Eva_AJ

SSN not arrived after 4 weeks (Temple, TX)

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hello everyone 👋

Has anyone on here had an issue with their social security card taking too long? I applied for mine on 31.7. (got married on 2.8.) and I'm still waiting (it's been almost 5 weeks. Could the marriage between be a problem?) I called the Temple office twice, once it was on 3 weeks mark, the lady look it up by my reference number, told me it's still in process and should wait for the 4th week. Called again today, lady told me first she can't look it up by my reference number, I told her the lady 2 weeks ago did it no problem then she told me if the lady told me to wait, I should wait and I told her it's been already over 5 weeks. After that she told me to go there again and apply for new one (she went on saying that I will receive it in 7-10 days which is B's as foreigner I have to go through background check and that's another 4 weeks of waiting). I have informed delivery with USPS and so far I had no issue getting anything delivered and always got an email about all my deliveries. Anyone got the same issue? Should I just wait? Should try to call again and hopefully speak with someone else?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife has been waiting since May for hers.  Had to get our congressional representative's office involved and finally received a response from SSA summed up as "We're manually checking she's fine here. We sat on our butts."

Timeline

Oh damn 😲 I really need it as I need it for my Texas driving license and my husband is deploying in a month so I'll be without anyone to drive me around 😭

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eva_AJ said:

Oh damn 😲 I really need it as I need it for my Texas driving license and my husband is deploying in a month so I'll be without anyone to drive me around 😭

You can try going to the SSA office to check the status of your case.  Don't call the 800 number as they won't be able to look up your case.

Timeline
Just now, Spardasa said:

You can try going to the SSA office to check the status of your case.  Don't call the 800 number as they won't be able to look up your case.

That's what a lady at Temple SSA told me though that she can't check it. I'll try to call later to get someone else.

35 minutes ago, Eva_AJ said:

I really need it as I need it for my Texas driving license 

Since a SSN still hasn't been issued you might be eligible to submit an affidavit stating that you've never received a SSN: https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/ssn.htm

Edited by HRQX

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

Since a SSN still hasn't been issued you might be eligible to submit an affidavit stating that you've never received an SSN: https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/ssn.htm

We tried that but the guy at the office said that as I already applied for it, it would be false statement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Go back and visit the SSA again if it’s past the 4 weeks and you have nothing. They might need to reopen your case again (it happened to me). The sooner you go to talk in person the better because you only have a limited amount of time to actually apply for one. 2 weeks before your 90 day period is when they’ll stop allowing you to apply and you’ll have to wait until you get your EAD so get in to see them if you can. 

On 7/28/2019 at 7:43 PM, O-J said:

Figured I’d provide an update on my situation in case anyone experiences the same thing. It seems to be pretty common from reading the other threads on here. 

My process: 

12th May: Arrived in US

31st May: Applied for social security card at SSA

9th July: Returned to SSA to see what was taking so long as I hadn’t received my card. They said they couldn’t verify my status as my middle names (I have 2) had been added to my first name as my given name. This is because this is how it is displayed on my passport and therefore also the I-94. They ended up submitting a new SAVE case but told me to contact DHS as it would probably be rejected again. I emailed SAVE.help@uscis.dhs.gov to explain the situation but received no response and didn’t expect one really but figured I’d try it as my final attempt to get the card before sending my AOS application. Who knows if it helped or not but I got the card. 

22nd July: Card was issued

28th July: Received card in the mail

I ended up mailing my AOS/EAD/AP applications off on July 24th and turns out they mailed my SS card on the same date. I did tick the box to receive a SSN with my EAD but won’t be needing that now.

K1 Visa (232 Days):

Spoiler

I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019 - Approved!

