Deanne81

Help please! Got interviewed and need more document but did not receive a 221g???

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, need help for a family member. She was interviewed for spousal visa and got this letter (attached). No 221g provided. I am confused. What does this mean? 

Some background: She felt the visa interview was really going well until someone handed the consul a folder (she thinks it was from the "prescreen"?). The consul abruptly concluded the interview and told her she was missing a "seminar". Confused, she asked Window 74 as instructed, and found out that it was "CENOMAR". So obviously she lost the opportunity to clarify the Cenomar requirement with the consul. 

Questions:

1) How can a married person obtain a CENOMAR?!?

2) Why was there no pink slip or 221g form? The letter that she was given instead-- what is it called, what does this mean? Administrative processing? 

3) Can anyone share the steps to submit documents via 2GO-- the instructions are not very clear ie no address was provided in the letter.

Thank you in advance for any help. 

teng_interview1.JPG

teng_interview2.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

THAT is a 221g.  

CENOMAR is one of the required documents.   With PSA a person requests a CENOMAR, if married a CEMAR is issued instead .. just the way  PSA works.     Go to PSA .. get 'er done, then get the CEMAR to the embassy per below instructions.

Here is a link to the 5 steps for requirements for the visa interview.  Te 5th step is the documents checklist

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

Here is info for submitting documents

After the Interview DID YOU RECEIVE A 221g for requested documents?

If after the interview you were given an instructions sheet requesting additional document(s) and then instructions to go to www.ustraveldocs.com?  The web link may be a little incomplete.  (Hopefully the embassy will update this sheet to include a more direct web address)

The website you need are listed below:

Basic instructions:  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp 

Drop off locations:  
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-loc-documentdropoff.asp

Submission Letter:  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/IV_221g_submission_slip.pdf

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Administrative processing is a normal part of the visa application review after the interview.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Deanne81 said:

Hi everyone, need help for a family member. She was interviewed for spousal visa and got this letter (attached). No 221g provided. I am confused. What does this mean? 

Some background: She felt the visa interview was really going well until someone handed the consul a folder (she thinks it was from the "prescreen"?). The consul abruptly concluded the interview and told her she was missing a "seminar". Confused, she asked Window 74 as instructed, and found out that it was "CENOMAR". So obviously she lost the opportunity to clarify the Cenomar requirement with the consul. 

Questions:

1) How can a married person obtain a CENOMAR?!?

2) Why was there no pink slip or 221g form? The letter that she was given instead-- what is it called, what does this mean? Administrative processing? 

3) Can anyone share the steps to submit documents via 2GO-- the instructions are not very clear ie no address was provided in the letter.

Thank you in advance for any help. 

teng_interview1.JPG

teng_interview2.JPG

I have gotten the exact same thing. I did not not have the Cenomar during my interview as it says on the instruction to bring Cenomar only if single. Cenomar was marked, and it says send with passport. Make a copy of this letter, print the 221g cover page and fill it in. Send copy of this letter, 221g cover page, Cenomar(which is actually an Advisory on Marriage when you are married) and passport through 2GO. There is no fee in sending documents. But hopefully you won't end up as I did as my application is now on administrative processing after providing all that was required. Good luck to us!

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, DAWme said:

I have gotten the exact same thing. I did not not have the Cenomar during my interview as it says on the instruction to bring Cenomar only if single. Cenomar was marked, and it says send with passport. Make a copy of this letter, print the 221g cover page and fill it in. Send copy of this letter, 221g cover page, Cenomar(which is actually an Advisory on Marriage when you are married) and passport through 2GO. There is no fee in sending documents. But hopefully you won't end up as I did as my application is now on administrative processing after providing all that was required. Good luck to us!

Yes that section is very poorly written, in the old instructions letter they left it out totally and ALL (well not all, some did tipped off  ;)  :) :lol:   ) immigrant visa applicants got a 221g letter requesting the CENOMAR .. which means a CEMAR for those married.

I think part of the issue is that PSA requires you request a CENOMAR, then if married PSA will issue a CEMAR (Advisory of Marriage, form 5)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.