Sam.az

I-134 or I-864 for AOS ?!?!

20 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

If you were to get an RFE, you would have to simply read the directions and respond to it that way.  If they do say use the I-864, and other supporting documents, you mail them with all the correspondence and USCIS will reply back to you saying if they accepted or not.

Or, the other way would be to call USCIS with your receipt number and tell them you accidentally mailed the I-134 instead of the I-864.

Thank you so much dear 🙏🏻 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Skood said:

You will probably get an RFIE at some point.
I forgot to submit an I-864 as well and got an RFE around a month after I had taken my biometrics. 

Can the OP take a filled in I-864 to the biometrics apt? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Highmystic said:

Can the OP take a filled in I-864 to the biometrics apt? 

For what reason?  The ASC does not intake documents 

YMMV

20 hours ago, Sam.az said:

Thank you for your help, did that make any delay on your case ? And how long u waited to get your EAD after biometrics taken?

Only a short amount of delay, as soon as I got the RFIE letter - I gathered all the documents and sent it overnight.

They had it by Monday next week and it was in the system that following Wednesday, after that it took maybe a week before it got updated to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview".

I'm still waiting for my EAD. It has been 3 months since filing on Wednesday and approx 10 weeks after biometrics.
I tried to expedite it but got denied before I could even provide evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.