filing paperwork from my sponsor included in the I-864, but it’s just for the year 2018 as her annual income has basically been unchanged for the past years. Since she’s a US citizen with domicile, I could just ask her for her data and get the transcripts online via the IRS website and self print them out. Of course the IRS would choose the slowest mail possible. My wife’s (petitioner) income is too low to count at all to the requirement, but I am a business owner myself and I have liquid assets available stateside and in Europe so I think I can prove easily that I won’t be a public charge. I could also log in to my Mother in laws turbo tax account and print out the previous 2017 and 2016 returns also, so I can get the records pretty quickly online I believe. I was also wondering if “ADAC Auslandskrankenschutz Langzeit” would be sufficient for the new health insurance coverage requirement implemented on immigrants, but I don’t know if that would be too off topic for this thread. 

visa Issued

I just got an email that my petition was approved on 12/16. 

Im really glad that the USCIS stuff is done!!

So next step would be to wait for the case number and the DS 260 Checklist right ?? 

3 hours ago, perser said:

I just got an email that my petition was approved on 12/16. 

Im really glad that the USCIS stuff is done!!

So next step would be to wait for the case number and the DS 260 Checklist right ?? 

Yes. It should arrive via mail and maybe email. I got mine on email and in the mail. It took them about a week to mail it out, so expect it maybe around 27th-30th/ maybe even into start of January. Depends when they take time off because of Christmas.

visa Issued

I got the approval also via mail today and there it says approval date is December 2nd. So it has been more than two weeks. 

I emailed them for an update on the case number. We will see how they respond. 

I have received the case number today via email.  So theoretically we could prepare everything today and send it all out by tomorrow. And hopefully it will get reviewed before new year. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.