Matheus

I-130 and I-485

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Matheus said:

Quick question, can I file the I-131 form without a reason to leave? Right now I don't have any reason to leave the U.S but you never know when/if you'll need to.

Unknown, to be determined, or something like that.

But it's definitely fine to not have a reason or plan to leave when filing for AP along with AOS from a K-1.

Edited by DaveAndAnastasia
K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Matheus said:

Thanks for the answers, that definitely made me understand how it works.

Thanks!!

Quick question, can I file the I-131 form without a reason to leave? Right now I don't have any reason to leave the U.S but you never know when/if you'll need to.

They ask a departure date, what should I put on that field?

I would have to look at my paperwork, but I believe we entered "TBD" or UNKNOWN".  USCIS knows you cna't travel without your green card anyways, so a specific date is not necessary.  Please do file the I-131 with your AOS.  Once I get home from work I can look through my application and give you a better answer. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

I would have to look at my paperwork, but I believe we entered "TBD" or UNKNOWN".  USCIS knows you cna't travel without your green card anyways, so a specific date is not necessary.  Please do file the I-131 with your AOS.  Once I get home from work I can look through my application and give you a better answer. 

Thank you very much, I appreciate it, looking forward to your answer.

4 hours ago, Matheus said:

They ask a departure date, what should I put on that field?

The I-131 is a multi-use use form. In your case you can put "TBD." Or you can put an unreasonable date; for example I filed the I-131 on 12/28/2018 and put 01/07/2019 as the "Date of Intended Departure." My I-131 was approved on 09/24/2019 for multiple trips; it's valid from 09/24/2019 to 09/23/2020.

Edited by HRQX

I just sent mine in the other day adjusting from the K1 Visa.  FYI, I almost forgot to put in her A-Number (not sure how important it is, but should probably have it filled in).  It is found on the NOA2/I-797.  I didn't fill out a I-693, but sent in a copy of the Medical Examination results and the DS-3025.  Didn't need the Medical Examination results, but I had them and figured I would send it anyways.  G-1145, I-765 and I-131 are optional.  The passport copy under the I-864 probably isn't necessary to prove my citizenship (since I had previously filed for K1 and submitted it then), but I sent a copy of my bio information on my passport anyways.  Not guaranteeing it is 100% correct because it hasn't been accepted yet (I did spend a lot of time looking stuff up), but I put this in my cover letter and you can use it for your reference.  You can also use the checklist on the visajourney site, but I think the information about the I-693 is incorrect for the K1 ( https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos/ ).  Also, visajourney have samples of the forms filled out, although some are a bit dated ( https://www.visajourney.com/content/examples/ ).

• Application fee  - $1225 
  • Form G-1145 e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  • Form I-485
    • Passport
    • Birth Certificate
    • Birth Certificate Translated to English
    • Marriage License
    • I-797 NOA2
    • Passport Photographs
  • Form I-864 Affidavit of Support
    • Tax Returns, W2 and 1099
    • Passport
  • I-693 Exemption
    • Medical Examination Report
    • DS-3025
  • Form I-765
    • I-94
  • Form I-131

16 minutes ago, HRQX said:

I'd say it's pretty important. Example of an AOS packet rejected because of inputting the A-number listed on the visa (in that particular case that visa had a typo):

I saw that one, but am unsure if they got rejected from writing an improper A Number.  I'm not sure if you leave it blank how that would affect it.  It is in the paperwork on the I-797 that you also submit with the packet, but to make sure I had to go back to the post office an pull my mail (because I had already mailed it) to write in the A-number before I re-sent it.

Edited by Madao
edit

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, Matheus said:

Thank you very much, I appreciate it, looking forward to your answer.

So I went through my application and I verified, for date of travel I entered: TO BE DETERMNED

And for the expected length of trip I entered:  UNKNOWN

Timeline

Thank you guys for all the answers so far, I finished filling all the forms and now reviewing all the supporting documents to be sent in the package, can you guys please give me an advice if all of these documents above are correct or if there's anything I'm missing?

I-485

G-1145
Payment
Cover Page
I-485 Form
Passport Bio Copy
Passport Visa Copy
Copy NOA2 Approval
I-94 copy
Birth Certificate copy
Birth Certificate Translation
Marriage Certificate (certified)
2 Passport Style Photos
DS-3025 copy

I-765
G-1145
2 Passport Style Photos

Passport Bio Copy

I-864
G-1145
I-864 form

Passport Bio Copy

Last 6 months pay stubs
3 last years IRS transcripts

I-131
G-1145

Passport Bio Copy
Passport Visa Copy
2 Passport Style Photos

4 hours ago, Matheus said:

I-864
G-1145
I-864 form

Passport Bio Copy

Last 6 months pay stubs
3 last years IRS transcripts

Technically the I-864 (and it's documents) is part of the I-485 packet. An example of the optional cover letters: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/719721-aos-packet-question/?do=findComment&comment=9880776 You can separate the 3 packets with "rubber band or fasteners" and send them all together in one envelope: https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

Edited by HRQX

Timeline

Do I have to send an additional birth certificate, translation, copy of i-94, biographic information from passport, visa and stamps copy, for the I-765 and I-131 considering I'm filing together? I'm a little confused on what to send with the I-765 and I-131.

7 minutes ago, Matheus said:

Do I have to send an additional birth certificate, translation, copy of i-94, biographic information from passport, visa and stamps copy, for the I-765 and I-131 considering I'm filing together?

Optional, but recommended:

Only copies are sent in at this point. Bring originals to the I-485 interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.