Thrillhouse

K1 Visa | Medical Exam | Two quick questions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

My medical is October 31st in Montreal while my interview is November 27th. Two quick questions:

1. Montreal requires 5 passport pictures, but what size do they need -- Canadian or American? I'm seeing different answers to this question and looking for input from someone who's gone recently. I don't want to spend money on a format I don't need.

2. I have several weeks between my medical and my interview. Does Montreal mail results if requested? My original plan was to pick it up on the 26th after I fly up and before my interview the next day, but simply mailing them to me would solve that problem.

Timeline

Hi! 

I have my medical on Nov 21 and interview on Nov 27. My medical results will be ready for pick up on the 26th. They will not mail them. They have to be picked up, signed for and then taken to the interview. I was told that the medical office does not mail medicals anywhere. If you have more than a week in between I would just call them and ask them to hold onto results until you return for your interview. 

As far as the passport pics, it was also explained to me that Canadian and American picture specifications are the same. I’m just getting new ones done for myself and kids as that is the last thing I want holding me up. 

Timeline

No surprise about the no mailings, it's honestly kind of what I expected. Looks like I'll go with my original plan of picking them up on the 26th before my interview on the 27th. 

8 hours ago, Kacey8361 said:

As far as the passport pics, it was also explained to me that Canadian and American picture specifications are the same. 

I'm guessing they meant for the purposes of the medical, as actual passport photo specs (for "official" purposes) are very different between the US and Canada.  Maybe I'll take a run to Costco after all.

Thanks for the response! :)

Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 6:58 AM, Thrillhouse said:

No surprise about the no mailings, it's honestly kind of what I expected. Looks like I'll go with my original plan of picking them up on the 26th before my interview on the 27th. 

I'm guessing they meant for the purposes of the medical, as actual passport photo specs (for "official" purposes) are very different between the US and Canada.  Maybe I'll take a run to Costco after all.

Thanks for the response! :)

Good catch! Glad you clarified because I had the same question a while ago and was told they are the same. Thank you for catching that!! 

13 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

US dimensions. Not Canadian. They are both different.

Good catch! Glad you clarified because I had the same question a while ago and was told they are the same. Thank you for catching that!! 

Timeline

I've spoken to Medisys, and they've told me to bring Canadian spec passport photos. Fine by me -- if they want the American size, they can cut them down from that. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

I've spoken to Medisys, and they've told me to bring Canadian spec passport photos. Fine by me -- if they want the American size, they can cut them down from that. :P

american size are larger than canadian, you cant cut down whats smaller heh :P

Timeline
1 hour ago, purem4g1c said:

american size are larger than canadian, you cant cut down whats smaller heh :P

Incorrect, alas. The American photos are 2" x 2" square, while the Canadian photos are 2" x 2.75" rectangular.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:07 PM, Thrillhouse said:

Incorrect, alas. The American photos are 2" x 2" square, while the Canadian photos are 2" x 2.75" rectangular.

But that would place you differently in the photo.

London drugs does the US size. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

So does Costco, luckily. There are no London Drugs in this corner of the country.

In any respect, considering these are for the medical and whose sole purpose is likely to grace file folders, I'm not particularly concerned. I will give Medisys what that asked for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.