Trix

221(g) white slip refusal (REQUESTED PASSPORT AND ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I hope someone can help me with our problem. :( The US Consulate gave us a 221(g) white slip after our interview. He checked the last box on the white slip, stating that we need to send additional documents that has a check mark on the slip. It also states that we need to send our passports together with the requested documents. Our case was under Administrative Processing.

We already sent the documents together with our passports and it was already delivered at the US Embassy last October 17. When I checked our visa status online, our case was updated from October 10 (day of interview) to October 18. Still under Administrative Processing.

Our case was approved for expedite processing since I’m turning 21 this November 11. The US Embassy staff said that I should arrive in the US before my birthday, but right now, I’m not really sure if I’m going to make it because I’ve read so many cases that it usually takes months before it gets issued.. 

Anyone can enlighten me with this case? Should I keep worrying? Is there still a chance that our visa will be issued before my birthday? :(

I’m so worried right now..

11 minutes ago, Trix said:

Is there still a chance that our visa will be issued before my birthday?

Definitely. I think you will be fine. They are aware of the issue and they working on it. It updated today means they worked on it today. I think you will receive your visa in the next week or two. 

13 minutes ago, Trix said:

The US Embassy staff said that I should arrive in the US before my birthday

I am not sure that's right. I thought the visa has to be issued before your birthday, but I'm not Embassy staff, so... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, USS_Voyager said:

Definitely. I think you will be fine. They are aware of the issue and they working on it. It updated today means they worked on it today. I think you will receive your visa in the next week or two. 

I am not sure that's right. I thought the visa has to be issued before your birthday, but I'm not Embassy staff, so... 

Entry

YMMV

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Entry

What visa category requires this?

example CSPA rules are just “seeking to acquire” within one year of a visa being available with CSPA age below 21. More specific information about this case would help. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

example CSPA rules are just “seeking to acquire” within one year of a visa being available with CSPA age below 21. More specific information about this case would help. 

K2 is one 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

But this is under permanent resident forum so cannot be K2. 

Why not?  Her mommy could be. 

This assumes nobody has ever posted in the wrong place before 

YMMV

Timeline
2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

My father is a permanent resident in the United States. His petition was under his employer before. I guess this is what they call “follow-to-join”. So basically we are also under his employer’s petition. 

Visa Class: EW

Visa Category: E3

I’m sorry for the incomplete details. Thank you all for your time. I hope everything will be okay

Timeline
On 10/18/2019 at 11:22 PM, Trix said:

Hi guys! I hope someone can help me with our problem. :( The US Consulate gave us a 221(g) white slip after our interview. He checked the last box on the white slip, stating that we need to send additional documents that has a check mark on the slip. It also states that we need to send our passports together with the requested documents. Our case was under Administrative Processing.

We already sent the documents together with our passports and it was already delivered at the US Embassy last October 17. When I checked our visa status online, our case was updated from October 10 (day of interview) to October 18. Still under Administrative Processing.

Our case was approved for expedite processing since I’m turning 21 this November 11. The US Embassy staff said that I should arrive in the US before my birthday, but right now, I’m not really sure if I’m going to make it because I’ve read so many cases that it usually takes months before it gets issued.. 

Anyone can enlighten me with this case? Should I keep worrying? Is there still a chance that our visa will be issued before my birthday? :(

I’m so worried right now..

Visa issued today! Thank God! 

Usually it takes about 2 weeks from embassy receipt date for them to issue the visa then delivered to your address listed in 2 days. So, that may fall first week of November. It will be crunch time for you to get everything done, like pre departure seminar-if you have to do it, book flight, etc. Hopefully, your case will be expedited with the embassy having full knowledge of your situation. Like 1-1.5 weeks instead of 2 weeks so you have time to get everything done before your departure to the US.

Timeline
3 hours ago, IR5parent said:

Usually it takes about 2 weeks from embassy receipt date for them to issue the visa then delivered to your address listed in 2 days. So, that may fall first week of November. It will be crunch time for you to get everything done, like pre departure seminar-if you have to do it, book flight, etc. Hopefully, your case will be expedited with the embassy having full knowledge of your situation. Like 1-1.5 weeks instead of 2 weeks so you have time to get everything done before your departure to the US.

Thank you for your time. Visa was issued last October 21. We’re just waiting for the package to arrive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.