Mr & Mrs T

Paperwork’s to translate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello VJ family , 

My case was sent to NVC from NSC today so its time to work ! 😊

have some few questions about the paperwork’s who needs to be translated for NVC .

do , 1st , NVC ask for our diplomas ? If yes mine are in French , do i have to make them translate ? 

What about the police certificate , mine is empty but I’m French , do I have to make it translate ? 

We work on the D-260 and they asked where I worked . Do they ask contract and translation of it because I don’t have everything .

Thank you for your answers 🙏

28 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

NVC ask for our diplomas ?

No.

29 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

We work on the D-260 and they asked where I worked . Do they ask contract

No.

30 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

What about the police certificate , mine is empty but I’m French , do I have to make it translate ?

French is good: "written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa" https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Timeline
5 minutes ago, HRQX said:

No.

No.

French is good: "written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa" https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Thank you 🙏 

for the police cerifcate as I move to USA he has to be translate so .

ok now it’s more clear !

🙏😊

Timeline

You don't need to translate anything at this point. If you want to translate your documents to have them for your life in the US, you can do that, but at the NVC or embassy stage, you can bring the French paperwork with no problem.

I had my interview yesterday and I gave them my french police certificate, my french Birth certificate and my french wedding certificate. That's also the documents I uploaded on the NVC stage, all in french.

They Don't ask for your diplomas or your work contracts either.

The only work paperwork you will have to give is from your US spouse

Timeline
36 minutes ago, K-Kwette said:

You don't need to translate anything at this point. If you want to translate your documents to have them for your life in the US, you can do that, but at the NVC or embassy stage, you can bring the French paperwork with no problem.

I had my interview yesterday and I gave them my french police certificate, my french Birth certificate and my french wedding certificate. That's also the documents I uploaded on the NVC stage, all in french.

They Don't ask for your diplomas or your work contracts either.

The only work paperwork you will have to give is from your US spouse

Ok thank you very much for your answers 🙏

i know we are not arrived yet but I want everything to be ready for NVC to not waste even 1 day . 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

At the US Embassy in Paris in the list of documents to bring to the interview it says, “final divorce decree translated into English”. I am confused. Even if my French husband’s decree is in French, do we really need to get all 6 pages translated? That would be pretty expensive..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.