4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My GC interview was scheduled for November 19th. I filled AOS based on marriage after K1 and had my medical examination overseas

I am now collecting the documents that were listed on the letter, however some things are not clear and would need your help:

1. The letter says I need to bring my birth certificate. I already submitted a translated copy of it with the initial package. Do I need to have just the original document with me during the interview or I need to translate it again?

2. I never submitted i-693, instead sent them the DS-3025 with my vaccine records. I compared the information on it with the instructions here Immunizations. DS-3025 or I-693?, however I have some vaccines marked as code D (not routinely available). These are the MMR, Tdap and Varicella. Does that mean I need to see a civil surgeon here or I am good to go without I-693? I also had the flu shot before I came last year, do I need to get it again before the interview?

3. I registered our marriage in my homecountry and have the original marriage certificate with me along with our baby's birth certificate (he has dual citizenship). Do I need to have all of that translated as I will use it as supporting evidence? Can I translate it myself or it must be someone else who's certified to translate from bulgarian to english?

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Edited by wtrav

3 hours ago, wtrav said:

Hello everyone,

My GC interview was scheduled for November 19th. I filled AOS based on marriage after K1 and had my medical examination overseas

I am now collecting the documents that were listed on the letter, however some things are not clear and would need your help:

1. The letter says I need to bring my birth certificate. I already submitted a translated copy of it with the initial package. Do I need to have just the original document with me during the interview or I need to translate it again?

2. I never submitted i-693, instead sent them the DS-3025 with my vaccine records. I compared the information on it with the instructions here Immunizations. DS-3025 or I-693?, however I have some vaccines marked as code D (not routinely available). These are the MMR, Tdap and Varicella. Does that mean I need to see a civil surgeon here or I am good to go without I-693? I also had the flu shot before I came last year, do I need to get it again before the interview?

3. I registered our marriage in my homecountry and have the original marriage certificate with me along with our baby's birth certificate (he has dual citizenship). Do I need to have all of that translated as I will use it as supporting evidence? Can I translate it myself or it must be someone else who's certified to translate from bulgarian to english?

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

1. You need to bring originals to the interview; not sure how that applies to the translation, but I wouldn't risk not having an original.  You should have sent a copy of it during the initial package instead of the original.  It's stated in the I-485 instructions that unless they ask for an original, you should send a copy. 

2. Is your DS-3025 marked completed?  I assume you filed for AOS within one year of your medical examination judging from your timeline and also you didn't have a Class A condition.

3. In the I-485, it states a the requirements for a translator.  From the wording, I would say you should be able to do it yourself if you are competent and sign a certification stating so with the required information.

Refer back to the I-485 instructions if you need more clarification.  You can also try calling USCIS and asking them.

copies.jpg

Edited by Madao

Timeline
12 hours ago, Madao said:

1. You need to bring originals to the interview; not sure how that applies to the translation, but I wouldn't risk not having an original.  You should have sent a copy of it during the initial package instead of the original.  It's stated in the I-485 instructions that unless they ask for an original, you should send a copy. 

2. Is your DS-3025 marked completed?  I assume you filed for AOS within one year of your medical examination judging from your timeline and also you didn't have a Class A condition.

3. In the I-485, it states a the requirements for a translator.  From the wording, I would say you should be able to do it yourself if you are competent and sign a certification stating so with the required information.

Refer back to the I-485 instructions if you need more clarification.  You can also try calling USCIS and asking them.

copies.jpg

I didn’t send the original but a translated copy of it. Anyways thanks for the input. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I just got approved on the spot for the green card.

They interviewing officer said that I didn't need the medical done in the US as I already had one done overseas and I was a fiancee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.