3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I asked this question yesterday but didn’t get any real solid answers... so I’m filing my husbands AOS. I already have my I-864 done and completed including tax transcripts and W2s. However, I’m using my dad as a joint sponsor. He included his W2 and tax papers from last year. His individual income is 35,500 without my mom. When adding up his household size, it comes out to 3 because of sponsoring my husband and himself and my mom. However, my parents joint income together is 58,000. Which is what i put for total household income. Because i included this number, does my mom have to fill out an i-864 too? Or is just my dads enough? On the part where it says to include any income we are using from any other person who was counted, i left that blank because my mom was counted in household size but we are not using her income. I’m just confused about how to go about this part 🤯🤯

Filed: Timeline

You would put down only his part of the joint income shown on the tax return. So 35,000. But you should really consider filling out the 864a for your mom and counting her income as well. While your Dad can qualify with out mom to be the joint sponsor, often times Officers ask for the 864a from the joint sponsors spouse to make sure the spouse is aware of what is being undertaken by the sponsor. Its better to fill it out now and submit the 864a from mom as well rather then have a delay in getting the GC because they RFE for it. 

38 minutes ago, Savanna0501 said:

I asked this question yesterday but didn’t get any real solid answers... so I’m filing my husbands AOS. I already have my I-864 done and completed including tax transcripts and W2s. However, I’m using my dad as a joint sponsor.

Do you live with your parents?

If not .... he will file his own individual I864 stating his individual income from his EARNINGS statement(s) in Part 6 Qu 7. Their COMBINED income from their 2018 JOINT RETURN Transcript (clarify that you have it or it will change the whole scenario, "tax papers" are too vague) will go in Part 6 Qu 24a. He will need to provide their Joint Return Transcript for evidence of 24a AND his individual Earnings Statement(s) as evidence of his $35K individual income in Part 6 Qu 7.

He included his W2 and tax papers from last year. His individual income is 35,500 without my mom. When adding up his household size, it comes out to 3 because of sponsoring my husband and himself and my mom. However, my parents joint income together is 58,000. Which is what i put for total household income.

$58k in Part 6 Qu 7? That's incorrect in any case even if mom decides to co-sponsor as a household member. It needs to be the individual income for the person filing the I864 in Part 6 Qu 7.

Because i included this number, does my mom have to fill out an i-864 too?

Cant do it that way.

Or is just my dads enough? On the part where it says to include any income we are using from any other person who was counted, i left that blank because my mom was counted in household size but we are not using her income. I’m just confused about how to go about this part 🤯🤯

?

You said you input $58k? You are trying to use her income 

You will need to decide who is going to sponsor before any accurate advice can be provided.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.