changbaihou

Case status shows “Card was Mailed”, but never received it, no tracking number provided

6 posts in this topic

On 10/7 my case status changed to “Card was mailed to me”. I received the Approval Notice in the regular mail on the same day.
It’s supposed that next day (10/8) the status should update to “USPS pick up your mail” and also should provide me the tracking number. However the case status never changes anymore.
I have signed up the Informed Delivery on USPS website, over there no tracking number shows up either.
Today (10/10) I called USCIS few times, the representatives couldn’t find the tracking number for me, they just keep saying that the card has been shipped out, I need to be patient and need to wait for 60-120 days (different representative told me the different timeslot). They refused to transfer me to Tier2 and said Tier2 can’t help either.
It’s not a good sign. In most cases, people received their green cards within 3 days after the “card was mailed” case status. I googled and realized that I might need to file I-90 and USCIS will reproduce a new card for me, and it will take up to one year and half!
What should I do? Anybody have the similar experience or any suggestion?
Thank you guys in advance! 😐

Edited by changbaihou
👆 Let's go to this thread to discuss the timelines in Nebraska (LIN) center! 👆

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

@changbaihou Don't file the I-90 yet. They did not tell you the tracking number because Tier 1 agents are just reading what you can read online.

Call back and ask for a Tier 2 officer and they will be able to tell you the tracking number assigned to you.

I checked a few cases that were approved around my case and for the ones that says Card Was Mailed To Me on 10/7 there is no change as of 12 PM EDT. 

Also, if you don't receive it by October 22, 2019 and it's not marked as delivered by USPS you can submit a request without filing the I-90. 

Read your case status. "If you do not receive your card by October 22, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you."

Edited by alexpop13

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

19 minutes ago, alexpop13 said:

@changbaihou 

I checked a few cases that were approved around my case and for the ones that says Card Was Mailed To Me on 10/7 there is no change as of 12 PM EDT. 

Hi @alexpop13

Thanks a lot for your information that a number of cards are stuck for the people who got "Card Was Mailed To Me" status on 10/7. They are not only 751 filers, right?

This message makes me feel better, I am not the only one.

Can you please let me know how to collect the cases which got "Card Was Mailed To Me" status on 10/7?

Per the good inspiration from @alexpop13 , I looked up some LIN cases got "Card was Mailed" status on 10/7-10/9.

All of them stuck in this step, no more updates so far.

Something might be wrong in the card production centers.

I kept checking my USPS account for informed delivery, and I also requested Hold Mail service.

This afternoon the tracking number pop up all of sudden, and said it's already delivered yesterday.

I flied to the post office and got my green card.

Not sure they are on purpose or not that they don't let you know the tracking number until it shows already delivered.

😶

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.