Visa Issued - 27th March 2019

Visa in hand - 29th March 2019

US Entry - 12th May 2019 - Dublin

Married- June 2019 💕

AOS:

Spoiler

I-485, I-765 & I-131 submitted - 24th July 2019

Cheque cashed - 1st August 2019

3 NOA’s received - 31st July 2019

Biometrics - 21st August 2019

Interview - 28th Feb 2020

Approved - 3rd Mar 2020

Card received - 11th Mar 2020

ROC:

Spoiler

I-751 submitted - 15th Feb 2022

Case received - 17th Feb 2022

Text received - 22nd Feb 2022

NOA received in mail - 2nd Mar 2022 (Dated 22nd Feb 2022)

Case updated to Fingerprints were taken - 28th Mar 2022 (No Biometrics done)

Case updated to New Card Being Produced - 7th April 2023

N-400:

Spoiler

Submitted online - 4th Mar 2023

NOA dated- 5th Mar 2023

Biometrics Scheduled - 11th Mar 2023

Biometrics - 27th Mar 2023

Interview - ?

Oath Ceremony - ?

Timeline

@O-J thank you! I actually got hold someone else on the phone, they told me that my paperwork got lost and I will have to apply again, we going tomorrow. I'm on my 6th week here so hopefully no problems.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Eva_AJ said:

@O-J thank you! I actually got hold someone else on the phone, they told me that my paperwork got lost and I will have to apply again, we going tomorrow. I'm on my 6th week here so hopefully no problems.

Great! It’s definitely worth a visit in person when dealing with SSA. I had no luck at all over the phone. Good luck 😊

K1 Visa (232 Days):

Spoiler

I-129F submitted - 28th July 2018

NOA1 - 2nd Aug 2018

NOA2 - 26th Dec 2018

NVC received - 14th Jan 2019

NVC case assigned - 22nd Jan 2019

Booked medical - 25th Jan 2019

NVC left - 5th Feb 2019

Embassy received - 8th Feb 2019

DS-160 submitted + booked interview  - 12th Feb 2019

Medical -  22nd Feb 2019

Interview - 22nd Mar 2019 - Approved!

Visa Issued - 27th March 2019

Visa in hand - 29th March 2019

US Entry - 12th May 2019 - Dublin

Married- June 2019 💕

AOS:

Spoiler

I-485, I-765 & I-131 submitted - 24th July 2019

Cheque cashed - 1st August 2019

3 NOA’s received - 31st July 2019

Biometrics - 21st August 2019

Interview - 28th Feb 2020

Approved - 3rd Mar 2020

Card received - 11th Mar 2020

ROC:

Spoiler

I-751 submitted - 15th Feb 2022

Case received - 17th Feb 2022

Text received - 22nd Feb 2022

NOA received in mail - 2nd Mar 2022 (Dated 22nd Feb 2022)

Case updated to Fingerprints were taken - 28th Mar 2022 (No Biometrics done)

Case updated to New Card Being Produced - 7th April 2023

N-400:

Spoiler

Submitted online - 4th Mar 2023

NOA dated- 5th Mar 2023

Biometrics Scheduled - 11th Mar 2023

Biometrics - 27th Mar 2023

Interview - ?

Oath Ceremony - ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same . With my wife . We applied Twice and it never came . Turns out it was the mail carrier wouldn’t deliver it because her name wasn’t on the mailbox. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, biglove1 said:

Same . With my wife . We applied Twice and it never came . Turns out it was the mail carrier wouldn’t deliver it because her name wasn’t on the mailbox. 

I have mine on the mail box and I'm signed for USPS informed delivery, have already mail came in.

Timeline

UPDATE: Went to SSA today, they actually said that Homeland security had issue with verifying my stay. They said I came too early (3rd work day after arrival) and should have waited for the 2 weeks so I am in the system. Some people had zero issue going to SSA early but I guess it depends. If you can wait before wedding, go after 2 weeks mark just to be safe and don't have to wait like me. I had to resubmit my application now.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:25 AM, Spardasa said:

Interesting, the rep I had was very patient with me and looked it up and said my wife was in the system under pending. I'm just at the 4 weeks mark and waiting. I might just head into the office and check up on it. Will report back if I do.

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.