lonesurvivor

Question about what I said at POE the first time i visited

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry that I've been asking so many questions, I obviously have some anxiety issues about this interview. 

We're aosing from b2 visa. We met two times in person. The first time, we had no met yet so when asked what my reason for visiting, I said vacation (6 days in LA) and he asked who are you staying with and I said friends. He asked if I had any gifts and I said just chocolates. That's it.

Second time, I said vacation and asked who I am staying with I did say boyfriend because he was officially my boyfriend where then he asked how long, where I was truthful and how much money I brought. Was let in after that. 

In the k1 visa (we submitted this before we decided to aos and then subsequently withdrew it when we got married) we included a "circumstances of meeting" where I said we admitted we had romantic feelings for each other and were "together ever since" from even before we met. I did not tell the POE boyfriend because well, we had no met yet and I am of the belief its weird to at least me, to refer to someone as your girlfriend or boyfriend that you had not met. Literally as soon as I met my boyfriend for the first time, in the airport still, he asked me to be his girlfriend then and there. Before that, we agreed we would not refer to each other as that yet. Could this be an issue? I apologize again for so many issues. My interview is on the 24th and I can barely sleep I am so nervous always. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, lonesurvivor said:

I'm sorry that I've been asking so many questions, I obviously have some anxiety issues about this interview. 

We're aosing from b2 visa. We met two times in person. The first time, we had no met yet so when asked what my reason for visiting, I said vacation (6 days in LA) and he asked who are you staying with and I said friends. He asked if I had any gifts and I said just chocolates. That's it.

Second time, I said vacation and asked who I am staying with I did say boyfriend because he was officially my boyfriend where then he asked how long, where I was truthful and how much money I brought. Was let in after that. 

In the k1 visa (we submitted this before we decided to aos and then subsequently withdrew it when we got married) we included a "circumstances of meeting" where I said we admitted we had romantic feelings for each other and were "together ever since" from even before we met. I did not tell the POE boyfriend because well, we had no met yet and I am of the belief its weird to at least me, to refer to someone as your girlfriend or boyfriend that you had not met. Literally as soon as I met my boyfriend for the first time, in the airport still, he asked me to be his girlfriend then and there. Before that, we agreed we would not refer to each other as that yet. Could this be an issue? I apologize again for so many issues. My interview is on the 24th and I can barely sleep I am so nervous always. 

There are no issues here. Relax, take a breath and smell the roses.  You will be ok. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, azblk said:

There are no issues here. Relax, take a breath and smell the roses.  You will be ok. 

Thanks so much for your response. I can not help but to obsessively worry about little things like these as my interview approaches, going to be great to have it all behind me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.