Jump to content

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I went for my cr1 cr2 interview in kenya on 5th sep 2019.

It went well until the consular asked me to provide consent letter from my daughters biological father since it appears on the birth certificate.(my husband applied for her as a stepdaughter)She also asked us to upload a joint sponsor(affidavit)

So she gave me the yellow form and told me send either consent letter or order of full custody via dhl and your two original passports.

Any Hope in our case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gatwi said:

I went for my cr1 cr2 interview in kenya on 5th sep 2019.

It went well until the consular asked me to provide consent letter from my daughters biological father since it appears on the birth certificate.(my husband applied for her as a stepdaughter)She also asked us to upload a joint sponsor(affidavit)

So she gave me the yellow form and told me send either consent letter or order of full custody via dhl and your two original passports.

Any Hope in our case?

If you are able to get the needed evidence otherwise no hope without it


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you obtain the requested documents, I would not expect an issue. If you don't, then I would not expect the visa to be issued to the stepchild.


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

If you are able to get the needed evidence otherwise no hope without it

Thanks..we already got the joint sponsor.Im working on getting the order of sole custody then I send them to embassy.Do you think once I send them it might be approved.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

If you obtain the requested documents, I would not expect an issue. If you don't, then I would not expect the visa to be issued to the stepchild.

Thanks.We already have the joint sponsor.Now working on getting the order of sole custody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gatwi said:

Thanks.We already have the joint sponsor.Now working on getting the order of sole custody.

 

1 hour ago, Gatwi said:

Thanks.We already have the joint sponsor.Now working on getting the order of sole custody.

If the biological dad accepts to give a notarized concept..do we put his contact or email on the form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...