chocolatecookie

Packet 4 timeline

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, chocolatecookie said:

Dear all, 

My packet 3 was delivered to GUZ on 09/27.  What will be a reasonable timeframe to expect the Packet 4 email? 

Many thanks

Ours was delivered on 9/30.  It looks like the average is about 6-8 days, but it will probably longer since they won't be working most of this week.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
1 hour ago, nosleep said:

Ours was delivered on 9/30.  It looks like the average is about 6-8 days, but it will probably longer since they won't be working most of this week.  

Thanks. We did not get the p4 email today and hoping for 10/4 or 10/7. We are looking to schedule an interview for Oct if possible. 

Timeline

There are several days available for October.  I think the earliest i saw available was October 9 but that may be too soon.  I just tried to check but now it's telling me my account is locked and I need to wait a few days; not sure what that is about.

Timeline
On 9/30/2019 at 3:25 PM, nosleep said:

There are several days available for October.  I think the earliest i saw available was October 9 but that may be too soon.  I just tried to check but now it's telling me my account is locked and I need to wait a few days; not sure what that is about.

Thanks for the reply. let's see when the p4 will arrive. fingers crossed. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, nosleep said:

Do you know if we can we book an appointment before receiving P4 if we pay the DS160 now?

I may be totally wrong about this. But I think some information from P4 is needed to schedule an interview ( i do not know what it is. probably a number or something? ) and some information from P4 is needed to do the medical. 

I am a bit confused about it too. 

Anyone can advise on this? 

Timeline

This is my 2nd K1.  Previously, I recalled that upon receiving the P3, I tried to reserve the interview.  The caveat is you are aiming for a medical that can be done prior.  So I booked like 1 month out and hope the P4 come in time for me to make the medical.  So things were ok in terms of schedule but unfortunately fiancee broke up last minute last time....

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 3:35 PM, chocolatecookie said:

Thanks for the reply. let's see when the p4 will arrive. fingers crossed. 

Our dates are almost the same and we received our P4 email October 9.

Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 5:53 PM, chocolatecookie said:

I may be totally wrong about this. But I think some information from P4 is needed to schedule an interview ( i do not know what it is. probably a number or something? ) and some information from P4 is needed to do the medical. 

I am a bit confused about it too. 

Anyone can advise on this? 

We were able to schedule the interview after paying the DS-160 fee.  There was nothing in the P4 email that was needed for us to schedule the interview or medical.  You only need the interview appointment confirmation to get the medical.

Timeline

Sounds good... I can go ahead and book the interview date like 6 weeks out, still waiting for P3 (GUZ already has it at READY).   Hopefully P4 arrives before my interview date in time for medical.    I need apply for leave to come to CHina.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline

I just wanted to make a correction about the P4 and medical. I think you will need a copy of the P4 email AND the interview appointment confirmation when you go to the medical.  We noticed this when preparing the paperwork to take to the medical this morning. 

There was nothing within the P4 that was needed, but the instructions did say to bring a copy of it to the medical appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.