EliAnon

We got I-797c request for resubmission.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys! 

This is Eli's wife. I just sent our packets for aos and got back my daughters documents and they are requesting for her to resubmit her paper. I am wondering if since my papers got accepted and hers needs to resubmit. Would my case be pending until I resubmit my K2's document?  

I don't know what went wrong. I just made the same documents with mine for my daughters. 

Can anyone please walk us through on how to do the K2 packet. 

* Removed duplicate post in AOS from Student/Work/Tourist Visas. OP is doing AOS from K-1 *

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
39 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Hi Guys! 

This is Eli's wife. I just sent our packets for aos and got back my daughters documents and they are requesting for her to resubmit her paper. Please explain what this is supposed to mean?  I am wondering if since my papers got accepted and hers needs to resubmit. Would my case be pending until I resubmit my K2's document?  

I don't know what went wrong. I just made the same documents with mine for my daughters. 

You need to follow the three AOS Guides for K1/K3 Visa holders, the K1 Tip Guide, and the K2 Tip Guide:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos/

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1aos/

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips/

Did you follow the K2 Tip Guide? That one throws off a lot of folks. As you found out the hard way, there are some specific differences with between the K1 and K2 AOS packets. I hope that you followed the general forum advice and concurrently filed for AOS/EAD/AP for the K1 and K2 applicants. Check the Special Instructions tab on this USCIS Form I-485 link for more information on that topic: https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

You don't have a lot of time, you will need to have the revised K2 packet submitted using the old forms with a postmark on, or before Oct. 14, 2019. The new AOS forms become required for any AOS applications after Oct. 15, 2019, 

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
1 hour ago, EliAnon said:

Hi Guys! 

This is Eli's wife. I just sent our packets for aos and got back my daughters documents and they are requesting for her to resubmit her paper. I am wondering if since my papers got accepted and hers needs to resubmit. Would my case be pending until I resubmit my K2's document?  

The bigger issue for you may likely be getting the old form K2 packet revised and submitted before the deadline rather than if the K1 will be delayed by the K2 packet rejection. :yes: 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

You need to follow the three AOS Guides for K1/K3 Visa holders, the K1 Tip Guide, and the K2 Tip Guide:

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos/

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1aos/

https://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips/

Did you follow the K2 Tip Guide? That one throws off a lot of folks. As you found out the hard way, there are some specific differences with between the K1 and K2 AOS packets. I hope that you followed the general forum advice and concurrently filed for AOS/EAD/AP for the K1 and K2 applicants. Check the Special Instructions tab on this USCIS Form I-485 link for more information on that topic: https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

You don't have a lot of time, you will need to have the revised K2 packet submitted using the old forms with a postmark on, or before Oct. 14, 2019. The new AOS forms become required for any AOS applications after Oct. 15, 2019, 

I made a separate check for her. Does that mean when I resubmit the documents we have to pay the full price for her now?  

The notice stated that we have to resubmit her papers because it was improperly filed.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

I made a separate check for her. Does that mean when I resubmit the documents we have to pay the full price for her now?  

The notice stated that we have to resubmit her papers because it was improperly filed.  

Please take some time to review the links that I gave you. That specific topic is discussed in the K2 Tip Guide Link that I previously provided. Did they return the check?

BTW, that is why when we submitted our K1 and K2, I included only one check for both.

Edited by Pitaya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.