Jump to content
gonzolux

New passport for beneficiary between I-130 and NVC stage

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hi, my husband got a new passport between filing our I-130 and submitting documents to the NVC. Someone said on another VJ page that we need to bring an updated I-130 to his interview? That sounds weird though because we'd have to update a lot information. That was about 15 months ago, so I have since moved back to the US, changed jobs, etc. To be safe, he'll bring his old passport and two copies of it, but filling out a new copy of the I-130 is something I have never heard of.

 

Thoughts??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
16 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Someone said on another VJ page that we need to bring an updated I-130 to his interview?

 

Whoever said that was grossly incorrect.

 

The only passport that will be required for the interview is the valid one; no need to bring the expired one unless it contains entry/exit stamps from trip the two of you took together.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, gonzolux said:

Hi, my husband got a new passport between filing our I-130 and submitting documents to the NVC. Someone said on another VJ page that we need to bring an updated I-130 to his interview? That sounds weird though because we'd have to update a lot information. That was about 15 months ago, so I have since moved back to the US, changed jobs, etc. To be safe, he'll bring his old passport and two copies of it, but filling out a new copy of the I-130 is something I have never heard of.

 

Thoughts??

I find in life that lots of things I never heard of before are actually true and correct.  However, this is NOT one of them.  Just use the new passport information going forward.


Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Country: Macedonia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ryan H said:

 

Whoever said that was grossly incorrect.

 

The only passport that will be required for the interview is the valid one; no need to bring the expired one unless it contains entry/exit stamps from trip the two of you took together.

 

2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I find in life that lots of things I never heard of before are actually true and correct.  However, this is NOT one of them.  Just use the new passport information going forward.

Thanks y'all. I already plan on my husband bringing far more than he probably needs. I want him to have anything they could possibly ask for! Fortunately he's in a small country with shorter waits and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...