1,282 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2023 at 1:25 PM, natashasa said:

Congratulations😇

Anyone with DQ in oct got IL?

Its so frustrating to wait so long for an interview date 😔

This is the screenshot of the US consulate Montreal Operations Updates.  As of February 1 , 2023 most Family preference cases scheduled for interview were DQ in August 2022.

So I don't think they covered anything more than August 2022. I could be wrong too.

image.thumb.png.1ba421fd14d1ab3d37c92c649b583781.png

10 hours ago, ks7608 said:

This is the screenshot of the US consulate Montreal Operations Updates.  As of February 1 , 2023 most Family preference cases scheduled for interview were DQ in August 2022.

So I don't think they covered anything more than August 2022. I could be wrong too.

Thank you

Anyone knows Do we need to get the police verification once again (in my case two countries police verification Canada and India)in case we go outside canada for one month or so and come back?

41 minutes ago, natashasa said:

Thank you

Anyone knows Do we need to get the police verification once again (in my case two countries police verification Canada and India)in case we go outside canada for one month or so and come back?

I think it's better to apply for both since you travelled to India recently after submitting your PCC to NVC.

On 1/29/2023 at 12:27 PM, ks7608 said:

Hi guys, just wanted to share some info regarding doing medical exam in Ontario . 
Make sure you have all the required vaccinations before attending the medical exam, because the approved doctor’s office doesn’t have any vaccine at their place, if you don’t have any vaccine they will ask you to do an immunity test that will take 2 or 3 days for the result to come and if you don’t have immunity then you need to take the vaccine . And most of the time they won’t have it in stock and they will have to order it . So plan accordingly. Also the doctor that I visited dr. Randall Lee, is a good doctor but then the staff there is terrible. I called them 4 days before the interview and asked if they sent the medical to the consulate. They checked then and told that they are missing X ray report . The x ray lab is in the same building as the doctors office . They simply didn’t take the papers from downstairs. So careless . If I hadn’t called them to check , they would have delayed it and maybe not even sent the medical to the consulate. I paid around CAD 300 for their service and they were so irresponsible. I then constantly had to keep calling them and finally they sent it the day before the interview to the consulate. The only good thing now is that the doctor send the report to the consulate electronically after COVID started . I went for the medical exam 21 days before the interview date. That’s enough time for them to submit it to the consulate. But they delayed it  due to their mistake, which made stress a lot of the report would be received on time .
I just wanted to inform you all waiting for the interview letter that the medical in Canada is horrible . I heard all the doctors have similar issues. The only thing you can control is that you have taken all the required vaccines before the medical exam .

Hope this information helps someone down the line .

Hi @ks7608, I am also doing my medical through dr Randall lee. The receptionist said I don’t need to bring any passport photos. Is this true? Did you bring any?

I know I should trust the receptionist, but I just want to double check since you hv personal experience with them. I just don’t want anything to go wrong.

thank you !

13 minutes ago, Coconuting2 said:

Hi @ks7608, I am also doing my medical through dr Randall lee. The receptionist said I don’t need to bring any passport photos. Is this true? Did you bring any?

I know I should trust the receptionist, but I just want to double check since you hv personal experience with them. I just don’t want anything to go wrong.

thank you !

I took 3 and went to the medical, if you don’t have it’s fine , they will take your photo their. Since I had mine already they took that. 

25 minutes ago, ks7608 said:

I took 3 and went to the medical, if you don’t have it’s fine , they will take your photo their. Since I had mine already they took that. 

Thanks for your prompt reply, @ks7608!

may I also ask one more question? Did you hv to upload updated documents? (Updated police report or tax form, etc) before the interview? If you did, how did you upload it?

1 hour ago, Coconuting2 said:

may I also ask one more question? Did you hv to upload updated documents? (Updated police report or tax form, etc) before the interview? If you did, how did you upload it?

If you want you can, I didn’t . My lawyer told not to. If you have new documents, during the interview at the first window they will ask for all the documents, if it’s not already scanned to the portal they will take and do the needful. You don’t need to do anything.

1 hour ago, Coconuting2 said:

Also if you already uploaded the 2021 tax return of your spouse, then it’s fine you don’t need to upload anything more . Because 2022 tax filing season just started . If your spouse filed it then take it to the interview. Also the latest w2 of last year and paystubs of last 3 months . 

21 minutes ago, ks7608 said:

Also if you already uploaded the 2021 tax return of your spouse, then it’s fine you don’t need to upload anything more . Because 2022 tax filing season just started . If your spouse filed it then take it to the interview. Also the latest w2 of last year and paystubs of last 3 months . 

Thank you very much, @ks7608 !!! Thanks for all the info!

Timeline
On 2/1/2023 at 7:33 PM, ks7608 said:

Thanks @ks7608 for posting this. My case (F3) has been DQ since April 2022, but heard nothing yet. 

21 hours ago, dhung said:

Thanks @ks7608 for posting this. My case (F3) has been DQ since April 2022, but heard nothing yet. 

I hope you know this, if not just for your info.

The NVC schedules the interview based on the final action date in the Visa Bulletin published each month. 

Since your Priority date is not current I believe, that's why you are not receiving the interview letter. 

Hopefully your Priority date becomes current in the Final action chart soon, and you receive the interview letter.

Here is the link for the February 2023 Visa bulletin for your reference.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-february-2023.html

Timeline
2 hours ago, ks7608 said:

I hope you know this, if not just for your info.

The NVC schedules the interview based on the final action date in the Visa Bulletin published each month. 

Since your Priority date is not current I believe, that's why you are not receiving the interview letter. 

Hopefully your Priority date becomes current in the Final action chart soon, and you receive the interview letter.

Here is the link for the February 2023 Visa bulletin for your reference.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-february-2023.html

That makes sense. In that case, I should be expecting a response in a month or two. Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.