Tore

I-129F: Places You Have Resided looks funny.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello! I have a quick question.

For questions numbers 50.a. - 51.b. in section 1 on page 4, it asks for you to provide all of the foreign countries, not necessarily with any correlation, just simply the states and countries you've lived in.

For example I've lived in the following states: MA, CT, CA; and the following countries: USA, AUS, KR.

It looks wrong but I've listed my residence as the following:

Residence 1 ( page 4 )
50.a: MA
50.b: USA

Residence 2 (page 4 )
50.a: CA
50.b: Australia

Residence 3 (page 8 )
50.a: CT

Residence 3 (page 8 )
50.b: South Korea

I guess it's off putting because the states I've lived in don't correlate with the country. I'd rather be put VIC Australia; Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea: and MA, USA, but I've seen no examples of this on visa journey.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Edited by Tore

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tore said:

Hello! I have a quick question.

For questions numbers 50.a. - 51.b. in section 1 on page 4, it asks for you to provide all of the foreign countries, not necessarily with any correlation, just simply the states and countries you've lived in.

For example I've lived in the following states: MA, CT, CA; and the following countries: USA, AUS, KR.

It looks wrong but I've listed my residence as the following:

Residence 1 ( page 4 )
50.a: MA
50.b: USA

Residence 2 (page 4 )
50.a: CA
50.b: Australia

Residence 3 (page 8 )
50.a: CT

Residence 3 (page 8 )
50.b: South Korea

I guess it's off putting because the states I've lived in don't correlate with the country. I'd rather be put VIC Australia; Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea: and MA, USA, but I've seen no examples of this on visa journey.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Why are you not putting USA as the country for each state?

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would do it this way:

On Page 4:

Residence 1

50.a. State: MA

50.b. Country: United States

Residence 2

51.a. State: CT

51.b. Country: United States

On Page 8:

Residence 3

51.a. State: CA

51.b. Country: United States

Residence 4

51.a. State: Victoria

51.b. Country: Australia

Residence 5

51.a. Province: Gyeongsangbuk-do

51.b. Country: South Korea

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Tore said:

I think that there is.

For example, if one resided in the state of Washington in the United States and in Australia:

Residence 1

50.a. State: WA

50.b. Country: Australia

This may be misunderstood as Western Australia (WA), Australia.

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

Timeline
16 hours ago, Soon To Be Mrs. T said:

I think that there is.

For example, if one resided in the state of Washington in the United States and in Australia:

Residence 1

50.a. State: WA

50.b. Country: Australia

This may be misunderstood as Western Australia (WA), Australia.

That makes a lot of sense, I'll change it thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I have a question, too, in that case. In the extra information I put my current state as:

52.a. New Jersey

with an explanation that this is my current state, and my third state or foreign country I have lived in since my 18th birthday.

Because 50.a. and 51.a. are already used for the first two, and there is no 52.a.

I figure that's ok?

Edited by EmptySeats

Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, EmptySeats said:

I have a question, too, in that case. In the extra information I put my current state as:

52.a. New Jersey

with an explanation that this is my current state, and my third state or foreign country I have lived in since my 18th birthday.

Because 50.a. and 51.a. are already used for the first two, and there is no 52.a.

I figure that's ok?

Let me clarify, are you confused about how to use the citation? I would not add any additional numbers to the form, so do not put 52.a or 52.b, because 52 isn't an option on the form. 

From what I've seen people usually re-write the second example (Residence 2) on page 8, and therefore repeat the numbers 51.a and 51.b, in the Item Number box on page 8. I would put 51.a - b: Residence 4, 51.a - b: Residence 5, 51.a - b: Residence 6 etc. 

I am unable to use "-"  in the document so I am going to print it out and write it by hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.