bcyr9

Documents required for interview

6 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I have my interview coming up and want to ensure that I am correct on my understanding. 

I myself am the applicant applying for my K1 visa, my fiancé of course is the petitioner. 

Do we both have to provide the required documents on the check list or just myself as the applicant? The reason I ask is because a few of the certificates they ask for would apply to him however they don’t apply to me as the applicant. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

applicant and petitioner is the same thing (the USC who applys for the K1

the other person is the beneficary

the USC makes the application not the beneficary

Application :

At  the first part is about the USC

Part II is about the beneficary

There are many documents at Stage I required of both of you

any previous marriages and divorces for either

USC proof of citizenship

names of children of both

not sure which ones you don't think apply to you

but basically,  follow the guides

Thank you. 

By doesn’t apply to me I just mean that I don’t have previous marriages, divorce, custody agreements etc where as he does. I just wanted to confirm that he has to supply these documents even though he isn’t the one that is interviewing 

On 10/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, bcyr9 said:

Hello, 

I have my interview coming up and want to ensure that I am correct on my understanding. 

I myself am the applicant applying for my K1 visa, my fiancé of course is the petitioner. 

Do we both have to provide the required documents on the check list or just myself as the applicant? The reason I ask is because a few of the certificates they ask for would apply to him however they don’t apply to me as the applicant. 

You are the applicant at this point yes aka beneficiary.

No you don't need any petitioner documents EXCEPT any divorce decrees.  Montreal has historically requested petitioner final divorce decree originals.  Not sure if they have recently but I know people have been put into AP for it, along with unrecently signed intent to marry, lack of domicile for petitioner, and lack of affidavit of support. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

niklr is on point. montreal is checking for the seals/stamp on the certified true copies of the divorce decrees. please note that you also need to bring ALL the decrees from the previous marriages. no exceptions.

most documents are for you except for the divorce decrees, letter of intent to marry, and the i-134 and proofs which are the financial documents from your fiance.

domicile for the petitioner was never asked. but please bring it with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.