Hemutian

Unable to check status on CEAC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

For the last two days I've been unable to check our case status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac. For context, our interview was 2 weeks ago, result being that beneficiary was approved, passport kept at consulate for visa issuance, no request for additional documents, told that visa would be ready in 2 weeks. We've been waiting for 2 weeks for our case status to update from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued". Last time we were able to see the case status two days ago it was still "Administrative Processing". Right now we're unable to get any status update at all.

I'm hoping others can share whether they're having the same problem or not, so I can determine whether this problem is unique to us, or applies to the entire system.

I'm able to get into the https://ceac.state.gov/ceac website initially and enter the first captcha. After that, I'm able to click on "Check Immigrant Visa Status". After that I'm able to enter the case number and the second captcha. It's after this that things go wrong. In the past, after this step it immediately displayed the case status. Now, there is no case status displayed. The website just sits endlessly on the "enter case number" page. The little "progress bar" spins around implying that the website is still in progress, but after several minutes it just stops, never having displayed the status. If I hit refresh, it gives me another captcha, and the whole process repeats itself, still never giving the status. Can't call technical support because it's the weekend.

I see in previous threads that people have had issues with the CEAC website before. However, the problem I'm facing seems to be different than what I see in these earlier threads. For instance, there is a mega thread from last July in which the CEAC was down for maintenance for over a week. However, in that case, there was a message displayed explaining that the website would be down for maintenance. Right now, there's no such message, and besides, I'm able to get as far as the enter case number page, which tells me that the website is not down for maintenance.  Other threads describe getting weird error messages when trying to check case status. Again, I'm not getting any weird error message. I'm just unable to check the case status, that's it. 

For what it's worth we also tried to check the "Nonimmigrant status" on CEAC and it says there is no record of our case number.

We're also unable to check our case status at the UStraveldocs.com website. We're able to log in there, but where it says "document delivery status" instead of stating the status, it's just blank, no info. 

So that's TWO case status websites that are both giving us NO info at this point.

So I have one possible explanation that would actually be good news. It's that our case is currently in the process of being transferred from "Immigrant" to "Nonimmigrant", and right now it's stuck in a kind of "limbo" in between the two types of status, which is why we're unable to get any status update at all. And since it's the weekend now we're just going to have to wait until next Monday for them to move our case out of "limbo". Does this explanation make any sense? Has anyone else experienced this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Hemutian said:

For the last two days I've been unable to check our case status at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac. For context, our interview was 2 weeks ago, result being that beneficiary was approved, passport kept at consulate for visa issuance, no request for additional documents, told that visa would be ready in 2 weeks. We've been waiting for 2 weeks for our case status to update from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued". Last time we were able to see the case status two days ago it was still "Administrative Processing". Right now we're unable to get any status update at all.

I'm hoping others can share whether they're having the same problem or not, so I can determine whether this problem is unique to us, or applies to the entire system.

I'm able to get into the https://ceac.state.gov/ceac website initially and enter the first captcha. After that, I'm able to click on "Check Immigrant Visa Status". After that I'm able to enter the case number and the second captcha. It's after this that things go wrong. In the past, after this step it immediately displayed the case status. Now, there is no case status displayed. The website just sits endlessly on the "enter case number" page. The little "progress bar" spins around implying that the website is still in progress, but after several minutes it just stops, never having displayed the status. If I hit refresh, it gives me another captcha, and the whole process repeats itself, still never giving the status. Can't call technical support because it's the weekend.

I see in previous threads that people have had issues with the CEAC website before. However, the problem I'm facing seems to be different than what I see in these earlier threads. For instance, there is a mega thread from last July in which the CEAC was down for maintenance for over a week. However, in that case, there was a message displayed explaining that the website would be down for maintenance. Right now, there's no such message, and besides, I'm able to get as far as the enter case number page, which tells me that the website is not down for maintenance.  Other threads describe getting weird error messages when trying to check case status. Again, I'm not getting any weird error message. I'm just unable to check the case status, that's it. 

For what it's worth we also tried to check the "Nonimmigrant status" on CEAC and it says there is no record of our case number.

We're also unable to check our case status at the UStraveldocs.com website. We're able to log in there, but where it says "document delivery status" instead of stating the status, it's just blank, no info. 

So that's TWO case status websites that are both giving us NO info at this point.

So I have one possible explanation that would actually be good news. It's that our case is currently in the process of being transferred from "Immigrant" to "Nonimmigrant", and right now it's stuck in a kind of "limbo" in between the two types of status, which is why we're unable to get any status update at all. And since it's the weekend now we're just going to have to wait until next Monday for them to move our case out of "limbo". Does this explanation make any sense? Has anyone else experienced this?

After ours was in Administrative Processing, ours disappeared too. After doing research, instead of using the MNL# in immigrant visa, use your AA# in non-immigrant visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lawrence1968 said:

After ours was in Administrative Processing, ours disappeared too. After doing research, instead of using the MNL# in immigrant visa, use your AA# in non-immigrant visa.

Thank you!

I'd been using the case number in the "Non-immigrant visa" and getting the "your case doesn't exist" response.

Just tried it again using the AA# number as you suggested, and this time I get a "Application Received" notice. 
I think that's exactly what we want. It means they've finally moved us from the Immigrant Division to the Non-Immigrant Division, and are getting ready to issue the visa.

Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.